Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

rc.d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

mishaq posted:

systemd is actually really good

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

my goth gf posted:

wanna buy a dreamcast just so i can run netbsd on it

same. tho the port was removed in 2009, there's a 2002 snapshot of the ps2 version if you have one

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

systemd is good trash for idiots

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

heck. I'm gonna install netbsd in a bum today

the installer has yospos color options

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i still don't understand why people hate systemd

can anyone distill the arguments against it to an easily digestible shitpost?

you fall in love with your computer. small details of the workings of your operating system become part of your identity, though you can't really understand it...then, the computer changes. is this still the computer you fell in love with? why do things need to change?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

wait hold on aren't these the same kind of turbonerds who would screech about how the big bad hardware corporation is locking down the hardware so that good honest tinkerers who know what they're doing can do as they please with THEIR PERSONAL PROPERTY ??

lennart is a bully and systemd is botnet

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

OWLS! posted:

I'm fairly sure I'm working with a lennart right now.

It is not a pleasant experience.

you work with a guy who can get poo poo done despite working in a hostile and incompetent environment? who deflects threats and infinite loathing for having the gall to sidestep the absurd kafkaesque beaurocracies of petty fiefdoms, all for the greater good?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Corinthians 1:10-17

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sapozhnik posted:

quote this post every time systemd continues to own while some idiot on the internet gets bent out of shape because competent developers don't want to add a bunch of special cases to save said idiot from specific instances of his own incompetence

this thread would just be thousands of pages of this quote

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

so you're saying systemd is good

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

cistem-d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

ratbert90 posted:

If you got death threats because you made a init system, you wouldn't put up with whiney nerd poo poo heads either.

this

• Locked thread