Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

DangerDongs posted:

I was asked to post my Standard Abzan list, so here it is.

How does this do against Torrential Gearhulk decks? I feel I need to carry spells to take them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

How do we feel about maindecking Dissenter's Deliverence in standard right now? I might take one or two, it seems like it will be relevant more often than not right now? I feel the choice is between maining that or sideboarding Appetite for the Unnatural.

Current BG Delirium list if anyone has thoughts on it:

Deck: GP Montreal 17 BG Delerium

//Main

//Land
4 Blooming Marsh
2 Evolving Wilds
5 Forest
4 Hissing Quagmire
8 Swamp

//Creatures
4 Grim Flayer
1 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
3 Ishkanah, Grafwidow
1 Noxious Gearhulk
2 Tireless Tracker
2 Walking Ballista

//Spells
1 Dissenter's Deliverance
3 Fatal Push
2 Grapple with the Past
3 Grasp of Darkness
1 Manglehorn
2 Never // Return
1 To the Slaughter
4 Traverse the Ulvenwald
3 Vessel of Nascency
1 Liliana, Death's Majesty
3 Liliana, the Last Hope

//Sideboard
1 Fatal Push
2 Gonti, Lord of Luxury
1 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
1 Liliana, Death's Majesty
1 Manglehorn
2 Nissa, Vital Force
2 Pick the Brain
1 Tireless Tracker
1 To the Slaughter
3 Yahenni's Expertise

Display deck statistics

It's based on a number of lists I've seen, besides Deliverence the main thing I've been considering is if I should take Ballistas or switch in something else.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I just knocked together a quick BW Vampire standard deck in MTGO to try some stuff out. This comes from memory, and it's 61 cards so there's at least one mistake but the thrust of it is right:

//Main
//Creatures
4 Adanto Vanguard
4 Legion Lieutenant
3 Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle
4 Metallic Mimic
4 Skymarcher Aspirant
2 Yahenni, Undying Partisan
3 Angel of Invention
2 Gifted Aetherborn

//Enchantment
4 Legion's Landing
3 Cast Out
4 Radiant Destiny
2 Thopter Arrest

//Land
4 Concealed Courtyard
4 Forsaken Sanctuary
4 Plains
4 Shefet Dunes
4 Unclaimed Territory
2 Scavenger Grounds

//Sideboard
4 Fatal Push

//Maybeboard
4 Martyr of Dusk
2 Twilight Prophet
Elenda, the Dusk Rose

I've not gone against any of the "proper" decks yet but the curve and speed seem okay, need to test against something with more removal. I think The angels can go now, they are a carry over from the white vampire deck of Ixalan standard and I think Lieutenant mitigates the need for it, although it can be good to have for City's Blessing.

There's also a bit of a disconnect between my exile-based removal (which are enchantments to help Blessing again) and Yahenni, who should be one of my heavy hitters. Something that crossed my mind was using Trial of Ambition and Cartouche of Solidarity for how it again helps get City's Blessing. Trial of Solidarity is good for the go-wide strategy, I just don't know if the cost is justified.

I've also not had the mana come out wonky or got an early Gifted Aetherborn yet, the land base was part of my initial concern for the deck.

I think it could be fun, but really need to throw it at the serious existing decks to see if it's worth the time.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Revised list. Still working on it but much better, Forerunner is a beast! Bishop of Rebirth is an experiment and I've only cast it once so far, but it was pretty impressive combined with resing a Lieutenant or Forerunner.

