Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
Here's a deck I've been working on that uses a traverse the ulvenwald engine combined with evolutionary leap to put together the devoted druid/vizier of remedies combo. Evolutionary leap is also a way to spend infinite mana once you have it, by cycling through your deck for walking ballista. The deck has a lot of cute synergies like sacrificing tidehollow sculler with evolutionary leap to exile their card permanently and get another creature, or pumping all of your hangarback walker tokens with gavony township. My main worries G1 are burn, big mana, and chalice of the void, and the sideboard reflects that. I've also considered going straight GW and replacing the scullers with kitchen finks; this would improve the burn matchup and make the evolutionary leap chains close to 100% reliable but hurt the matchup against storm and modern's various weird unfair decks. I've also thought about Nissa, Voice of Zendikar somewhere in the 75; the tokens are good with evolutionary leap and the counters are good with the X creatures, but I think it doesn't do anything the deck isn't already good at and it's kind of a dorky low-power card.

Deck: Devo Leap

//Main
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Devoted Druid
4 Evolutionary Leap
2 Forest
2 Gavony Township
4 Hangarback Walker
1 Horizon Canopy
2 Misty Rainforest
2 Overgrown Tomb
4 Path to Exile
1 Plains
4 Sigil of the Nayan Gods
2 Temple Garden
4 Tidehollow Sculler
4 Traverse the Ulvenwald
4 Vizier of Remedies
4 Walking Ballista
4 Windswept Heath
4 Wooded Foothills

//Sideboard
2 Aven Mindcensor
1 Bojuka Bog
1 Burrenton Forge-Tender
2 Collective Brutality
1 Gaddock Teeg
1 Orzhov Pontiff
4 Reclamation Sage
2 Scavenging Ooze
1 Sin Collector

Display deck statistics

uninverted fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

moush posted:

I don't have a list, but it feels like there has to be some kind of aristocraty Black (maybe green with the new flip enchantment) deck.

Someone on reddit cooked up a deck along those lines and there's a lot of discussion there.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

You know what makes lots of poo poo for Path of Mettle?

Oketra's Monument.

Maybe there's a deck with oketra's monument and radiant destiny naming warriors.

• Locked thread