Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Did they nerf Li-Ming at all? She feels less strong now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Having fun with Tyrael, I haven't lost any of my QM games to level 5. It seems that with him people tend to underestimate how dangerous he can be because he's a tank, I got a lot of kills from low health dummies sticking around trying to kill me only to get sword'ed.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I don't mind stealth. I used to hate illidan because of his playstyle and the kind of people who play him, but then i discovered how to gently caress him up with johanna. Stealth is no different, just something to be aware of in the game.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Li ming's Q is great for revealing stealth because it's like a shotgun.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Avalerion posted:

Hope vs ai games as quests is just a one time thing... alternatively you can't delete a quest you don't want to do, or?

Yeah they suck. I don't want to play VS AI because I don't learn anything.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

They should add Hogger.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Blackthorne, then Hogger, then an orc peon.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Mind over Matter posted:

I don't enjoy Vs AI games as they are right now, personally. I'm not against some more creative PvE stuff at all, though.

Today I went blind into a QM game with Tassadar, not trying him out first or anything, lost and got shouted at by 4 extremely angry Russians.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Mind over Matter posted:

That sucks. To clarify, I'm absolutely not against Vs AI existing as it does. For practice, for people who just like playing that mode, whatever. I'm not for one second saying to tear it down. I just mean that some more creative and unique PvE challenges would be up my alley.

Or like someone said a few pages ago, give us an editor and Use Map Settings.

Oh I wasn't really complaining. Getting yelled at in angry cyrillic is part of this game. I just quickplay all the time instead of VAI because it's a way faster way to learn a character and who cares if you ruin one or two games.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Any tips for efficiently microing the vikings? I just bought these fuckers and I love unorthodox heroes.

I get that I should use shift to give them a bunch of instructions. Is it okay to have some of them idle in a bush sometimes or what? Really keeping them all up all the time seems pretty hard. Which one is the most important?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

By the way, I can't log into the EU servers. Anyone else have this?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I just had a game with a gay bear lumberjack skin Uther riding a pig mount and it's the greatest thing in the game.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

It was exactly like this

and now I don't even want to play this game anymore because that mount is no longer for sale and therefore the ultimate goal of the game is out of reach for me.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I keep coming back to Murky. Just throwing that dumb exploding fish and locking someone down within its silly explosion radius, then sliming them and floating off. I also love anything involving split pushing and mercing around.

I found Murky's good for getting the turrets on Hanamura, which you can then pair with your fish and the tentacle stun for cool damage.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I think all healing in this game should basically be like Auriel's, where it's largely a function of DPS and of the target's DPS, and the healer is forced to fight actively and provide utility to be able to heal.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

In Hanamura it's fun to be Murky, bribe a turret and set it up near their payload, wait for the solo Greymane or whoever to show up and fish+octograb him within range of the turret so it gets to shoot at him for 3 seconds on top of the octo damage and the fish explosion, then slime his rear end on the way out.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

How do I get a good damage output on D.Va? I play QM, matches are hit or miss.

Also I got an email for 5 lootboxes, but I never actually got them in the game. What do I do?

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 11, 2017

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Nephzinho posted:

Boop things a lot. Stay in mech and in the thick of things so your guns are hitting multiple targets.

I try this but usually I get destroyed, especially in my last match where I was up against valeera+varian. They just use a gap closer after i boost out to escape and take me down. What's the key? Defense matrix?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

garthoneeye posted:

What region are you in?

Non-NA regions got their boxes added to NA. Blizzard claimed to be working to fix it.

I'm in EU, that must be it then. I guess I'll get them at some point, I hope.

Thanks for the D.Va advice, I had a few good matches with her but a few other ones where we were absolutely destroyed and I felt like i had no power to do anything, which I haven't had with any other hero for a while now. I guess she also depends quite a lot on the performance of the other team members (particularly, CC for when you blow yourself up) for her own damage.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

We played hots at a friends home lan party over the weekend, we formed a team with 5 smiling beach Tychus portraits, I guess it mustve looked pretty intimidating to the other team.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I'm the world's worst Tyrande player. I don't get what I'm supposed to do with her, by which I mean, I get that she can scout and support, but especially in QM this feels kinda underpowered. Her attacks seem pretty ineffective, as do her heals. What kind of strategy am I supposed to use with her?

I'm asking because the game seems to be pushing Tyrande onto me like crazy, I just got 3 epic skins in a row and it keeps telling me to level her some more...

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Man, will they just add Blackthorne already? He'd be so cool with the over the shoulder shotgun blasts, maybe make it so that he walks slowly but his "mount" is to put away his gun and be able to run.

