Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

AS FORETOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!

I brought this up in the general thread a couple weeks ago, but every time I look at where Modern is at lately, I think U/B is much better suited for control than U/W. But, I cannot argue how good U/W's sideboard options are. So, I decided to try to have my cake and eat it, too. The one thing I like about U/B's walker finishers is that unlike Elspeth, I don't have to pay 6 mana for them, meaning I can shave a land or two and play more interaction. My true list would run 3 x Liliana, the Last Hope, but I only have two at the moment.

Anywho, thoughts? Comments? Critiques?

what happens with this deck when you replace all of the As Foretolds with Snapcaster mages? i get the joke about casting free Ancestral Recalls the rest of the game if it lives/resolves, but i'd really play a bunch of games with snapcasters in that slot and see if that or the three mana do-nothing wins more games. I'm not being glib about that, I really do not know the answer. i suspect the optimal snapcaster build has fewer JVPs and probably some more cryptics or something

fake edit: like, I think you want to go whole hog on this strategy if you're going to do it. i don't *think* as foretold even nets you that much mana because all of your cards are so efficient you can cast them anyway. i guess build-your-own force of will is kind of cool so you can tap out for a planeswalker? i dunno. as foretold is a weird card.

real edit: if the point is to play noted cool card As Foretold, then I probably want fewer JVPs and even more impactful walkers/permanents that you can tap out for and protect with free counter magic off your as foretold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

snapcaster seems really bad here with only 9 targets. i'd play more pacts before cathartic reunion

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yeah JVP seems great

• Locked thread