Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typhus733
Aug 30, 2008

YeehawMcKickass posted:

There was a bit of talk about this deck in the new main thread before the emergency cat ban happened:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/626179#paper

We can discuss deck choices here. I'm running a variant of this that lacks the enemy fetches, but runs four swiftspear instead of two. Why these people keep running two I have no idea.

Soo, if you're interested AMA cause that's literally my 75 that some amazing person copied and took to a 5-0 finish in a league.

Mentor used to be in there but as much it's literally the card I originally tried to build a deck around, I found after a good year and a half of trying he's just more entertaining than good in modern (though you could say the same about the deck as a whole)

When Fatal Push was released, Path got pushed out for consistency. You already have a billion ways to kill everything and this deck can be so drat greedy if you let it. Ask me what it feels like to get double Spreading Seas'd. On the subject of mana, the mana base isn't final to me. I think one Foundry should be another Blackcleave Cliffs at the least but I only own two.

Forked bolt lets you kill a noble/bob/thalia and dome them, kill two of the above, or just dome them for two more. This deck loves tools that can play multiple roles and/or get you a 2-for-1. It can also shift to just straight burning out your opponent pretty quick. God knows I've wanted to find a way to jam in Snaps for like ever just to bolt-snap-bolt people.

I can't take credit for the two Swiftspears, saw that tech in a video of the bloodmoon/Abrupt Decay version, gave it a try and liked it. I don't know the original guy's logic but I think it's to help keep a critical mass of instants/sorceries while keeping a super low to the ground threat available. I've tried four before (though not in this build specifically) and found I'd sometimes have too many dudes but not enough payoff to get them there.

Also the sideboard was a last minute thrown together pile of "things I can maybe use possibly."

What do you think of fitting in lili's? I don't have any to test with and feel like some number of lotv would make the deck's somewhat iffy matchups better.

I would love any other comments, questions, and suggestions! This has been my baby for several years now and I love any opportunity to improve it!

Typhus733 fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread