Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Just pulled a legendary out of one of my epic chests, Murky Announcer. :whatup:

Going to buy and use Li Li Announcer if I don't pull it from a chest, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Loot chests are fun when it's a rare, two epics and a legendary.

They suck when it's 'as many commons as we can stuff in, btw they're all dupes.'

Spent a few thousand re-rolling poo poo epic chests, but eh, I'm getting way more than I'm losing.

Now time for the veteran chests, which I only got 3 of, not 4, because HotS 2.0 Player Level is way lower than the HotS 1.0 Combined Hero Level. :argh:

I think at this point Starcraft 2 is Blizzard's only game that doesn't have some form of RNG reward system in it. Hearthstone card packs, loot boxes in Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, D3 and WoW are all RNG when it comes to loot...

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I re-rolled a veteran chest because it had two commons and I hoped to get better.

Re-rolled chest had three commons.

:negative:

Minrad posted:

They're coming with the War Chests update, which is supposed to be Soon. It's gonna use a Dota International Compendium style system, I believe. Most likely there will be unlockable skins for every race variant of every unit and building, like Purifier/Tal'Darim Protoss, Primal Zerg, etc etc.

I didn't even know there was an update in the works for SC2. Granted I never played it that much (don't even own the Zerg and Protoss expacs).

I don't know poo poo about Dota though other than every time I try to watch it my eyes glaze over. Is it going to be loot box esque? Just keep playing matches and eventually you'll get a few random unit skins?

edit: Those air horns when you open a legendary could not be more appropriate cause I just pulled Azmodunk. :dance:

Raised By Birds fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 25, 2017

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Is there a spergy calculator or guide for what loot boxes to re-roll?

There's a shorthand guide in the OP.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Buy your megabundle before you open your chests, so you get shards for any duplicate heroes you get.

I remembered this after I had opened a few epic chests. Fortunately I didn't suffer for it. The Zul'jin I ended up pulling was a dupe because of it, and dupe legendary heroes are worth 400 CreditsCoinsShards.

Also unless I'm missing something they also imported Overwatch's "no, you can't just buy the specific skin you want with cash, you have to keep opening boxes until you either get it or get enough shards to buy it" deal. Which is probably my least favorite aspect of OW's loot system.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm really shocked at how generous Blizzard was to veterans, I got so much stuff from all my chests. I guess now I get to be the fancy sparkly player that entices all the newbies to spend money on the game.

A hypothetical map veto would probably work the same way it does in Rocket League: you only get to veto at most a few maps.

Yeah opening all my chests today was fun. Getting so many skins and mounts that I'd probably never had spent cash to get before.

As for map vetoes, if they did it it would probably be like battlegrounds in WoW: before queuing you can open up a map list and mark 2 (I think it's still 2) as do not want.

E: beaten

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
It's pretty funny to watch Chu8's stream tonight. He's one of the 'coaches' in the Tryhard for Good thing Blizzard is doing.

Funny as in hearing the raunchy/vulgar donation messages with SPONSORED BY BLIZZARD at the bottom of the screen. :v:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Tsurupettan posted:

also i got a spray of lili sipping tea like the kermit meme.

I love that spray. :3: I was so disappointed that I got nothing Li Li related out of the chest pile on tuesday, but I did end up with almost 1600 shards by the end so I could buy them. Li Li announcer, Li Li spray, Li Li emoji set.

Sassiest panda best panda.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I got the Murky announcer as part of my boxstorm when 2.0 launched.

Immediately shelved it in favor of Li Li.

Sassy panda best panda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Had quite a few games of my nexus challenge run where our team had 1 support (often me), and the other team had 2.

Those tended to be hard matchups.

Should probably point out those 15ish games I did for the challenge were the first QMs I had ever done. I tried to do well, but sometimes it just felt like we were outmatched way too hard (or maybe just I was :ohdear:).

The best game out of the whole run though was a Haunted Mines match. We were on the backfoot the whole drat game, down a few levels, and the enemy team had just taken out our keeps and sent so many mercs and poo poo down the lanes that we were forced to clean the base instead of heading right to the mines. Thing is though, their bottom keep was down.
While they were collecting 100 Skulls, we bumrushed their core and snagged the win. :buddy:

p.s. I hate Butcher now.