Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I was asked to post my Standard Abzan list, so here it is.

Walkers

4x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
2x Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
1x Sorin, Grim Nemisis
1x Ob Nixilis

Creatures
4x Tireless Tracker
4x Winding Constrictor
3x Walking Ballisa
3x Servant of the conduit
1x Green Gearhulk
1x Black Gearhulk - Have tested Ishkanah in place, but without delirium it is a bad draw, and black gearhulk is still a good creature to search with Traverse if you do hit delirium.
1x Rishkar,
1x Thalia - Now that cat is gone I will probably just add the second Rishkar. I have also tested a single catacomb sifter and it was alright. It is a much better single draw than Rishkar, but not as explosive as the snake into Rishkar.

Spells
3x Fatal Push
3x Grasp of Darkness
3x Traverse the Ulvenwald
1x Ruinous Path - Definitely replacing with the aftermath version

Lands
4x Blooming Marsh
3x Concealed Courtyard
3x Shambling Vent
3x Hissing Quagmire
2x Evolving Wilds
4x Forest
3x Swamp
2x Plains

Sideboard (I haven't really tested this against the new Meta, but it is pretty standard)
4x Lay bare the heart
2x Painful Truths
2x Natural Obsolescence - Is very strong against Temur Tower
2x Kalitas - The mardu hoser
2x Gonti - The G/B hoser
1x Ishkanah
1x Fumigate
1x Dusk/ Dawn - I am testing this out for the mirror. It seems like it could be strong.

The deck has been performing well. The snake coupled with Nissa is devastating, and Gideon is Gideon; he wins games on his own, especially if you play him turn 3.

I want to try new Lili, but finding room would be hard. I would probably remove the black gearhulk, but more than likely put it in the sideboard.

Game one against control is kind of hard because Fatal push and most of your grasps are dead cards, but once you remove -3 fatal push -2 Nissa -1 Grasp and bring in the 4x discard and 2x painful truths it is much easier. Mardu struggles with Ishkanah and Kalitas out of the side. Replace your green hulk with Ishkanah and two of your gideons with Kalitas. Gonti is great in the mirror.

Honestly now that Cat is gone I may go back to old school delirium. That deck was solid against Mardu. This version gets its strength from being able to curve Nissa and Gideon coupled with removal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BizarroAzrael posted:

How does this do against Torrential Gearhulk decks? I feel I need to carry spells to take them out.

Pretty well actually. Game one is harder because of dead Fatal Push though, but that is only three cards and a lot of decks run Push also.
You can put enough pressure on early enough with creatures and transgress / lay bare heart to force them to react, and then you land a Gideon which is usually game. Play your tireless tracker only when you can play a land right after for the 2 for 1. Also if you are ever able to land either Sorin or Ob you are in very good shape, because those decks have a hard time dealing with planeswalkers (Jeskai becoming a thing again with Cast Out may change this), and a lot of their cards that could deal with your walkers often have to be used up on your little creatures.

Vs Torrential Gearhulk decks I like to
-3 Fatal Push
-1 Nissa
-1 Nissa (on play) Or servant (on draw)
-1 Grasp

+4 Discard
+2 Painful Truths

If they are playing Tower variants an extra
- 2x Grasp
+2 Natural Obsolescence

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Mardu peoples, how important is Painful Truths in the board?

I think I will be the only Mardu player at my store playing against a field of control, a Marvel deck, 2 (maybe budget zombie decks), and the riff raff aggro decks such vampires and G/B energery.

I am not maindecking any declarations. And am basically running Andrew Jessup's list from SCG http://sales.starcitygames.com//dec...p?DeckID=113156
but -1 Heart -2 Ballista +3 Veteran Motorist, and some land tweaks.

SB:
2 Nahiri
1 Ob
1 Sorin
1 Oath of Lili
2 Dec in Stone
2 Fumigate
3 Transgress
1 Dispossess
1 Anguished unmaking

For control:
- 4 Fatal Push -1 Cut -1 Heart -1 Thalia
+3 Transgress, Dispossess, Ob, Sorin, Anguished Unmaking

Zombies:
+2 Declaration in Stone +2 Fumigate +1 Oath of Lili +2 Nahiri +1 Ob / Sorin +1 Anguished unmaking
-4 Toolcraft -4 Screapheap -2 Veteran Motorist

G/B
+2 Nahiri, Ob, Sorin, +2 Fumigate, + Oath of Lili, Anguished unmaking (Maybe declaration in stone; it seems kind of bad, and this is where normally it would be an extra Oath and Release)

I am kind of contesting to Marvel in hopes that the control players will knock him out, and know how to play around his sideboard. I also removed release the gremlins, because the one deck that it is very good against is G/B and Mardu, and as far as I know there is only one really strong G/B player in the room.

If you play or have a lot of experience playing against Mardu I would really appreciate opinions.

Edit: My sideboard shake up is a concession to Zombies existence. Maybe 2 Declaration in stones and 1 anguished unmaking is unnecessary?

• Locked thread