Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Anyone got a link for the 4 week event rewards? I only saw the week 4 reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

BrianBoitano posted:

e: ^^^^ /join SAGoons in-game. That's the best way. Sometimes the discord https://www.tinyurl.com/sagoons is a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv2t9lwC7lk
Blizz site seems to be 404 so I hope you can watch youtube where you are.

Also note in the upper-right corner which game logo is showing. Skins are OW-only, but there are some things (portraits, sprays, banners) which are rewards in both games.

Also

Oh drat, 2 OW skins, 3 HotS mounts, and 10$ worth for chests in each game. Nice.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder if any of the trainees are streaming HotS as they learn or whatever. I used to like watching Scarra back in the day :shobon:

This is from a few pages ago, but yes, part of the deal is that that both the trainees and coaches are streaming, and then the trainees will stream when they actually start soloing HL.

That said, I watched Dyrus and the guy Dunktrain was coaching for a bit, and the coaching is pretty chaotic. My only comparison is what Day9 is doing on his channel, where he has a DOTA player giving him weekly lessons. Granted the lessons are designed to not just teach Day9, but everyone watching, so his coach has slides and clips prepared and after a few games, he analyzes the replays.

With this, they are pretty much just duo queuing into unranked and learning as they go, which is fine, but not quite the same.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yorkshire Tea posted:

gently caress the Valeera nerf.

Now I only have one hero that I enjoy playing. Butcher, never change.

Having never played her before and now owning her, what happened?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Played 5 matches in a 5 stack for the nexus challenge. First games in months. Li Ming is a lot of goddamned fun. I'm not sure I "get" Zuljin yet in terms of positioning and such. Played Chromie and Guldan and those were fun too, but I am not very good with them at all. Missing a lot of shots with them.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

In HotS, nothing is ever fine the way it is according to all the patch notes I've seen from Blizzard.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

I still want a Barrens map where the objective is to find Mankrik's wife, but the location isn't indicated on the map so you have to split up and search.

Only if Barrens chat is somehow integrated into the map as well.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Fuzz posted:

Trip report: Thrall still shits damage. :thumbsup:

Is the stun ult still the go to or has that changed since several months ago?

For Malf, Twilight Dream is something I am seeing a lot of. How is it best used?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah Grubby is pretty much the best streamer to watch to learn the game. He is informative, answers tons of questions every stream, has a regular schedule, and has the lowest salt levels. His chat room also has commands for builds for characters, though they are not always up to date, and obviously, looking at a build will not tell you how to use it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Not optimal doesn't mean unusable and unwinnable. Nothing has a 0% win rate that I've ever seen.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

The "9+ slots are confusing!" was just an after the fact justification for being shortsighted and also too cheap to pay for a UI update/more art. I imagine it's just because they couldn't imagine most players would need more than 3 skins per character they liked that would need different sprays/mounts.

If people comment on it they'll probably expand it. Or let people buy more slots with shards/gold.

If history is anything to go by, they will wait a year or two before adding the extra slots.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

They lowered the number of maps for the 2.0 roll out. I guess to help new people ease into the game.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Spudd posted:

Dragon Shire is literally the easiest map to understand I don't know why they took it out, I am looking forward to it coming back.

Yeah the map choices were a bit questionable. If next rotation is the other half, then ho-ho-ho-ly poo poo. Garden and Haunted Mines over and over. I can't wait!

Even worse, they didn't bother spreading map types among the halves. So this half had no turn-in maps (BHB, Tomb) or PVE item drop races (Mines and Garden) or special unit piloting maps (Dragonshire and Garden). I guess Shrines is PVE race, but there are no drops to pay attention to. I think every map with drops is in the other half (BHB, Tomb, Mines, Garden) right? . :psyduck: I've never really played Warhead Junction, so I actually don't really know what category that map falls under.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Fried Watermelon posted:

Janitor Leoric
Skellington Xul

The fact that Janitor Leoric was never made is the greatest tragedy in this game's life so far.

Still waiting for Gundam Johanna.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Elysium posted:

Tomb is the best map. Nice compact size and still 3 lanes, simple objective, lots of teamfights, epic throw pit.

