Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Dragonblade is almost certainly going to get nerfed. It does so much massively more damage than X-Strike, it's easier to hit, it's less mana, kills with it reset Swift Strike....

Apparently Genji is already scoring a winrate above 55% and I'm pretty sure Dragonblade is a big part of it. The rest of his kit is good but not that good (it's comparable to Li-Ming and Tracer).

So they did a very good job of making HOTS genji just like Overwatch genji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

So I've added self-assigning roles to the discord server and region specific LFG rooms to make finding a match easier.

http://tinyurl.com/sagoons

After you join, use
code:
+giveme us
code:
+giveme eu
or
code:
+giveme as
to get your region assigned.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

BrianBoitano posted:

^^^ yes, I did that, but what does it do? Is there a way to message people who are @here and in my region?

Also, a silly thing from Reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6CKWLjYf5w

Yes. For example, go to the #lfg-us room, and use @here. That will notify all the @us players. or you can use @us from the #general room.

GenericOverusedName posted:

So with D.Va's defense matrix. Should you put it over your own teammates, or over the red guys? Or does both work?

the red guys.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Toshimo posted:

Can you turn off @everyone? @here is fine, but @everyone spam is dumb.

No easy way to do that. The @here and @everyone permissions are one in the same. If they split it out I'll lock down the @everyone and only use it for announcements. For now you can disable getting notified on that for the HOTS GOONS server.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

karrethuun posted:

This isn't at all how Genji's deflect works. He is protected from damage and flings a kunai for each damage instance deflected. This is why deflecting fast attacks such as tychus, tracer, tassadar, liming do so much damage. It would do almost nothing deflecting a D.Va ult.

You can have it add 33% of the reflected attack's damage but i have no idea what that would work out to be.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Jinh posted:

When the enemy team is deathballing all game should you spread out to all lanes to soak exp faster or just team fight them back? I disagree with a friend's who says that this is an exclusively team fighting game, I think you should deathball to mid then spread out even if they stick together since lane exp should put pace the deathball. But we're both new and bad so idk which is better.

E: i just personally find the laning phase to be fun too so i could def be wrong

There are so many variables there isn't a great single answer for this question. Worst case scenario, just wipe their minions then rotate to the closest lane and wipe those minions as 4, while one soaks the far lane. As long as they have to tank tower shots to attack your buildings it's alright to leave the lane. Make sure to warn on rotations and have the solo laner play it safe so they don't get ganked. Don't commit to a 4v5 teamfight unless you're a talent tier up and one of their guys is out of position and prime to be blown up.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I've been doing all sorts of crazy poo poo in the HOTSGOONS discord server. We got an indentured newsboy servant, goon authentication, region specific lfg channels, and a pretty chill general chat room. Check it out if you haven't been using it.

https://discord.gg/hprC27v

Dietrich fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 23, 2017

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Ristolaz posted:

Tips for hunting down enemy Abathurs? I've seen him be MVP one too many times because he has 0 deaths.

Look for where his little dudes are coming from. Approach from the jungle so that you don't show up on the mini map. Wait for him to hat something so he's distracted.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Semper Fudge posted:

Man make a god drat Warcraft map already Blizz, seriously what the hell

All the maps that aren't diablo, starcraft, or overwatch are warcraft. (Because warcraft is a super generic fantasy world when it comes down to it, and covers just about every fantasy genre)

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Nephzinho posted:

Staying out of mech = not building your self destruct charge = why are you playing D.Va.

Truth be told without GG WP she doesn't do that good of damage as a pilot. The problem is the other talents on that tier aren't really worth considering in comparison.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Gazlowe announcer best announcer. :colbert:

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Is there a way to set the default announcer for all your heroes? I haven't been able to find it.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Stukov is fun, good.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

BrianBoitano posted:

Wait did they stop Stukov's Lurking Arm from dealing damage to structures? I swear it used to...

With the range upgrade you could basically be Hammer if it did damage to structures. That thing does a lot of damage.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

420 bite butts eryday

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Orb build is fine as long as you didn't like having mana.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Power Hungry is a trap talent on any map where you're away from the lanes for extended periods of time or where teamfights tend to happen further away from the lanes.

Trade Chat Troll posted:

If we're having Li Ming chat until the Portal opens, could somebody give me some Calamity build pointers? :supaburn:

Teleport is a finishing move that is very powerful when the enemy team is grouped up, so think like greymane. As soon as one target is low, teleport in for the kill then teleport to the next lowest target. Very comp dependent build. My default build for Li-Ming is missiles - force armor just so freaking good against most teams.

Dietrich fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 19, 2017

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

That's how it works in overwatch, pretty sure that's how it works in HOTS too.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

MisterZimbu posted:

I hope that if Stukov shoves a target in midair from Garrosh's throw that they get shoved to the moon.

Only if it immediately starts playing Shooting Stars when that happens.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Paranoid Peanut posted:

I dunno... I expect he will be very hard to kill. I am speaking from Murky fish tank experience; armor is just too good.

He would get owned so hard by Malthael's bad ult and any other hero that has a "do x% health damage" skill. He'll be a late draft option for sure.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

But can Stitches eat it?

