Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qhat
Jul 6, 2015

there's nothing wrong with systemd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

it's funny when some guy people don't like for no reason makes a mistake then dorks start melting down because of their dumb failbrains malfunctioning

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

It's pretty cool that that guy continues to make valuable contributions to the open source community despite a bunch of virgin mouthbreathing troglodytes calling him a oval office at every possible opportunity

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

rather more fundamentally systemd and pulsleaudio are both pretty thoroughly irrelevant software, the only actually interesting aspect subject of discussion is the multiple facets of lack of professionalism in the linux community

They make the software largely for free don't they?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

this argument is never good

it is not so much that i am asking anyone to be professional either, rather the usual twisted love for pointing out the flaws in others

He's not being paid so he doesn't owe you an ounce of "professionalism" you stupid oval office

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

i am not saying he owes me professionalism, i am saying it is a p. fun activity to point and laugh at unprofessional idiots willingly wallowing in the poo poo shoveled by their peers. almost the point of the forum even

He's actually really helpful if ppl actively contribute code instead of just whining about an obscure thing and then melting down when he makes a mistake

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

RISCy Business posted:

nice meltdown!!!

Rofl. Someone calling someone a stupid oval office isn't a meltdown retard.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The_Franz posted:

p sure he works for red hat, so he is being paid

Lol. Who cares.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Sapozhnik posted:

lol qhat are you trying to become a discount tori cmos because we already have the genuine article

Idk what you're on about

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Sapozhnik posted:

quote this post every time systemd continues to own while some idiot on the internet gets bent out of shape because competent developers don't want to add a bunch of special cases to save said idiot from specific instances of his own incompetence

I agree with this post

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Lowtax thanks the mystery person for the $10 donation

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Arcsech posted:

systemd is typically pretty useful but it does a bunch of questionable stuff (efi poo poo, defaults to google dns if it decides it doesn't like the one you configured, who knows what else) and lennart is a total dick about fixing any of it.

lol @ a guy maintaining a system that ships with every major linux distro who closes comments on github issues because :cry: the mean internet people are telling me im wrong :cry:

Why shouldn't he close them? If you bothered to read any of the follow ups, you'd realise he actually does engage with people who propose actual fixes. Posting on serious project pages like it's a reddit post is a real easy way for getting the maintainer to ignore you in femtoseconds.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Funny how the people who call Lennart a dick are almost always attention seeking autists who are legitimately surprised that smart productive people don't want to have to deal with whatever failbrain disease it is they have.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Gazpacho posted:

part of being a pro coder (or pro lots of things) is accepting that when you gently caress up users will not cut you slack for all the good work you've done

Agreed. it's tough when noone recognises the fact that im a pro coder and pro gamer with a hot super model girlfriend, all they see is that one time i got fantastically owned on my own github profile because i failed to implementn 'rm' in a way that exaclty replicates unix standards

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Patch and reboot every quarter. Industry standard ladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Systemd is good and Lennart is just alphaing you nerds to oblivion

• Locked thread