Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
If you get anything higher than the level of the chest (rare out of common) you're +EV. If you get double rares out of a rare you're +EV. This doesn't change if your rare is an actual item or just shards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Between 30 some odd boxes and a thin assassin roster going into today I'm up 8 heroes and the skin I wanted most.

Thanks blizzard. Thizzard.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

It'd be nice if they added a toggle for what kind of party you're looking for when you tick the box. Playing with the mfpt guys is nice but seeing a dozen open groups and not knowing who's looking for draft when you just want a QM is kind of jarring.

Maybe it's on purpose to shame people (me) into drafting?

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Thrall is a heat seeking missile for people that are trying to walk out of a fight. He does the cleanup thing but has the bulk to actually participate in a team fight unlike genji.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

A couple of months back. I think it dropped at the same time as the Arthas rework?

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Given the VA I don't think there's a reason not to build Alarak for Q

E: qm threw chromie into a game vs Chogall, valla, valeera, and the butcher. I was chromie. It felt like being a mouse dropped in a snake pit.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

There's a confirmed pity timer but I havnt seen any hard calculations about it yet outside of "about 20 boxes"

Reddit Q&A link

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

I won on offense with two probiuseses, malfurion, guldan and greymane. Probius pylons will power another players friendly photon cannon.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Just played a QM with abathur, murky, lili, and cho'gall on Infernal Shrines. We won +5 levels. Thanks goons and pro rear end rando lili.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Re: assassin bundle.

It's rarely a bad time to play Nazeebo, and Valla is evergreen good. GulDan and Greymane are both good at what they do.

Honestly just play nazeebo and learn how to spider people. He's good at a lot of things all game long and if a game drags out enough for you to hit 175 stacks of voodoo with the level 20 quest he's an absolute monster.

E: Thrall is in a really good place now and feels real good to play. There was some handwringing over the nerf to his passive heal but it wound up alright. He has a lot of weirdish quests so it might take a couple of games to feel confident on him again but they're fairly easy to figure out how to finish quickly.

thuly fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 23, 2017

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Torrent is his better ult but last rites is cooler

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Convection Kaelthas?

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

No Wave posted:

It was pretty messed up for Tyrande to slaughter a bunch of other night elves just doing their job (it's dramatically worse than murder as we know it because night elves were immortal at the time). That always felt like it was taken a little lightly in WC3... actually I disliked Tyrande a whole lot back then.

It was right after the night elves lost their immortality at Hyjal so it's even more hosed up imo.

:goonsay:

Her wc3 kit was a single target ranged damage+dot, blink, aoe damage, and her ult was Vengeance which creates a pissed off shadow that further raised a ghost army from corpses.

With her wow stuff I expect some kind of stasis ult.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

No Wave posted:

It was right before (happens during wc3 campaign, immortality ends at end of wc3 campaign). Immortality meant not aging or getting sick I think.

:goonsay:

Does the Sentinels campaign from Frozen Throne happen before the battle of Hyjal from base wc3? This is very disturbing.

My sense is that her trait will be blink with level 1 talents for temp stealth/damage/defense on use, and a basic root/slow. Her shtick is hunting people down so maybe some kind of target marking mechanic.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

New Dev update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjsg5jVW7lk&t=2s

Things:

upcoming Medivh rework, Sonya touches, Lunara later this year

Neo Hanamura is a single payload tug of war with an attackable core

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

bamhand posted:

Kerrigan doesn't have any quests right? What other heroes don't have quests?

I just checked the client:

Leoric, Muradin, Garrosh, Medivh, Johanna, Malfurion **And D.Va** only have 1 apiece.

Anub'Arak, Gazlowe, Rexxar only have 1 and it's regen master. Kelthuzad has phylactery.

Artanis, Raynor only have seasoned marksman.

TLV, the Butcher, have their traits but no quest talents.

Non-quest-havers:
Rehgar
Abathur
Tyrael
LiLi
Kerrigan
Sgt Hammer
Nova
Brightwing
Sylvanas
Li Ming
Lunara
Sonya

e: for reference, the 1 talent folks have:

Garrosh: Groundbreaker damage, CDR on completion
Leoric: stacking attack speed on minion/hero kills
Muradin: Storm bolt damage on hero hit
Johanna: Punish slow+
Medivh: Master's Touch
Malfurion: stacking roots treant damage

thuly fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 23, 2018

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

beejay posted:

Her block talent at level 1 does not get used up by fast attacks, for example tracer or tychus, or in the middle of a team fight if a lot of people are attacking her. So she basically has 75% perma-armor in those situations.

https://streamable.com/ag4le

Here's another good one https://www.twitch.tv/videos/236437017?t=01h24m00s

This desperately needs fixed.

Otoh, gently caress genji and gently caress tracer.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

lucifirius posted:

That's gonna be odd.

It works for tracer and genji

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Hanzo is the boy ninja and valeera is the girl ninja and genji is their baby.

Glad to see Zuljin got a buff, even a tiny one :gbsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Queuing solo/duo into QM is reasonable, no way in hell I'd do it in storm league.