Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

YeehawMcKickass posted:

There was a bit of talk about this deck in the new main thread before the emergency cat ban happened:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/626179#paper

We can discuss deck choices here. I'm running a variant of this that lacks the enemy fetches, but runs four swiftspear instead of two. Why these people keep running two I have no idea.

I have almost everything for this deck outside of the Mesas (which I was gonna pick up anyway) so I think I'll try this out and let you know what works. I've been wanting to try Mardu for a little while and have brainstormed a couple different builds in the color set. Secretly, I just want to cast Lightning Helix :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I don't know poo poo about Standard but Chart a Course did work for me at the IXN prerelease.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Do you have many one-drops in the deck? Turn 1 critter, turn 2 swing and then cast Chart seems rad. Obsession is more likely to net you cards when you're already ahead too, since you have to connect in order to draw.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
A guy at my store was running monoblack a while ago and his list was pretty similar to yours. Night's Whisper is good removal if you have lots of black mana and should hit pretty much everything in the format except Angler and Dredge's creature suite.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

do u believe in marigolds posted:

I have definitely been in some games where the Fatal Pushes were dead cards.

Also, I'm trying to keep my curve lower so I want my top end to pretty much be Obliterators. I'm not sure how well either Liliana would work. If anything I would probably go with an enchantment/creature that gives me more cards (Erebos sprang to mind as a one or two of) or has a protective nature (Stillmoon Cavalier).

Play my favorite "I wish this was playable in Modern" card Phyrexian Arena!

• Locked thread