Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Speaking of Approach decks, I'm still looking into playing Bant Ramp Approach with Dominaria coming in. Originally from the Jim Davis version on StarCityGames: http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/deck_tech_bant_approach_with_j.html

Here is what I have as a list to work from so far:

Deck: Bant Approach Ramp DOM

//Main
4 Approach of the Second Sun
4 Cast Out
1 Commit // Memory
3 Fumigate
2 Grow from the Ashes
4 Hour of Promise
4 Seal Away
2 Search for Azcanta
4 Settle the Wreckage
3 Spring // Mind
1 Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
3 Thaumatic Compass

//Land
1 Arch of Orazca
2 Botanical Sanctum
1 Desert of the Indomitable
1 Desert of the True
1 Field of Ruin
2 Forest
1 Hashep Oasis
3 Ipnu Rivulet
2 Island
2 Plains
2 Scattered Groves
2 Scavenger Grounds
1 Shefet Dunes
4 Sunpetal Grove

//Sideboard
3 Authority of the Consuls
2 Carnage Tyrant
2 Desert's Hold
1 Ixalan's Binding
1 Naturalize
3 Negate
3 Regal Caracal

Display deck statistics

I can't think of a good reason to keep Baffling End in the deck when Seal Away exists, so those are replaced.
Grow from the Ashes seems like it will scale up better than Gift of Paradise when drawn on turn 4+.
Ixalan's Binding certainly seems like it could be a huge blowout, especially against Scarab God, but I've opted to go back into a full set of Cast Out for the versatility of Flash and Cycling.
Generally tried to force towards as many 4x as possible, but had limited success on that front anyways. Getting spread out across a bunch of 2-ofs or 3-ofs seemed like a bad choice for efficiency in a deck with a sorcery win condition.
One Teferi because I'm not sure what to cut to get a second or third in.

I do see some of the MTGO lists ran Walking Ballista, but not sure if that is a good choice. It would be another win condition with a lot of versatility, but also any easy target for any Fatal Push/Abrade languishing in an opponents hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread