Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

There's more above that I didn't bother screenshotting. My god man WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS. It's a goofy rear end random heroes brawl where you get a lootbox no matter if you win or lose. There's no consequence to losing. It's the most casual random bullshit thing to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

So what happened to the maps? The only ones I've played on in 30~ games since HotS 2.0 are Braxis Holdout, Infernal Shrines, Cursed Hollow, Sky Temple Towers of Doom (which I don't like) and Hanamura (:vomit:)

I really miss Warhead Junction and Blackheart's Bay.

They're on a rotation right now for three or four agonizing weeks. And then once that's done, there will be another set of maps rotated in for several weeks. So get used to not having the full roster for a while.

People are getting pretty furious over this and I don't think I've seen a single person say they like the restricted amounts of maps (especially with Hanamura being in the rotation). I wouldn't be surprised if it's quickly sapping the interest of a lot of players that got excited for 2.0. I don't blame them. I desperately do not want to play Braxis Holdout anymore. It's such a snowbally awful map and I hate how the objectives work in that one. The dragon one has a similar gimmick but I actually find that one fun. Braxis Holdout is torture

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh my god. When your bunny hop ult hits an enemy it makes like Mario bouncing on a goomba bloop noises

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Btw, somewhat new to the game, does the PTR work like Overwatch and WoW where nothing you get carries over to live or do you actually get these rewards for these daily quests on your live account?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So as someone who doesn't play RTS games cause they're the worst, what's the deal with Alarak? Is he a villain? Are Artanis and Tassadar good guys and oppose him? Zeratul looks kind of in between? What's their deal. Gimme the lowdown without me having to actually play Starcraft

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Thank you friends

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm so excited that I will be able to buy D.Va outright with the free gems I got when 2.0 came out :shobon: And I'd still have some left over!

Also I'm in the PTR menu right now and I have no idea if the music that's playing is new or not but it is BUMPIN

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So I'm doing these 3 games in AI on the PTR to get the gems to buy D.Va to try her out in an actual game (it's the PTR guys just give her to me), and so I figured I'd gently caress around with Alarak. I've tried him before but I just didn't understand him because I didn't get why his ability to push people away from you was all that useful.

:psyduck:

I figured out BY ACCIDENT how that drat move works. I had no idea you held it down and then moved the cursor in the direction you want it to go. There's a lot of moves in this game where I feel like Blizzard isn't super clear on how they work, and this is totally one of those moves. Even with his description where it says "toward the targeted area" I didn't understand what that mean and thought well I just don't get this ability I guess. I feel like the description could do a better job at explaining how that move works. In any case, that move went from me being like ??? to !!!. I want to try Alarak in a real game later now

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://soundcloud.com/hammehlore/dvabase-pissed-p10-converted

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Airspace posted:

I'll only accept Grommash as a hero or skin idea if he actually has what he used to have in WC2 that got him the name Hellscream to begin with.

That is, a scream from and/or like hell.

I'll only accept Grom if it's not Grom but Garrosh cause Garrosh rules and Grom drools

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Reverse Gazlowe: A little robot and on his back is a giant Gazlowe and if you pick Robo-Goblin he puts on brass knuckles

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

In case anyone was wondering, D.Va now has the best music in the game, sorry for all the other characters that came before her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrQGi-WeNr8

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dankhaka

edit: Azmodank

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I voted for Garden of Terror unironically :colbert:

Battlefield of Eternity sucks

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bolivar posted:

I've got four legendary skins since I started this game, three of which are Mecha skins for heroes that I don't have yet. Not having the heroes is not a big issue, but I don't even like that mecha style :negative:

Is one of them Dehaka? Give me the Dehaka one please

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

As a rule I do not spend real money on this game. I would pay real money to buy Junkrat

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Getting Braxis Hold AND Hanamura on the PTR after waiting in the queue for an eternity is a special kind of hell

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Poultron posted:

the murky announcer is Bad. so is the brightwing announcer. sorry folks.

Poultron posted:

If you play with the D.va announcer you have some of the worst taste known to man, hope this helps.

:wrong:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I said it before: Khadgar announcer pack where he just tells dad jokes all game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Realtalk though I think Medivh's kit is dumb and he's dumb. I hate the portal thing

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Fuzz posted:

Braxis is annoying because if one team gets the early lion's share of the meter on that first zerg rush it really does a loving number on you because there's just an obscene number of zerg and you'll be hard pressed to be higher than 5 or so, so those Ultralisks will just demolish poo poo. Plus the enemy team is all up in your grill since their wave is bullshit, so you can royally get hosed really, really badly if you're even slightly off on the first objective.

