Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

YeehawMcKickass posted:

There was a bit of talk about this deck in the new main thread before the emergency cat ban happened:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/626179#paper

We can discuss deck choices here. I'm running a variant of this that lacks the enemy fetches, but runs four swiftspear instead of two. Why these people keep running two I have no idea.

It does look like a fun deck, and good stuff decks are generally pretty adaptable, but I don't see the logic behind a deck like this running white and nowhere in the 75 is there any PtE. Seems like it could just as easily replace those confounding Forked Bolts that every one of them seems to run. Is it for something like Lingering Souls?

Although that one variant from an MTGO league that has a Stomping Ground and 3 Abrupt Decay in the side is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

uninverted posted:

Maybe there's a deck with oketra's monument and radiant destiny naming warriors.

Actually, WR warriors seems quite good with all the warriors that have exert abilities.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

do u believe in marigolds posted:

Modern mono-black deck with a devotion sub-theme. Things that are out of my price range: Liliana. The Stromgald Crusader is not a pet card, I just thought a potential flying, prot white creature is useful.

Deck: Mono Black

You are speaking my language. I have been thinking about how to make MBC work in Modern for a while now, and I like the way you're taking it. I understand that LotV and probably The Last Hope are out of budget - same here - but have you considered either Liliana of the Dark Realm or Liliana Vess? Those add devotion for Merchant of course, and Vess can even tutor for a Merchant or Obliterator depending on what you need. Also to expand on the devotion subtheme, you could always consider a Nykthos or two, then use Death Cloud or Torment of Hailfire as a fun wincon. Liliana of the Dark Realm really helps with those as well if you can get her to ultimate.

E: Also, didn't even think of it, but Nykthos and mana generation also help with Stromglad Crusader being a surprise finisher.

• Locked thread