Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

BrianBoitano posted:

Also :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: buy the bundle BEFORE you open chests! That way, when you open chests, you get shards for duplicates. If you open chests first and get something in your bundle, tough poo poo :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

But if you open all your chests and get a bunch of heroes, then you can more appropriately get the bundle with the most heroes you don't have. I guess it depends on how many heroes you currently own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It's all your individual hero levels combined.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Gustav posted:

Remember how garbage infernal shrines was before people learned to bait the punisher? Now it's one of my favorite maps.

Shrines was garbage because it only took 30 minions to clear the Shrine, and they didn't scale health over time, and the Punisher had too much HP, and leaped to a random hero instead of the closest one. And Arcane Punisher lazers did super ridiculous amounts of damage.

Then they changed all that and Shrines suddenly wasn't garbage. Amazing how that works.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

I'm fairly new to this game (I played it a day or two like a year ago) and am both very new to and very bad at MOBAs. Is the versatile mega chest the best one for me to get? Keep in mind the following.

1. I am very new
2. I am very bad
3. I 'm a giant nerd who prefers to play characters from games I know, so like the WoW and Starcraft casts.

If there are a bunch of characters you know you want to get, get that bundle.

Otherwise, go here and put in the heroes you own (remember that some heroes are on free week rotation and you don't actually own them): http://gibraltargamers.com/hots-calculator/

And pick the one that is the most gold value.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
That's a way better team comp than 5 squishy assasins with no sustain vs 4 assassins (two of which have sustain) and a Varian.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

GenericOverusedName posted:

I'm still debating whether or not to take fishy deal with murky there, it seems really good to snipe the solo dude camp and grab that team heal.

The only reason you should ever NOT take Fishy deal is if they have stealth AND you think you'll be able to use the egg to reveal it (so fights over a stationary objective). It doesn't even matter what the mercs are on the map or how many lanes or whether you think your puffer will be contested in lane. If you don't need to reveal stealth there is no reason not to take fishy deal.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Egg Hunt would be ok if dropping an egg were like practically instant. Occasionally I take it just to troll on Battlefield and circle the immortal with them, but honestly it doesn't really do much.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Cuntellectual posted:

People really seem to like Shingan for Genji but I just don't see it. You need to be eating someone's taint to actually hit with all three.

It helps if they have fatty tanks on the other team. Or just if you are going full Q build, well, you have 5 charges of them so if you hit any of them it's a bonus. It also works on bosses and stuff.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It should just be more like the Hanamura brawl. Two or three shrines that activate different payload routes. One shrine at a time goes live. First team to activate it push the payload, it's on a timer. If they can't push it in time the other team gets the shot. It would be better than the brawl because there would be no ridiculous 8 second respawns, so getting kills would vastly help you push/defend and not make the game last forever. Maybe after a few singles multiple shrines could go live, really depends on how long the timers are and how many core shots you allow for. I would also consider giving the team that activates the shrine the choice to attack/defend, but I'm not really sure why you would pick defend. Maybe if you had a global or a split pusher who was near the shrine, and there was a teamfight going on far away, you would activate and pick D, because you probably can't push it yourself all the way, but on D the other team has to come, and has already wasted the first ~30s getting there.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 14:25 on May 8, 2017

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Still want Sgt. Hammer skin that is just her walking around the battlefield with a Bazooka. Siege is she sets it on the ground like a mortar launcher. W is she swings the Bazooka, Z is she jumps on it and rockets away.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Dietrich posted:

You can have it add 33% of the reflected attack's damage but i have no idea what that would work out to be.

Yeah when you get this talent you can really poo poo on unsuspecting people on Shrines by walking through the Arcane Golem's lasers.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Tomb is the best map. Nice compact size and still 3 lanes, simple objective, lots of teamfights, epic throw pit.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Airspace posted:

I like Blackheart's Bay.

I mean it's a bad map, but pirates!

Blackhearts could be good. Just cut it down to Tomb size.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I heard that gem hero prices, unlike gold, drop when heroes go on a cash sale, so if that's true I would wait for that and buy the next hero you like that goes on sale.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Tyrande's damage on the PTR is scary even solo, except being a support she also can ampify everybody else's damage too.

I played a game as Hammer where I had 105,000 damage at the end of the game, and the enemy Tyrande had 110,000 damage...

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Playing this Nova brawl for the first time... I get why it has to be on Towers of Doom but it really needs to be on the one lane aram map.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Poultron posted:

I still have no idea at all why they can't just list the number straight up, there's WAY more than enough room

At the least if they are going to limit the number shown, they should show the *first* digit. 0 for anything under 100, the 1, 2, 3. If a guy is a "5" that means he's level 500 something, who cares about the exact amount. If you're over 1000 the game makes you uninstall and take a break.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Rygar201 posted:

I thought Big Tuna Kahuna was the clear 20 choice?

Making Inky is really good if the opponent doesn't have the kind of comp that can just instantly blow you up, you can literally poo poo out damage. But Big Tuna Kahuna is what I go with most of the time because gently caress YOU VALEERA (or insert any other hero here) NOW YOU CAN'T JUST ONE SHOT ME, AND IT'S loving ON NOW, LET'S GO.