Yeah Tomb is definitely my fav as well. I do really like BHB as well though, mostly because of the central objective point. Battlefield is also fun for the central objective.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

At this point a Naxx map with KT as announcer is just as if not more likely than an actual hero. Especially since I think they mentioned working on an actual Warcraft themed map.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Alterac Valley I can see actually being a thing too.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I didn't hear the actual version of Highway Star until it appeared in Rock Band (or was it Guitar Hero 3?) And even then, it took me a while to realize where I recognized it from.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Kashuno posted:

The more games I've played with decent leorics the more I absolutely love the tomb

Sick entombs are satisfying as gently caress.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Every single hero I have gotten from crates has been a dupe I think. I am up to 4 so far. Feels Good.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah. He's currently Dehaka, Abathur, and Rexxar, according to imdb.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Is dread lord jaina a meme? Also where is this rework info?

Dreadlord Jaina was a fan theory or something aiming to explain her change in personality. People get pushing it to the point that it became a meme on WoW discussion boards. I might be remembering this incorrectly.

Edit: Shouldn't post while groggy, didn't see the post above me with basically the same exact info. :(

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 22, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Is there a list of which older character AI have been updated?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

https://twitter.com/AhliSC2/status/908058830738685952

Edit: The tweet doesn't format well in the app, the list goes on after Garrosh.

Thanks! Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get a majority of the cast updated.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

appropriatemetaphor posted:

counterpoint, ai is such a stomp that it becomes a grind.

I'm hoping the new AI changes this.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Is his twitch name just Dunktrain or is there some other letters in there? Does he stream regularly?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Versus AI seems way more fun these days than in the past. Really looking forward to continued updates.

So I have the HotS Complete app, which has builds available on it (shows win rates and popularity.) I assume these are from hotslogs, since the app also lets you sync to your hotlogs stats. My question is, are these builds optimal, assuming they are from hotlogs or some other similar database? Is there a known source of builds that is clearly worse than the others or are they all generally the same?

Also, trying to get Valeera to lvl 5 and holy poo poo do I not know what I am doing. I guess I will get more comfortable over time, but drat did I feel overwhelmed.

Edit: Mostly talking about big team fights. I felt like I was having an APM issue or something, with regards to finding good targets and actually doing the right attacks on them quickly.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 23, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Thanks for the help dudes. :)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Do you guys make the Diablo team eat alone in the cafeteria? Are their offices in a windowless basement? :smith:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah I remember being kind of impressed by Chu8's replay videos, but I definitely agree you need to be able to stomach his memery. Does he still make those?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

#BringBackDadBodZul

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Is it only the big HGC type stuff? If so, try popping out the player/closing chat and see if it changes anything?

Whatever addon I have installed on chrome completely breaks official HotS chat for me because of their weird Bits integration thing they have, so there is definitely something extra running on their chatrooms.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Star posted:

Quite happy it doesn't, actually. I've had enough of listening to annoying idiots after five seasons of Overwatch competitive.

Same.

Zwiebel posted:

Does Starcraft 2 have voice chat?

I mean, the HL1 engine, which was based on the Quake 1 engine from the mid 90's, was able to have voice com added a few years after release. So if there is a tech limitation, it will be because the SC2 engine might be one of the worst engines created outside of original Minecraft.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Midnightghoul posted:

A lot of these balance changes are actually pretty logical. Azmo and Zagara nerfs are questionable but a lot of people find them very annoying to play against in hero league so I suppose that's why

Grain of salt but current leak for Blizzcon is that Alexstraza (multiclass Assassin/Support), Firebat (Warrior[Bruiser]) and Hanzo (Assassin) all announced, Raynor rework coming with next update

Is that leak from *the* source, or is this someone else? The big list places Alex and Firebat as next anyway so that seems likely, was Hanzo on that list?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I'd imagine proper stats support similar to what Overwatch has is probably a given. An official hotslogs that didn't rely on replays would be best.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

lmfao I have not seen that quote before.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

No Wave posted:

The next year, Widowmaker was released.

Also Tyrande in HotS, with the extra thickness and less clothing. The Blizzard thirst is real.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I assume the panel tonight will be the massive info dump on all of these changes and reworks right?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Midnightghoul posted:

Not a fan of Hanzo so far, but then again who the gently caress likes Hanzo

:smith: Hanzo is fun sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

kurona_bright posted: