Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I don't have a list, but it feels like there has to be some kind of aristocraty Black (maybe green with the new flip enchantment) deck.

Some of the cards that look good:
Bontu's Monument
Bontu
Chupacabra
Jadelight Ranger
Dire Fleet Hoarder
Ruthless Knave
Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Oathsworn Vampire
Journey to Eternity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/899314

First draft, not sure what green/white cards would help the deck at the moment. I should probably fit in some Marionette Master's because it kind of has a treasure sub-theme. Man I wish we had a Blood Artist/Cutthroat that was legal, then Oathsworn Vampire would be insane.

moush fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 18, 2018

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I feel like there has to be some kind of deck built around Lich's Mastery and lifegain, Battle at the Bridge + Cabal Stronghold work great together. It might be better go splash white for more access to lifegain, but I like the feel of the mono black control list. Here's what I have so far:

Deck: Mono Black Lich's Mastery

//Lands
3 Cabal Stronghold
22 Swamp

//Spells
3 Battle at the Bridge
1 Cast Down
1 Dark Bargain
1 Duress
2 Essence Extraction
1 Karn, Scion of Urza
2 Lich's Mastery
1 Mastermind's Acquisition
3 Moment of Craving
1 Razaketh's Rite
4 Vraska's Contempt

//Creatures
1 Demonlord Belzenlok
4 Dread Shade
4 Gifted Aetherborn
1 Gonti, Lord of Luxury
2 Josu Vess, Lich Knight
2 Ravenous Chupacabra
1 Walking Ballista

Display deck statistics

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
The Shade is both an early threat they need to worry about and a mana sink. I think he's fine in a mono black deck.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Tibalt posted:

That particular example couldn't happen, but I believe your understanding is correct - " can't lose the game" overrides " you lose the game".

Fun fact I discovered when looking up the rules - although you can't lose the game, your opponent can still win the game. Alternative win cons can still beat you.

Does this mean that Lich's Mastery won't help vs. approach? I was thinking it would be a good sideboard card against them.

• Locked thread