Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I got some nice stuff I wanted out of chests and then also got a lot of thrall skins. I have so many thrall skins now

Its nice seeing lots more skins in-game now. Before you'd usually see maybe 1 or 2 skins in a match, now almost everyone has one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
It's just as funny to interrupt a genji's voice line by killing him mid-dragonblade activation in hots as it is in overwatch

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I love Tassadar, but I feel bad queuing for QM with him because he's the the equivalent to a healer :(

The new QM rules with sonya/varian/tass/tyrande are really bad and I wish they'd revert them because it was more fun having sonya vs a tank then sonya vs an assassin.

Varian counting as an assassin is real dumb because they almost always go tank build when that happens and there's very little you can do about it.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Gustav posted:

Heroes like Varian just fundamentally poo poo all over all the QM matchmaking rules. Even if they only allowed Varian vs Varian mirrors you'd still have the same problem every time one of them specs Taunt and the other doesn't.

It kind of sucks because there isn't really a great solution for QM matchmaking rules just because QM is always going to be a crapshot. Lots of people play the mode though so ideally they should revert the rules changes for sonya/tassadar and maybe tyrande too. Varian is always going to be a problem so the only sensible solution there is if someone queues into QM as varian he just automatically gets slotted into matches where everyone else is a stealth hero

also instead of ever putting more than 1 stealth hero on a team it should just make them play in stealth heroes only matches

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Mind over Matter posted:

Cassia is very fun and of course I'm not very good at her either.

I got her out of a loot box and I'm enjoying her more than I thought I would. Lightning ball ult is just really fun to use.

What are her good builds? I've been primarily doing a Q build with sometimes doing a blind heavy build if the enemy team is mostly auto attackers.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I like the start of the round slap-fight in middle because its great for getting some easy stacks on level 1 quests that need you to hit heroes. And then if you quickly transition to another lane when the fight quickly winds down you can get some extra exp over the enemy team when they stick around too long in mid.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

Why do I keep picking bans in this game? I literally have no idea what I'm doing because I have like an hour playtime under my belt. I think I'm 4/4 on being the ban picker dude.

I might be mis-remembering but I think it gives the person with the highest rating on the team Ban powers. Which if true makes me like getting ban powers even less because it means the system thinks everyone on my team is worse than me, and that's not an inspiring thought.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

If you can manage to not slam out "gg" in chat after your first death as a stealth player you're already well ahead of most of them.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

HelixFox posted:

I tried that Auriel cooldown reduction on Q build and thought it was pretty sick. Hitting 3 heroes is no cooldown so you can spam it all day for tons of damage. However, we lost the game because my teammates decided my build sucked and wanted to talk about that instead of play.

People were really upset that I was taking resurrection last night. Each one of them would bitch endlessly until I used it on them and then that individual person would stop bitching about it for the rest of the match.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I'm glad QM is a pre-pick disaster zone because sometimes I really just want to play the one specific hero over and over again without having to listen to slam-pick genjis complaining about the team comp

I also enjoy the weird rear end team comps you get most of the time

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

The Gazlowe Announcer is not only real good but its made me miss less talent picks during a fight because whenever you hit a talent level gazlowe yells HEY PICK A TALENT

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

None of the stealth dudes are fun to play against so just remove all the stealth from each of em and gently caress it don't replace it with anything

Staring at the ground watching for a shimmer so you can ping to try and get your teammate's attentions which they will ignore and get ganked by zeratul anyways isn't fun gameplay

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Gazlowe's power spike at 20 when you take upgraded robo-goblin never fails to catch a few people off guard in the next team fight when you murder them and steal their stereos.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Being against a samuro who likes to hang out in lanes is just the best because it makes it super easy to stack quests quickly.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

On that map they do

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Martian Buddy posted:

Related to Hanamura, how are TLV on that map? Since just looking at it it seems like their kind of map for TLV brand bullshit but I haven't been able to get on and test it.