Every match I have on that map is essentially decided by the first objective push, for the most part.

Braxis is also snowbally as hell. I hate the way the objectives work too. gently caress that piece of poo poo map and it sucks it's apparently gonna be in the next rotation too.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kashuno posted:

A 5man giant hero that required different people to control different parts would own

Mimiron

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The best character is Gazlowe with buzzsaw hands hth

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'll probably never play them in a real game because they kind of require constant map awareness that I just don't have, but I played The Lost Vikings in a co-op AI match (had some daily quests to fulfill, and they were at level 1 so easy lootbox) and they're actually really fun. Their ability to soak 3 lanes of XP at once is awesome.

That being said, it was AI. It's probably a million times harder to play them against real people. Also, I had a hard time doing their abilities when they opened up, and switching between them all at the same time. I was surprised how much they could do independently though without you focusing on them.

Also tried out some Brightwing. She is also very fun.

I also tried out Sgt Hammer. She is not very fun.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

I left goon chat about an hour after joining it

Mobas are only fun with friends

An IRL friend of mine is super into this game. I enjoy playing it with her but you will not find a more competitive person when playing a multiplayer game in your life. She REALLY tends to lose her temper if things go south too often. So playing with friends isn't too different really :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mind over Matter posted:

D.va not yet live.

:saddowns: :saddowns: :saddowns: :saddowns: :saddowns:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

I hope they eventually add all of them.

Give me Junkrat, Blizz

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I just played with the worst Chen and Leoric players I have ever seen. I couldn't even be mad at them because I was just so in awe that it looped around into being impressive

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Been playing a ton of Murky today. Man is that little dude fun as hell. I Murk, I die, I Murk again! :toot:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Played Murky for about seven hours today. Most players REALLY just don't even attempt to find your egg, even if it's in a spot that's pretty obvious. Only once did I have a Midivh player in one match who consistently found my egg, and we still won that one so it wasn't a big loss.

The Nova who kept killing me over and over and over again on Hanamura made me super salty though :v:

Murky's great though. What a good fish boy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bogart posted:

i know. but i'd rather have peter!probius than nolan!probius

e: When picking Murky, seriously consider his fake egg talent. Lots of heroes will waste time on it when they could be doing meaningful things.

I dunno, I reeeeeeeeeeeally like Bribe.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

So is March of the Murlocs supposed to be good? I've seen people talk about how Octograb got super-nerfed because now you can just kill Murky and end it early which, fair enough, but every single game I've thought to myself "y'know, I'm gonna try March of the Murlocs this time" I've never once come away from it being impressed in the slightest, nor have I ever had a moment where I was like "hell yeah, that March totally turned the fight in our favor, way to go."

I'm bad at the game so of course that's a factor there but nonetheless March comes across like a minor nuisance at best with a long cooldown while I can have Octograb up dang near every fight, and to be honest if I have to trade my life for that of another hero that's a tradeoff that works out in my favor, especially the longer the match goes for when I'm respawning in 6-12 seconds while they're taking a minute.

I can never really do anything with Octograb. I think March of the Murlocs is way better and also just way more fun. When you are doing it in the direction of some structures, the little murlocs will jump on it and attack it and also they wear the same skin as you :3:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

bamhand posted:

The level 20 is bad because you are rooting and stunning yourself for the whole fight. It's much better to have march going and be able to participate in the fight than to have a 4v5 with perma march since the base duration is long enough that the fight should probably be determined anyways by the time it's finished.

Counterpoint: It's more fun and it's hilarious

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

How is Huge Murky not hilarious?

It is but not as hilarious as infinite super tiny Murkys

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:discourse:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:psyduck: I don't know how this happened

It was an absolute stomp. The game only took about 10 minutes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Also I'm glad that the game gives me skin options so that I can make Thrall a good character (his hellhammer skins) and not a lovely character (any of this base, world shaman or earthbreaker skins)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I really need to level up more heroes. Thrall is so close to 5. Dehaka is so close to 10.

But this little fish man. He's just too good. He's just too powerful

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Murky is what's known as a Lane Demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Just fought the most obnoxious comp, in Braxis Holdout (the worst map in the game). They had an Anub'arak, Jaina, Arthas, Chromi and Valeera. So many stuns and slows, we couldn't do poo poo to them. Holy moly.