Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

my goth gf posted:

systemd is bad, just like pulseaudio was bad

has leonard ever used a linux???

Ok, this is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Look, it's simple, you just use "sysctl" when you want to control your system variables, and "systemctl" when you want to control your system services. What could be easier?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

akadajet posted:

nothing quite says "gently caress you" on github like "poettering locked and limited conversation to collaborators on Dec 2, 2016" and then never seeing any movement on the issue ever again.

hmm? why would you be annoyed by a person that types like this? Did you know that under pedantic constraints that I am technically correct? Perhaps you could like if I asked you rhetorical question instead of plainly stating something?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

individual machine uptime is so passé. these days it's all about cluster uptime

He's right! Having a server up for 2 years is stupid and dangerous. Update your poo poo and run a fsck you idiots.

• Locked thread