In the few matches I've seen TLV on hanamura they have been really strong. Each viking counts as a body for pushing carts so they can push one or both carts by themselves while the rest of the team contests the enemy payload or pushes down forts.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I've been having really good luck playing supports on Hanamura. I think strong support play can carry that map well because there are so many small skirmishes you can tilt in your favor. Auriel in particular I've been having good success with.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Is Berserker rage or Leap the better one? I usually take rage because its cool to yell real loud and then hit people harder.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Shibawanko posted:

Any tips for efficiently microing the vikings? I just bought these fuckers and I love unorthodox heroes.

I get that I should use shift to give them a bunch of instructions. Is it okay to have some of them idle in a bush sometimes or what? Really keeping them all up all the time seems pretty hard. Which one is the most important?

I've seen Grubby do some really solid high level vikings play so maybe check out his youtube for some videos. This doesn't directly answer your question but his commentary + tips are usually pretty good I think.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Actually since sonya-smart people are posting right now what's the best use of her fury? I assume in a gob of heroes during a team fight its best to just use whirlwind. But when is it better to use slam vs whirlwind?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Bogart posted:

I was surprised to see the Icy Veins guide to building Gazlowe differed so much from my own. I need to test out the lazor build and the one IV recommends, but this is my general thought-process.

Pre-match: select a tiny Wonder Billie mount and make Gazlowe your announcer so he's talking to himself.

L1: Extra TNT for some of the best no-sweat wave clear in the game. Break It Down is good if you find yourself on CDs, constantly, and can help down the line with Grav-O-Bomb.

L4: I like Clockwerk a lot -- careful continued uptime of Turrets gives Gaz some of the best zone control and vision in the game, and making numbers go up feels good. Otherwise, ARK Reaktor (but if you're doing that, you might want Scrap-o-Matic Smelter at L1 for mana woes).

L7: Engine Gunk. Since we have TNT to deal with multiple enemies, we can use the extra juice to ensure that once someone's trapped in the trap, the devil ain't forgettin'. I always see the lazor as an initiator, not something to do mid-fight, so I'm against Hyperfocus Cells.

Heroic: Robo-Gobbo is no longer a trap talent -- taking it and Goblin Repairs at Tier 1 makes him a scarily effective tank. If you're doing that, pick up Xtra-Large Bombs for stun security.

L13: Dimensional Ripper is okay, but Gazlowe is already so good at sieging that it feels a little win-more, and since we already have Engine Gunk slowing down enemies, we can take Xtra Large Bombs for even bigger booms, and, like I said, the stun security.

L16: More dakka, either of the turret or bomb variety. Gaz wants to move -- staying in one place to boost his turret range is no good.

Storm: If you went with Robo-Goblin, Mecha-Lord makes him loving scary. Otherwise, if you went all in with Grav-O, may as well take the boost. Again, I don't like lazor build, so I think that's a trap, and the 'produce some scrap at will' is silly.

again, I'm no expert. Thoughts?

I usually take Break it Down > Ark Reaktor > Engine Gunk > RoboGoblin > Xtra Large Bombs > Kwik Release > MechaLord

I've had some success with lazer build when they have a lot of really squishy people that you can punish easily with the long lazer range (usually only in QM). The Dimensional ripper at 13 is decent because it turns you into a mini sylvanas and you can shut down forts/keeps for your team to push with. You also dont have to charge it at all to get the slow effect so you can just quickly blast people to slow them a bunch.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I had an all murky game during the first punisher brawl. It was a madhouse and I haven't had a brawl as good as it since.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Stasis also doesn't count them as being on points so it's not real hard to steal bosses as Medivh

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

medivh is really fun even if 90% of your match time consists of yelling TAKE THE PORTAL at your monitor

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

PureRok posted:

I spent quite a lot of time laning in a Hanamura match (as per the plan between me and my friend) as Xul. That isn't to say I didn't help at team fights when necessary, but one pub got super butthurt that I wasn't constantly at every payload push.

He didn't seem to realize that thanks to my soak it got us a two level lead (not to mention the two towers I took). I felt a little vindicated when I got MVP.

