Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I got like 3 legendary skins I would have bought if they weren't expensive (terran Muradin, xenomorph Diablo, etc) and I got Genji for free, so I'm content with my pack haul.

Somehow wound up with barely any sprays or banners

Any complaint about getting D.va vs. Deathwing is null because we get a po po Dva skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I know there's not much HGC posting/interest in here, but they announced that they are finally changing one of the biggest issues with the league: all games will now be played on the current live patch

Much better considering they were playing on two major patches ago still

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Ciaphas posted:

When do you all prefer Gul'dan's Q build over E? E just generally seems safer and more effective in the long run, long as you get it stacked up in a reasonable timeframe. Chat suggested the spell armor was as good a reason for Q build as any?

I prefer Q in pretty much all situations now, and I rarely see E build run at all. I guess if you are petrified about getting into range with Q then E build is good, but Q just seems like far more consistent and easy to hit damage, and decently survivable when you get the spell armor at 13.

bamhand posted:

Doublecross is an 83% pick rate. You can usually assume people (i.e. the pros) have figured this stuff out when the pick rate is that high.

https://www.hotslogs.com/Sitewide/HeroDetails?Hero=Alarak

It's considered so much of a must-pick that it is getting baked into his base kit when his update/rework comes (which along with Morales should be pretty soon)

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Kai Tave posted:

Is there any place to read more info on these reworks? It's actually one of the more interesting bits of HotS to me how Blizzard will occasionally go back and do more than just nerf/buff a hero but make significant changes to talents, traits, and playstyle.

I think that's pretty much all they've said on the subject of those two, just mentioned that those two are receiving work during the past couple Q&As.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Gul'dan will never be in the game, there is a Gul'dan skin for Azmodan

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
This event makes the game unplayable

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Tassadar's most recent nerf was huge, I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see him that much anymore in pro games, which was the main reason he was constantly getting nerfed

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Good patch except for the Li Li changes. Not a fan of savaging the hero that much when there are so many other problems with the hero. Lucio changes are a pretty big nerf but I think he's still got so much utility that he'll still be OK

Surprised they came up with two new heroics for Dva, figured it would just be destruct as the heroic. The shot seems really good but I hope Bunny Hop is viable so its seen in pro games :3

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Ok watching Alarak streams and this is completely insane now. I hope they don't nerf him too much because I like the idea of a hyper carry damage in the game

Edit: Mewnfarez is in a game where he is auto attacking for 500 and his Q hits for like 1300 with 156% Sadism

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Hi it's me the Snipe Master Nova who uses her stacks to clear PVE targets now

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Too bad people are still going to pick those talents because they are still really good combined with the OP Shield Wall

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

lordfrikk posted:

Is Alarak's new Negatively Charged talent really infinitely stackable? Seems broken to me unless I'm missing something.

It stacks up to 1337 times, which of course you will never ever even come close to anything like that. Keep in mind it's also only the middle portion that it gains from and increases (so between the target and you).

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

1stGear posted:

First complaint with d.Va: her portrait in the Hero Select screen makes her look derpy.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Really recommending this. McIntyre is a good player and he usually has a couple meta builds for most heroes depending on the situation, and he keeps it updated

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Report Gazlowe for going to Snowfall Graveyard

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

SirSamVimes posted:

Stitches would be 100% banned on that map.

In part due to him hooking Drek'thar out of the base and resetting him

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
For those looking on more opinions on meta builds, TSpsalm has released a pretty good library of info https://docs.google.com/document/d/169EApZPvKE38FIsaSJZsPCf9HK3CmvHTBCHwBVys4_k/preview#heading=h.acy7hum36fw9

edit: also reposting Mcintyre's since he also has a good resource https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tuaW9f-m7x-ukrWvgy2REb-3xnGfZ4bM0K0_4toTyPA/preview

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 30, 2017

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20749068/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-may-31-2017-5-31-2017

I love how they keep nerfing Rag every patch

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The launcher now has an image of 3 candles lit in a stone room. It's either Deckard Cain or a kobold

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Semper Fudge posted:

Uhhh I think they might be teasing Deckard Cain as the next hero you guys.

Edit: Welp, didn't see I was late.

It's just going to be Deathwing again

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Looks like Thrall changes are incoming with the patch/PTR

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Spudd posted:

Yeah nah I'll wait for official release of his talents, people are really bad at game mechanics and coming up with ideas on how Kel'thuzad would work.

Destructoid articles have been the talent reveals for the last like 4 or 5 heroes, I'd say this one is probably true!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Spudd posted:

I'll still wait, the fact that there is another mortal strike effect in there screams to me that it's not 100% on the ball, especially at level 7.

