Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I had a profoundly stupid deck idea over God-Pharaoh's Gift and it goes something like this:

Deck: Affinity for Flying Filigree Zombies

//Lands
3 Geier Reach Sanitarium
13 Mountain
4 Westvale Abbey

//Spells
4 Cathartic Reunion
1 Fling
4 Gate to the Afterlife
4 Harnessed Lightning
4 Shock

//Creatures
2 Chief of the Foundry
4 Hope of Ghirapur
2 Metallic Mimic
4 Ornithopter
2 Pia Nalaar
4 Ravenous Intruder
4 Walking Ballista

//Other
1 god-pharaoh's gift

Display deck statistics

I don't think this is any good but I can't get it out of my head unless I post the list. :negative:

Siivola fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Sigarda's Aid only lets you cast Auras and Equipment as though they had flash.

Edit: Oh never mind, the thopters come from Efficient Construction, sorry.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

So uh, I bought a thing. After playing a few games I'm happy with how the deck rolls, but I have no clue how to sideboard.

More Like Flying Memes Am I Right??

- Lands
18 Island

- Creatures
4 Artificer's Assistant
3 Hope of Ghirapur
4 Mist-Cloaked Herald
4 Siren Stormtamer
4 Slither Blade
3 Storm Fleet Aerialist

- Spells
4 Curious Obsession
4 Favorable Winds
4 Negate
4 Opt
4 Spell Pierce

Sideboard:
4 Essence Scatter
4 Sunscorched Desert
4 Unsummon
3 Warkite Marauder

No I don't own any Tempest Djinns stop asking.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Tibalt posted:

The full set of negates and spell pierces in the main and all the essence scatters in the SB feels seems little weird to me. I would put two scatters in the main instead of two pierces, but how has it actually felt in play on game one?
I raced against GW Legends and UG Merfolk, so the noncreature counterspells turned out 100% blank cards. It was a casual night and I didn't actually have the sideboard with me (I was there to pick up all the missing mainboard cards and hadn't thought at all about the sideboard), but I was really pining for the Scatters and Unsummons by the end. Would absolutely have sided all of 'em in.

The deck felt like I was constantly on the edge of mana screw, so keeping two mana open for Negate felt pretty bad in general. I'm sort of considering throwing them in the sideboard altogether and maindecking the Unsummons instead for the lowest possible curve.

I should probably mention this is my first Standard deck ever, so I've zero clue of the local meta. :shobon:

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Tibalt posted:

I wouldn't cut the negates completely - after you've gotten a few threats on the board, you can hold up the mana to negate some big spells. I wouldn't put Unsummons in the MB either - those seem better in the SB, if the make the 75 at all.

I feel like your deck's major weaknesses are sweepers like Settle the Wreckage and Fumigate, so the four negates seem great there, but I like having a variety of answers in the MB for game one. Honestly, I feel like your deck is really looking for 3 Disallows, 3 Negates, and 2 Essence Scatters in the MB, but that's my gut reaction with no idea of the meta and Disallow isn't really a budget card. It's too bad Siren Stormcaller is your only wizard - Wizard's Retort feels like it'd be great if you could reliably cast it for UU.

Edit: Also Tempest Djinn...
You're not wrong here, but I feel like if I boarded in Disallows and Tempest Djinns, I would also have to go up to 20 Islands, and at that point I probably should play a couple 2-drops more. That'd give me an actual curve, a stronger endgame and more fliers for Favorable Winds, but it's also a different deck. (Probably the stronger one. :v:) I think I'll give it a shot eventually since I ended up drafting a Tempest Djinn yesterday, but for now I think I'll stick to the gimmick and see where it gets me.

Speaking of expensive spells, how do y'all feel about Kefnet's Last Word as swingy sideboard tech? In magical christmasland it'll let me steal my opponent's Lyra Dawnbringer or Shalai to clinch the game. I don't have to worry about not untapping if I win, right?

• Locked thread