Is it my imagination, or does every game have Nazeebo in it? He seems to always be there either on my team or the other team. I don't hate him or anything so it's not like I'm noticing him more because I don't like him, he's just always there. Is he maybe an easy character to balance QM games around or something?

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 8, 2018

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

little munchkin posted:

you take bribe because it lets you clear a camp in 0 seconds instead of however long it normally takes you. also since murky doesn't care about getting ganked it lets you steal enemy camps

Yeah I always take bribe and prioritize the camps on their side by jungling past them in unguarded moments, you have to be careful that they don't gank you just after you bribed the camp though.

With some practice it isn't hard to get the puffer to kill the minions, just slime them first before you drop the fish on the wave, then slime them all again just before it blows. If you've got enemy heroes trying to kill the fish just stand on it and bubble out if they try to really get you. On the early waves you should try to whack each of the minions with a basic attack before the fish blows but this gets easier later on.

I love taking the talent that gives you armor with successive basic attacks. It really fucks over melee assassins and warriors since they usually don't expect it, they keep hitting you and at first your health goes down faster than theirs because they think you're a trivial hero to take down, but as the armor builds up their attacks do less and less damage as your attacks do more damage from successive slimings. Once they realize what's happening it's usually too late and they're slowed from the slime. If it doesn't work you can always bubble out and try again with their health cut in half, or octo+fish them. Murky owns.

Another Murk strategy I love: bribing the ogre camps or bringing a catapult, and then do octo+fish within their range.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 9, 2018

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Please don't give Murky tips in this topic as he is a horrible, obnoxious character tia.

Murky is really easy to shut down in the early game if you just kill his fish over and over (no bribe stacks) and stay just outside of slime range, hit him a few times so he bubbles, then burst him down.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

Kill the pufferfish, always. Some heroes are kind of crap at this, for example Azmodan doesn't seem very able to do so, but Kerrigan can do it trivially. Dehaka can do it with dark swarm but if Murky waits until it's on cooldown he can get it off, etc. Basically having someone in Murky's lane that can quickly kill the fish and not get bullied by Murky doing dumb Murky things invalidates a lot of his early game usefulness. Characters like Thrall, Nazeebo, Ragnaros, Sonya, Artanis, etc. work well against him. So do assassins like Greymane and Kerrigan but you probably want them roaming and not stuck in lane. Sylvanas and Sgt. Hammer can solo lane against him as well and there isn't much he can do about it, even if these characters might otherwise not be ideal solo laners.

Bad heroes to lane against Murky are heroes with low damage and poor waveclear, which is usually tanks. Every now and then I get a Diablo try to lane against me and all I do is farm slime stacks off him and chunk him down.

In teamfights pre 10 Murky has two cooldowns to worry about, the fish and the bubble. Are those both on CD? Great, unless you're in imminent danger of dying to a slime then you probably want to focus down any other hero that's low first. I mean kill Murky if it's quick and simple sure, but don't ignore a low health full XP hero to go chase the murloc.

Be conscientious about taking mercenary camps, especially if Murky took bribe. Grab your own camps on a regular basis, don't let yourself be out-pressured.

You should also just try to find his egg, most people don't make an effort to do this. Kill him and see where he comes from, most of the time his egg will be placed conservatively next to a fort, I think Medivh can in some cases portal to his egg if he scouts it but I'm not sure about that since I don't play Medivh. Sometimes though the egg will be placed in some clever place like in some bush nobody ever checks or behind a hedge on the dragon map, destroy it when he's in a position in which you can kill him right after.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Anyone got Vikings tips? I've been getting my first QP wins with them. I pick talents for bribing and empowering mercs, spin to win, jump and longboat. The bribes seem to come very slowly though. At around level 10 I basically just team them up to take down merc camps constantly and occasionally gank someone and stop split pushing, since managing individual vikings tends to be so confusing that it's not really viable to do it mid-combat. Is this how you're supposed to do it, or should I really master managing each viking during team fights?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Finally got the best skin/mount combo. Too bad the pink pig's no longer for sale though.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Never played Starcraft but that hero looks a little boring. Man, give us Blackthorne or Varimathras already.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Been playing some more Vikings in QP. Thanks for whoever recommended play again instead of longboat, it's a great heroic. It's fun to play vikings like murky, stacking up on regen globes early in the game so your passive regen goes through the roof, and then in the late game let enemies waste their abilities on you, jump and run off so they will have accomplished nothing while you demolish their structures and minion waves.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Star posted:

The more I play the more skeptical I get towards icy veins’ builds. Most of the time they just feel off and sub-optimal.

The only important thing I think is to know which talent works well with which. For example, if you picked a talent that gives you a stun, another talent that raises your damage on stunned guys is going to be a good match. The talent trees feel more like they're made of segments like that that you can combine at will rather than single optimal full trees. I just use them when I'm starting out with a hero and then just pick whatever feels right to me.