Pre-20 Murky is like "ok I can be annoying"

Big Tuna Kahuna is like

Elysium fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 19, 2017

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Oh Snapple! posted:

I made the mistake of looking at reddit and of course the thread there about this very thing is full of people bitching about other people wanting handouts.

Except for level 1-2 characters it takes 3 normal games or more to earn a loot box so I don't really see what the problem is. Plus you can level chars in the brawl now.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
So Hanamura: at the QM, low/mid ranked level, if you knock down both of their forts and keep them from knocking down your forts, you are going to win the game. You don't really need to defend them pushing payloads, I mean, you should put in a token effort, but don't get wiped for it or lose a bunch of soak. Try to defend the payload as it crosses the lane so you get XP. They are gonna get it eventually. You don't need to be in a hurry to push your payload, you're gonna get them eventually, and they'll be worth more shots (with both forts that's almost HALF as many payloads you need to push). The camps give a shitload of XP, so if you can bribe or otherwise quickly do the camps, you don't even really need to soak both lanes.

Just commit to pushing the forts, you don't have to 5 man a single lane, but splitting up over and over again to try to get picks, defend payloads, push payloads, rotate lanes, etc, is all a waste of time. If you get the forts down you win (assuming the other team isn't capable of just wiping you over and over). Obviously if you can get a keep that's super awesome with the sappers that spawn after.

Have had a lot of teammates recently angry about people not pushing payloads or defending with their lives or whatever. None of that poo poo matters unless they are going to win with the next payload or boss.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I'm a big fan of attacking the tank (note, I didn't say worthlessly blowing all your cooldowns and mana on the tank). If you kill the Tank you cripple the rest of the team's ability to fight. So if the enemy tank is just going to put himself out there to be killed, and your team can simply safe focus him (rather than trying to force something by him to get at their backline) then go for it. The problem is when people *don't* attack the tank and just let him stomp around CCing people and loving you up because "DON'T FOCUS THE TANK!"

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
If you just Flamestrike them all when they are all grouped up and Butcher Lambed you kill them all AND you live because you are half a screen away.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Hotslogs sample sizes are plenty large enough to reliably represent the population (select multiple weeks for lesser picked heroes and talents), though there is likely some skew from self selection bias based on the type of player/level of player that uploads games, but it helps that all 10 people in the game get included when just one player uploads.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
So in a team fight it's like impossible to tell what Maltheal is doing to you. You just see him moving around and oh poo poo I just lost a bunch of life, ok there goes the other 40% at once, oh now I'm dead. Did he ever touch me? Well he must have...

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Let's not rip on Lava Wave too much without remembering it's true form, Release Lava Wave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNCmF-jgh4c

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Genji is getting picked in like every single game of the HGC, that seems kind of interesting to me as I've never seen anyone regard him as more than a mid tier character.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I really don't like the term "backdooring." Sneaking in as Abathur or Zagara or Medivacing in and destroying the core is backdooring. Walking in through the front and killing the core is... frontdooring.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
We don't need anymore sprays because we already reached peak spray with animated thumbs up.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Need to see some Medivh teleport Stukov in, shove across the map into your own fort, TP out action.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Massive Shove: everything we dreamed it could be.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I think I might have completely missed the part where they showed his other ult while I was posting about Shove, he swings his arm or something?

Wait, who am I kidding, Stukov doesn't have 2 ults.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
:siren: Massive Shove cooldown is 20s :siren:

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
You know what's annoying as gently caress, Stukov dropping his lurking arm on Chromie's temporal loop spot.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Donnerberg posted:

That's right. They want you to play 3 games before you have enough game currency to unlock a hero.

edit. I forgot that I had already complained about this in this thread. Will spare you reading it again.

It encourages people to actually play other heroes in the PTR. It would literally never work if every single person only loaded up the PTR to try out the new hero.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Donnerberg posted:

They're not testing for balance on PTR, and they don't need the matches to reflect live.

First you need to have matches. No one wants 5000s queues.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
The thing about Hanamura is I think it potentially could be a good map if they radically changed the payloads to an attack/defend single payload objective like the one Brawl. Mines and BHB, on the other hand, cannot be saved, and should just be scrapped entirely.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

No Wave posted:

Are we even missing any significant non-Warcraft characters?

Depends on what you mean by significant. I personally do not care about "lore" at all. I still want to see every single starcraft unit in the game as a playable character, whether or not they have a named unit with backstory.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

What they should have done with Probius was have him transform into either an SCV, Probe, or Drone based on the level 1 talent, and then have totally different talent trees from there out.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I couldn't' tell from the video (no sound), is Eye of Horus a skillshot or point and click? What's the travel time if you are shooting all the way across the map?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
First PTR game, Genji, Ana, Uther.

Team does NOT go with the Invulerable Insano Dragon Blade. Really people? Really?

0/2 on Anas that will go nanoboost

Elysium fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 18, 2017