Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I've been screwing around with this deck idea for a bit, and I think I (finally) have it fairly well sorted out:

Deck: Oh god there's mold in the walls

//Lands
3 Blooming Marsh
1 Field of Ruin
7 Forest
2 Ifnir Deadlands
6 Swamp
4 Woodland Cemetery

//Spells
4 Fungal Infection
2 Fungal Plots
2 Growing Rites of Itlimoc
4 Saproling Migration
3 Song of Freyalise
3 Spore Swarm
1 Torment of Hailfire
3 Vicious Offering

//Creatures
3 Slimefoot, the Stowaway
4 Sporecrown Thallid
3 Tendershoot Dryad
2 Thallid Soothsayer
3 Yavimaya Sapherd

Display deck statistics

Song of Freyalise is pretty crazy, since you can just dump your hand and make saprolings that brutalize a combat, and Growing Rites lets you find a Slimefoot or Dryad while giving you stupid amounts of mana for the former. I like the singleton Hailfire in there as a surprise brick-to-the-head if the board is too gummed up to profitably attack, since in any situation where you're casting it you're gonna be making X a terribly high number. Don't really know what to do for a sideboard outside of Duress and Heroic Intervention since I haven't done standard since Eldritch Moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Please post how this works out, I had the same deck idea recently but just didn't have the cards for FNM tonight

What do you think about Bontu's Last Reckoning? Noone plays it right now and if you drop same turn as Song of Freyalise Verse 3 it's a one sided board wipe. OR intentionally wipe the board on an earlier turn with Slimefoot out to close out a game too. Hailfire for x-whatever, and when they think they're in the clear tap three more saprolings for that and leech them to death.
I've been doing a little playtesting on tappedout, haven't really thought about it. Might be good, but I think Golden Demise might be better for that since you're not trying to combo into the wipe (you're guaranteed to either have the city's blessing or not care about getting hit). Saprolings tend to get pretty big pretty fast too, to the point where having seven 6/6s on turn 7 isn't unheard of. I've had multiple runs where I'm dropping a Hailfire for >15 and following it up with a 40+ point swing on turn 7ish. No idea if that's too slow, but if I'm just counting to how fast I can punch for 20 it's around turn 4-5.

Never//Return seems like a really solid SB card for this deck, probably gonna pick up 2.

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 5, 2018

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I like the idea of Bontu's Last Reckoning against Green Ramp Stompy. If they dump their hand into Llanowar Elf-->Steel Leaf Champion-->Something--> Ghalta like they do, a board wipe that kills it all before Ghalta can swing kills their momentum. Sure you'll probably not have the resources to do much on your next turn but that deck NEEDS the early rush to win. It even dodges the blossoming defense they'll inevitably keep in hand.

Of course I haven't played it yet so I'm just entertaining dumb ideas.
I'm liking the idea the more I think about it. This is what I'm looking at right now and it seems to play pretty well, but of course I have no idea what I'm looking at for a meta.

• Locked thread