Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I don't know who Imperius is but I didn't know who Yrel was either and I play her all the time now.

I basically don't care about who any of these people "are", I care about what they do in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

That looks pretty cool

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Her trait should be about her hat somehow.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Uther has something the other supports dont though, an incredible lumberjack skin.

Not complete unless you also have a pig mount.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

No one ever clears creep, only me. Hoovering up tumors shuts her down a lot but idiots ignore creep's presence

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Teach me how to Leoric, I'm level 6 with him, I'm mainly having trouble deciding when and how to wraithwalk, do I use it as soon as my team starts taking damage to absorb it? It's sometimes hard to do without dying needlessly.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I kicked rear end as Fenix the other day, with 4 friends on my team versus another team of 5, double the siege damage and hero damage from the next guy and something like 15 kills. At one point I got a 4-man multikill by warping into the other team, slowing them with the rotator and then tagging them with the purifier. Fenix owns and he's so easy to get good plays out of.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Calling it now: he'll have a christmas tree skin with lights and stuff

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

The Butcher!

Im still waiting for a vegetarian skin for him, too. "FRESH BEETS!"

Holding a carrot and a bunch of references to soy and chia

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Put some pants on that thing

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

So apparently I'm really bad at Zeratul. Getting a bunch of games against the Butcher sure didn't help. It doesn't seem like you get enough damage for all the hassle of playing him unless the other team groups up; I'd much rather run Greymane or even Valeera.

I'm looking at buying a support next, Deckard or Stukov. I think Deckard is better and easier to play, but I'm way more likely to be able to pick Stukov. Thoughts?

Zeratul is the most miserable hero to learn how to play, I hated grinding him to 5 and will probably not play him again for a long rear end time

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I'm not even a good kind of wood. I'm like, poplar league.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

the yellow dart posted:

Cassia puts out dumb amounts of damage right now. Even though it was a losing effort due to a sylv that quit right after the first chest drop on BHB, I accounted for 72% of my team's total damage and 6 out of its 7 (I know, I know) total kills. It was a bad game the other team entirely dominated but watching our team flail while I was still killing the poo poo out of people felt good.

The next game I had a semi-competent team and we dominated the poo poo out of the other guys and it felt better.

What happens if you build an entire comp around Cassia, like with all the heroes that give blinding effects, Johanna, Lili and I don't remember who else.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I pick Fenix whenever I feel like winning the game

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I hated playing Zeratul the most so I'm going to say he's the hardest. I don't find TLV and Aba very difficult, but you have to get used to playing in a different way.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The most satisfying ones are Li Ming's mirrorball plus the missile bonus, they make such a satisfying sound when they all hit and a full mirrorball hit can simply wipe some heroes from 100 to 0 at once, and Murky's fish+tentacle combo.

Whitemane's crucifix attack feels a bit underwhelming, like it doesn't really do anything much, which is why you get to spam it I guess.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

He's just an older hero without many of the kinetic and stun moves that newer heroes have, and his warp-back-to-his-sword move should probably have some kind of displacement.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

So until when is this halloween event? I'm sitting on a bunch of shards and want to buy skins I want just before it ends. I think I'll get countess Kerrigan and the Maiev skin.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

kaesarsosei posted:

I asked the question about best map earlier, and I think my favourite is probably Sky Temple. Or Cursed Hollow. But I don't mind any of them, I even wish I could get a go on Haunted Mines - I've played probably 100 matches since I came back 3 weeks ago and haven't seen it, Braxis or the one with the Angel/Demon fighting in the middle once.

BoE and Sky Temple are my favorites, I actually kinda enjoy Braxis usually.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

BrianBoitano posted:

Per a reddit dude, how to reduce input lag:

They provide links to support their recommendations, as well as links to tools that can help too.

Oh hey this sounds like it might solve some of my lovely lag problems, I'll give it a try.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Paranoid Peanut posted:

meat wagon mount?

wut?

Meat wagon hero

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I turned two games around as Fenix today, it's so cool when you finally get his Q stacked up and just shred people apart even when they're 2 levels ahead. On towers of doom we were down to something like 7 health while they had 21, my team kind of stunk and our junkrat had disconnected and was an AI, still won in the end. I was just dumb to not pick planet cracker for a change since they had an abathur who kept trying to sneak up on altars, I should've blasted him.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Skyweir posted:

Last hitting is such a lovely mechanic, and mostly an artefact from the original DOTA mod, since that is how things worked in Warcraft 3. The implications of this feature in a team game is what leads to all the stuff I dislike about MOBAs not named HOTS.

So there really is no alternative for those of us that specifically chose HOTS as our game because it did not have items and last hitting.

I can't stand the store in dota, just an overwhelming amount of details which add nothing. What i like most in hots though is the potential for upsets and reversals, it's too bad the game will now die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

People in a game against Zagara who don't clear creep tumors are the absolute worst type of player. Just use your aoe on the center of the big obvious circles, there are so many characters who can easily clear them and it shuts her down but nobody ever seems to do it