Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Perplx posted:

it would be cool if distros didn't exist and the kernel+systemd was a complete os

this already exists if you think of "linux" as rhel/centos/fedora and everything else as broken garbage for broken people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

oh, good news op, the de-poetteringed devuan now has reached the rc phase!

strap on your tinfoil-hats and get ready to janitor some scripts!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

treasure bear posted:

im going to trust the decisions debian people made, they seem pretty good with computers

fuckin' random number generators, how do they work!?

also lol iceweasel

akadajet posted:

not really. macos is

no. macos is a genuine, certified, scraggly-gray-bearded unix

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

my stepdads beer posted:

today i am working on an ancient debian without systemd and sysvinit doesn't have a mechanism to restart failed services lmao

job security

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i still don't understand why people hate systemd

can anyone distill the arguments against it to an easily digestible shitpost?

https://twitter.com/PetiteCloudlet/status/726135725247352832

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

qhat posted:

He's not being paid so he doesn't owe you an ounce of "professionalism" you stupid oval office

p sure he works for red hat, so he is being paid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

*finds a bug in systemd*
*writes long, autistic, whiny blog post about it instead of reporting it*

• Locked thread