Like, Icyveins doesn't recommend missile build for Liming anymore, but that's easily my favorite build because of the single target damage mechanic and the somewhat unreliable nature of the orb and the danger of the teleport build. Icyveins says you shouldn't pick tufferfish for murky, but sometimes you need a little bit of survivability on your fish if your enemies have too much AOE or something. For tracer it doesn't recommend the manual reload talent but that talent kicks rear end if you master it and lets you destroy everything.

There's probably statistically optimal builds for high level competitive play but who cares unless you're doing that.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Vegan Butcher skin

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The game really wants me to play Morales for some reason. I keep getting play a starcraft hero/play a support quest combos which only leaves Morales in my roster. I don't even like Morales but I have her on lvl7 just because of all the quests that call for her.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Oh come on

I'm not playing loving Morales again, game. I think I'll try UR or just grind out a bunch of games with other heroes so whatever algorithm they use gets the message.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Moths are flying out of my gold wallet, I need to complete a few more quests to be able to afford him. Better use Morales to complete these quests quickly.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

kater posted:

Someone tell me about Murky. Is he a good boy? Why should I pick the armor talent? Whats your favorite way to say Big Kahuna in a wacky surfer voice? How much do you love slime?

Pick the armor talent cause it lets you win slap fights with low damage heroes and the bubble talent if theyve got a lot of kiters and stuff. The most important thing as murky is to land your fish well in the laning phase and build up bribe stacks. The fish should get the last hit so it's better to slime the entire wave -> plant fish -> hit every minion once with a melee attack and slime the whole wave just before fish explodes. You can't always do this because you'll have people in lane with you, but remember that you can bubble and have high health regen, so just make them waste their time on you.

You shouldn't actually die if you can help it, but it's acceptable to do kamikaze attacks if it really helps, for example, keeping enemies distracted from an objective, or blowing up the last bits of a fort or something.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I never pick march of the murlocs because the stun is just so useful and you can pretty much guaranteed finish someone off with it.

I was just in a game with a guy who was level 1920. How the gently caress does that even happen? They'd need every hero currently on the roster at an average of level 24. Or do you get levels for ranked stuff? They weren't even that good.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 25, 2018

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

When's bribes a trap talent though? The other two choices don't feel useful at all. Fisheye just tells stealthers where to find your egg forcing you to place it conservatively. Egg hunt never really fools anyone and at best applies a single slime , all it does it provide vision of bushes but does that really weigh up against free mercs for half the game?

I can think of a few situations where fisheye is handy, but if the enemy doesn't have stealthers to begin with i don't think egg hunt can ever match fishy deal. Fishtank is usually better than rejuvenating bubble though yeah, if you can use it well.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 25, 2018

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I'm still rocking Shades Tychus as my portrait and Thumbs Up as my tag.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I love launching an exploding Dva mech into a full zerg wave on Braxis.

What Dva build do people pick? I have her on level 17 now. I used to go for a build where defense matrix charges self destruct, and basic attacks charge defense matrix, with bunny hop as the heroic, but I usually find defense matrix too finicky to be too useful and most good players immediately stop attacking as soon as they're in it. Nowadays I go for pilot build, dashing around and shooting people in the face when they don't expect it at all is fun. What I like about her is that she always feels at least minimally useful in any situation, there's always some quick dash move you can do to peel someone off, or pop a defense matrix against a butcher charge or self destruct on top of an objective to zone away the enemy team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

Hit the Nitrous used to be uncontested at level 1, but since it got nerfed and Rushdown got buffed Rushdown is generally what I go to for quick rotations. At 4 I usually grab Bring it On for quicker self-destruct charge, then at 7 I default to Dazer Zone because most of her level 7 talents are pretty uninspiring. These days with all the dive and long range poke going on I don't usually want to hang around as pilot D.Va more than I have to so I like going for Bunny Hop...it's not an engagement ult, it's an ult that works great after the engagement because it helps lock down people trying to run and the unstoppable means you're immune to being peeled. At 13 I'll go for Emergency Shielding or Ablative Armor depending on if the other team has heavy burst or DoT, then at 16 I generally pick up Torpedo Dash for some extra survivability (Grubby always goes Nanoweave Suit but I find I still get burst down quick, Nanoweave is probably better if you're going for a Big Shot build since it lets you get some shots off easier), and then MEKAfall at 20.

Yeah I always pick Hit the Nitrous because I heard it's supposed to be the best, I'll give Rushdown a try, I do like to use the boost for quick pokes and waveclear though.

When I pick bunny hop i tend to save it for escapes.