Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

my goth gf posted:

systemd is bad, just like pulseaudio was bad

has leonard ever used a linux???

lmao he locked the topic after he got owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
what are some other reasons that systemd is bad and dumb

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
no but seriously can someone explain why some people have problems w/ systemd

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i still don't understand why people hate systemd

can anyone distill the arguments against it to an easily digestible shitpost?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

:staredog:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it has been suggested that systemd should only mount efivars writeable for a moment when it needs to change something, and then return it to read-only, but the most infuriating of unhelpful oss nerd responses is trotted out on this; "it is not our problem, the hardware manufacturers should not make it possible to brick machines that way"

wait hold on aren't these the same kind of turbonerds who would screech about how the big bad hardware corporation is locking down the hardware so that good honest tinkerers who know what they're doing can do as they please with THEIR PERSONAL PROPERTY ??

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Vanadium posted:

maybe efi vars shouldn't be a filesystem

b-b-but everything's a file!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

maybe we could compromise and invent some kind of engine that runs on horse poo poo?

they already did

• Locked thread