Yes. It still explodes.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Good news!

His throw is part of his basic kit and throwing an exploding mech requires 0 talents.

Throwing the enemy mech is, throwing your team's mech isn't.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

It would be pretty cool if Alexstrasza's trait was that she had a massive regen and a skill to swap health with any other teammate.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

IMHO the thing about Malth is that he's boarderline OP on several maps like garden and battlefield. In HL and unranked if you're able to draft him for those maps you just gave yourself a significant advantage beyond the fact that he's also a very solid hero against the standard 2 tank comp for those game modes.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Gaz, Naz, Zag, Azmo, Murky is an amazing team.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Ring of frost always felt like more of a pile on CC to me, it's too easy to avoid. Someone get stunned or rooted, use ring of frost to extend the root. I much prefer Water Elemental unless the team already has lots of roots that I can benefit from.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

after my first three vs ai matches i found Lt. Morales to be the one i understood how to actually play the best, but i assume that means i'm doing something horribly wrong

Morales is very straightforward and the only really complex parts of her are knowing when to use safeguard and how to knock enemies into favorable positions with her bomb.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Safeguard is best used right before a heavy spike of damage. If someone gets stunned and is about to be focused, or a big hitting enemy is lining up to do some damage, safeguard. Some characters like Alarak, Jaina, and Kerrigan have specific combos that they're going to try to pound out to do the most damage they can within a second or so - if you can safeguard someone right before or at the beginning of that combo you can turn a pick into a nothingburger.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Radish posted:

Glory be

May the lord open.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Reminder run Tychus or Malthael in QM tonight and laugh at all the people trying Garrosh.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

She's the lifebender. If she doesn't siphon health from enemies to herself and push health from herself to teammates then I'll be very surprised.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

7 more losses later, I think I'm done with this game for awhile. I changed up heroes every match to try and find some good strategy for dealing with Garrosh otehr than just feebly poking at him while no one else focuses him down or he throws our healer into a sharktank,

Play a character with % health damage or giant killer. Malth is especially effective because even if he's wreckingballed he can teleport right back to him. Garrosh hits like a wet noodle and has very low health for a tank. If you bypass his armor and stay out of his pull window, there isn't much to him.

Fuzz posted:

meanwhile in the pub games we did we literally had Novas wandering the map for a full minute doing nothing and not even poking as their Azmo solo pushed two whole lanes on spiders while the rest of us were actually doing quite well, then we lose.

What the hell do you expect solo Nova to do against Azmo? She needed one of you to rotate up to help her pick him. The guy has a massive health pool and a full combo from Nova would have done like 1/3 damage to him. Nova was playing it right by trying to soak the lanes.

Fuzz posted:

The final nail in the coffin was a game where I finally got to play Cho for once and it's a 5 man goon game! Of course let's do a stupid comp with Abathur and oh look, it's loving Braxis, the single worst map to be down 2 whole bodies and hey they have both Garrosh and a Butcher. Great.

Don't 👏 play 👏 map 👏 dependent 👏 gimmick 👏 comps 👏 in 👏 QM.

5 man QM is for pick a balanced comp and stomp because hopefully the other team didn't.

5 man unranked is for draft a gimmick comp, because you'll know the map and which characters to avoid.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

wtf. We had a brawl where all 10 players had a pick between probius, probius, and probius.

Side note, it turns out that you can blow up friendly probius's void zones.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Try playing Chromie and tell me that her abilities are easy to land. Her skill shots are the easiest to juke in the game.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

No Wave posted:

Temporal loop has to be one of the worst heroics in the game. Chromie's heroics are both so bad, I don't think anyone else comes close in terms of not power spiking at 10 (8 in her case I guess).

Temporal loop takes some learning on how to use but it's a get a combo in free card or a secure one kill from the retreating enemy team card depending, it's not bad.

Slowing Sands is straight up OP on many maps and makes her skill shots exceedingly easy to land.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Wave of Force isn't that useful other than to try to boop someone into your team or off the boss circle or mess up their skill shots or knock them away from your squishy/yourself.

Wave of Force with the level 20 upgrade is incredible and sends people all the way across the screen.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

No Wave posted:

Ok I used to hate muradin but I've come around a bit. He's like LiLi, feels terrible when your team is bad but when they aren't incompetent he's quite useful.

Still can't make sense of Tyrande or how some people manage to rack up so much damage with her. Is it just hunter's mark?

The endlessly scaling damage boost quests on several of her talents. An ignored Tyrande is a deadly Tyrande. Her lunar flare can hit like a truck too if you're able to land them consistently with her level 1 talent.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Stukov is game-breakingly good if you can reliably snipe a single enemy with his pustule for those good good 5 second entire team ancestrals.

Just do us all a favor, and if you're playing Stukov, make sure you actually use your AA when it's safe to do so, he's got the 3rd highest baseline dps in the game, and makes bringing bosses, celestials, garden terrors, grave golems and all that other poo poo down much quicker.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Cool animu but what does it all mean basil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

pink flag posted:

Mr. bigglesworth chromie skin, most likely.

Murky skin, and Everytime he dies in that skin it triggers a KT global voice line.