Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

experience is king but CISSP is quickly becoming a standard requirement for even entry level security analyst positions or your resume goes in the trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

their "vouching" system for getting accredited after the test along with not letting you see anything more than pass/fail has done a bit to slow its descent in to diploma mill worthlessness but the 2015 revisions of the test gutted most of the technical knowledge so its getting easier to game as a conceptless cram session of corporate buzzwords with a little bit of Best Practice thrown in. It will be as laughable as A/Network+ in a few years and then they'll move on to the next arbitrary test that you have to pass.

Regardless, congrats. That's a lot of bullshit to jam in your head.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

poty posted:

apparently i would be able to pass my software eng years as valid experience for the test as ive done things with ssl certs sometimes so ill probably get this

how much did you study

I did five 9hr days straight plus another 4-6hrs cramming with flash cards at home to pass

• Locked thread