Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

YeehawMcKickass posted:

There was a bit of talk about this deck in the new main thread before the emergency cat ban happened:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/626179#paper

We can discuss deck choices here. I'm running a variant of this that lacks the enemy fetches, but runs four swiftspear instead of two. Why these people keep running two I have no idea.

what is up with forked bolt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Anyone have experience with modern death and taxes? Put this together recently:

Deck: Untitled Deck

//main
3 Adarkar Wastes
4 Ęther Vial
4 Blade Splicer
3 Eldrazi Displacer
3 Eldrazi Temple
4 Flickerwisp
4 Ghost Quarter
4 Leonin Arbiter
3 Mutavault
4 Path to Exile
10 Plains
3 Restoration Angel
2 Smuggler's Copter
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3 Thought-Knot Seer
3 Thraben Inspector

//Sideboard
2 Burrenton Forge-Tender
1 Eidolon of Rhetoric
2 Fragmentize
1 Kataki, War's Wage
2 Kor Firewalker
2 Oblivion Ring
2 Phyrexian Revoker
2 Rest in Peace
1 Spellskite

Display deck statistics

Played B/W eldrazi for a while but the mana was just awful. Been doing very well with it so far, albeit against soft competition. Smuggler's Copter is house and flickering Blade Splicer gets out of control quickly. Some current concerns I have:

-At what point is the eldrazi package just not worth it? They're the cards I keep shaving when I want to make room for something else. I know a few people who play mono-white and they love tectonic edge. Super scared to cut Thought-Knot Seer though because it's really hard to interact with ramp decks otherwise.

-Does anyone have experience with Dryad Militiant or Kytheon? Inspector has seemed mediocre, it's rarely the best thing worth flickering. Having a 1-drop seems really important for crewing purposes.

-Suggestions to replace Eidolon of Rhetoric? After 16+ matches I've brought it in once for Ad Nauseam, which I feel like I'm already favored in.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

NofrikinfuN posted:

This is a budget modern deck, primarily focused on generating thopter tokens to reach one of three outcomes: Lethal damage by attack, pumping up Indomitable Creativity to drop Reckless Fireweavers and artifacts/token generators, or casting Mechanized Production on Prophetic Prism or Alchemist's Vial until you can get to 8 thopters.

Inspiring Statuary plays a key role in allowing you to more easily play out thopter generators, as well as allowing you to cast Indomitable Creativity on every artifact you own for RRR. Panharmonicon is included to double triggers on a lucky cast and Paradoxical Outcome and Cathartic Reunion are included in case you are not having luck drawing what you need.

It has been a real fun play so far, and currently costs under $5 from scratch online.

Deck: Indomitable

//Lands
10 Island
12 Mountain

//Spells
2 Alchemist's Vial
2 Cathartic Reunion
3 Indomitable Creativity
3 Inspiring Statuary
1 Mechanized Production
2 Panharmonicon
4 Paradoxical Outcome
2 Prophetic Prism

//Creatures
4 Ghirapur Gearcrafter
4 Maverick Thopterist
2 Ornithopter
3 Reckless Fireweaver
4 Thopter Engineer
2 Whirler Rogue

Display deck statistics

That's a pretty sweet deck idea. Servo Schematic seems like it would be better than one of your other thopter generators. Same with the white puzzleknot as well, forget what the name is. Also you really need some more red sources in there, hitting RRR of of 14 of them is pretty ambitious.

• Locked thread