Edit: Here's the stats page from the replay.

I've seen Xul's who push really hard consistently perform pretty well on that map. It seems really easy for him to quickly push down forts and get the extra core damage.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Auriel is my go to fun support right now. Damage no cooldown Q build build is pretty fun and resurrection is cool now.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

The no camera snap when you hearthstone could be the only patch change and it would still be an incredible patch.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Here are the PTR notes:

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20766460/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-notes-may-8-2017-5-8-2017

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've been annoyed by this for a while now but between a recent match with Li Li and these patch notes, I finally got frustrated enough to post about this:

The tooltips in this game are inconsistent as hell. Sometimes talents will modify the numbers in the ability's tooltip, most of the time they won't.

Talent descriptions that add damage will sometimes have the damage scale with levels, other times it's a flat nonscaling damage increase, and it's difficult to tell the difference. (Usually if it's a quest reward then it doesn't scale.) Sometimes it's listed as a percentage boost, other times it's listed as a numeric increase.

Duration? Sometimes it's "Increased by 50%", other times it's "Increased by 2 seconds". Nerazim Fury increases the duration by 50% (2 seconds); Gravity Kills increases the duration by 1 second.

Now that they're fixing the hearth thing them doing a tooltips pass would be my next wishlist item.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Mind over Matter posted:

Yeah, a clarity and consistency pass would be nice indeed.

I really just want dynamic tooltips that update damage/range/cooldowns based on what talents you take.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

They've already said Fenix is going to have a death mechanic, there was an interview shortly after Leoric where they talked about wanting to space Fenix out from him so that people didnt' feel like they were too similar.

I imagine we won't get Fenix for quite a while since we just got Dva who's got a death mechanic to change forms thing going on. I guess it makes since for them to use it on Dva since I imagine way more people know who she is these days vs a starcraft 1 dude.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

A pro tip for potential alarak players, bind self cast W to a side mouse button or something easy to hit. When you self cast telekinesis it always casts on you in the direction you are moving. It makes it so you can always use it to scoot yourself in the direction you're already going 100% of the time without having to worry about dragging the mouse or miss-aiming.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Alarak seems like the kind of dude who has incredible power and only uses it to gently caress around to get on everyone's nerves so maybe he was role-playing

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I had a really bizarre QM game on Hanamura that was 2 tanks, 2 support, medivh vs 3 tanks, 1 support, cassia. It was a ton of fun because the fights never ended and by the time you'd kill one person the last person you killed had already respawned and rejoined the fight. It was just a non-stop brawl that came down to 1-1 core health and was decided by who won the fight over the boss.

It was also the easiest game of Medivh I've ever played and I think I had master's touch finished by level 8.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Talent choices are probably way overemphasized ahead of the many other reasons why teams lose, which mainly comes down to dying before an objective, dying unnecessarily during a retreat, dying while on defense. Basically, dying.

*2 people die dicking around near an enemy keep by themselves 20 minutes into the game while the entire enemy team is up*

*objective spawns*

*both people ping DEFEND HERE repeatedly at the objective*

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Are pushers like Xul and Sylvanas good in ranked if I just want to spend the whole game being an rear end in a top hat that focuses on pushing lanes where everyone isn't? Or is that mainly a QM thing that's been working for me because I'm with a coordinated goon team?

Against anyone with map awareness they will spot you doing that and their team will just rotate to gank you constantly.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

You could just take Smash and win fights at the beacons though? Not trying to be lovely, I'm legit curious.

Yeah I always take smash on braxis and just use it to win the objective so we never have to deal with the zerg wave in the first place.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Illidan and Samuro can also take camps really easily. Samuro can aggressively try for enemy camps because he's super slippery if they show up.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Random question but from playing DotA I've just been assuming the answer is yes: can enemy towers/forts see through stealth?

Nope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

PureRok posted:

Eh, your hat can soak for you.

But then you're not soaking while you're hatting teammates.