It's an activatable and only 6 levels lower than someone with a with a low cooldown mortal strike

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Theres a spray of Chromie in a bikini

the game is complete

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Big ups to Blizzard Entertainment for confirming that Tychus Findlay has a big ding dong

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Not sure I like some of these later Thrall talents, but we shall see!

I love that they still didn't replace Ice Block on Malf with a more lore appropriate version, like bark or roots or something

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

GenericOverusedName posted:

Does he still have a starcrafty scout drone

I haven't played him in a year and a half, he's just so dull to me.

He does.

I have no idea why they got rid of Cleanse on him, that seems quite petty in terms of just removing the hero from competitive play rather than balance, which results in more work for them down the road. They also kept a ton of his generic talents (drone, ice block, shrink ray, Rewind, Storm Shield), which is really lovely especially since they made a big deal about removing the generic Bolt of the Storm this patch

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 5, 2017

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Bogart posted:

They did get rid of Malf's MULE, though. :v:

"How dare you!"

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Power Bottom posted:

Thrall trip report:
Maelstrom Weapon is so insanely powerful holy poo poo. I think going Full Windfury after 7 (including Thrall's new Windfury Bolt) will probably be The New Meta for Thrall - it's so easy to get 100+ bonus damage by Level 13. The Resilience heal nerf sucks hard, but if you pick up the Double Chain Lightning quest you'll be able to make up the difference in pokes rather easily.

Malthael trip report:
A lot weaker than I expected, but can also do terrifying amounts of work if he's in his element. Will probably be a Meme Machine on Boss Objective maps like Battlefield, Garden, and Dragon Shire.

I really like the idea behind new Thrall and most of his new talents, with the exception of his weird 16 quest. The new Sundering 20 upgrade is cool

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Libertine posted:

That's ridiculous. Cleanse isn't mandatory on anyone. It's an always situational thing based on the number of hard CC on the enemy team and the number of high value low mobility targets on your team. It also generally competes with high value skill improving talents which are foregone in those situations.

I was more referring to the removal of cleanse being petty in terms of a clear move to get him out of competitive popularity as a solo healer. I imagine he'll still be OK in most HL or QM or w/e games without heavy CC, it just seems odd to remove it without really explaining why or getting rid of a lot of his other generics as well. Feels like a half finished rework

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They need to just make Garrosh a legendary skin for Varian honestly

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

McTimmy posted:

Hahaha, eStar drafted Nova.

I really like eStar in this tournament

Give no fucks

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I love the amount of people who try to 1v1 an uncapped Thrall now

Little do they know I hit for 600

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Man, malfurion feels gimp now... His heals and mana efficiency were shot to death. I miss old malf.

Finally we are back to 3 great supports, 4 was too much choice

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 15, 2017

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Fair enough, that'll get me started in one direction at least.

I usually go for either of the two lightning quest talents at 1 (minion one if I am solo laning all the time, Crash Lightning if I am confident I will be skirmishing enough to progress the quest), Mana Tide at 4 pretty much eliminates your mana issues, Windfury quest at 7 is shockingly easy to complete. 10/13 are flex depended on enemies, and at 16 I usually take the triple windfury strike (it also has the benefit of making you gain stacks very quickly since each hit counts for your quest). At 20 I like his unique bolt. I've gotten the Windfury quest stacked pretty insanely high each time I've played him, I wouldn't be totally shocked if they reduced the amount of damage you get per hit at some point.

I imagine the whole Lightning charges and followthrough might still be decent, but I really don't think it can compete with the Windfury build right now

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Toshimo posted:

The 64 games so far in the Midseason Brawl. I hear those guys are pretty good.

I promise you that when they move to the Malth patch you would not be seeing Malfurion nearly as much in competitive

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Cuntellectual posted:

This might be a weird question, but does Malthael have a silence? I played a game as him and got the 'Silencer' award at the end and I have no idea how. Is it... A joke about how he was known as the 'silent angel' in the backstory...?

It's a bug. I got 30 seconds of silence on a Thrall earlier

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
There are a lot of really overpowered heroes right now, hopefully there is a big balance patch coming

Especially Malthael, Uther, Genji, Anub'arak

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 27, 2017

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

wiegieman posted:

What exactly can they take away from Anub without completely destroying the whole concept behind him, which is two kinds of stuns? Two kinds of hard CC will always be good.

The insane range on Cocoon, and the CD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Stukov ultimate #1: Stukov can infest a minion to bring it under his control. 4 charges, 45 second cooldown.