Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So as a brand new player, are there "builds" that are the best for certain characters? or can you just build them situationally without completely gimping yourself.

I've been playing around with Support characters so far and I just want to make sure I'm not picking stupid talents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Primetime posted:

Depends on the character in a lot of cases. I know hotslogs gets mixed reviews but it shows winrate and pickrate by talent which is a decent guideline for "best builds". Once you learn the characters and maps better there are definitely situational talents to take (e.g. you may want a spell shield if the enemy team has 3 casters).

General rule of thumb though - just commit to a build in game. If you are buffing a characters Q ability, take the talents that synergize with the Q. It usually not as good to have a bunch of slightly ok talents rather than one really strong ability.

Thought as much.

The pitfalls I've been falling into so far have been with Tassadar and Rehgar are I build them as support but then find my teammates are not killing poo poo fast enough so I start going into their more DPS oriented talents.

Mind you I've only been playing AI games so far but my current interaction with players as a support character have been disparaging.

"There are minions just demoing our base. Stop chasing the heroes into their Towers!"

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

bamhand posted:

If your team is literally walking into towers and dying 4v3 there's nothing you can do to win. Lucio healing is not going to stop a tower from killing your teammates. You're arguing stabbing yourself in the left eye is somehow better than stabbing yourself in the right eye. All the strategies are awful and it's irrelevant what you do.

What if your Left eye is a Lazy eye though?