Deck: Rivals Standard BW Vampires

//Creatures
4 Skymarcher Aspirant
4 Metallic Mimic
4 Adanto Vanguard
4 Legion Lieutenant
3 Forerunner of the Legion
2 Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle
1 Yahenni, Undying Partisan
2 Sanctum Seeker
2 Twilight Prophet
1 Bishop of Rebirth

//Enchantments
3 Legion's Landing
2 Ixalan's Binding
2 Radiant Destiny

//Spells
3 Fatal Push

//Land
4 Concealed Courtyard
1 Forsaken Sanctuary
4 Unclaimed Territory
2 Ifnir Deadlands
4 Shefet Dunes
2 Scavenger Grounds
3 Swamp
3 Plains

//Sideboard
1 Elenda, the Dusk Rose
3 Duress
1 Fatal Push
2 Dusk // Dawn
2 Champion of Dusk
2 Vona's Hunger
2 Forsake the Worldly
2 Ixalan's Binding

Display deck statistics

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I've been playing a BG deck in arena with explore creatures accelerating me through the deck and losing the yard ahead of getting Liliana or Vraska out, or just a blowout Tetzimoc or Scaled Behemoth (would be Carnage Tyrant if I could get a wildcard for it) It seems to work well and it got me thinking about a standard version and perhaps having Muldrotha from Dominara. Does such a deck demand Scarab God or can I get away without it, more recurring creatures rather than exile them?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

We cool with Arena decks right? I'm having a lot of fun with this, but might need to tweek some numbers yet. I'm not actually running this version yet, I need more wildcards to fill out the landbase.

// Deck: Sultai Reanimator (60)

// Lands
4 Drowned Catacomb
2 Evolving Wilds
2 Fetid Pools
2 Field of Ruin
2 Forest
4 Hinterland Harbor
2 Island
2 Swamp
4 Woodland Cemetery

// Creatures
2 Champion of Wits
2 Hostage Taker
2 Jadelight Ranger
4 Merfolk Branchwalker
2 Muldrotha, the Gravetide
4 Seekers' Squire
1 The Scarab God
2 Thrashing Brontodon
1 Vizier of the Menagerie
4 Wildgrowth Walker

// Spells
2 Liliana, Death's Majesty
1 Path of Discovery
2 Phyrexian Scriptures
4 Supreme Will
2 Vicious Offering
1 Vraska, Relic Seeker

Lots of strong synergies, like Path of Discovery with the planeswalkers, explore with Vizier.

Not totally sure about not having Ravenous Chupacabra, Hostage Taker is fantastic but can come undone if they have removal, at least before I can cast the taken card myself.

Might try this in standard too, so welcome suggestions of God Kaladesh cards for it. Perhaps should have some artifacts to maximize Muldrotha.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

It's probably not statistically optimal but I like Siren's Ruse with Hostake Taker and Chupacabra. It flashes both for another etb and replaces itself when used on the taker. Not optimal if you haven't cast the hostage yet but eh.

Edit: Consider Helm of the Host.

That crossed my mind just now! Between consistency and grindy persistence that might work! Ruse might be a bit narrow for the cost, but I have a lot of ETBs. But I mostly exploit that by letting them die and bringing them back.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I'm wondering whether some of the more powerful vampire cards might help it. Make lots of lifelinking tokens that are drawing you cards while chumping, maybe an Elenda to threaten a big finish while you take your time grinding them out, that sort of thing. Twilight prophet could be good too. Just don't play the ones that require you to pay life.

That would be Adanto Vanguard, shame as it's an excellent 2 drop.

Legions Landing seems good as it makes 2 permanents, so you can give one up to life loss, with the potential to make more, and to generate life.

Maybe the deck should also play to City's Blessing? Twighlight Prophet and Pride of Conquerers with lifelink tokens both seem good.

Is Abzan too much? Then you can have land ramp, explore and even lifegain off Wildgrowth Walker.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Oh, and just to satisfy my curiosity, what happens if you have 2 Lich's Mastery and legend rule one away? Say your first is Cast Out and then the Cast Out is removed after you have played another. I think it's fine? One leaves play and triggers "you lose the game" but you still have one saying that you can't.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Tibalt posted:

That particular example couldn't happen, but I believe your understanding is correct - " can't lose the game" overrides " you lose the game".

Fun fact I discovered when looking up the rules - although you can't lose the game, your opponent can still win the game. Alternative win cons can still beat you.

I forgot hexproof and losing when it leaves. Suppose you can cast the second due to similar brainfart.

And I've seen the print come up, especially relevant with second sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

What do we think of playing Phyrexian Scriptures and exiling enemy graveyards with Scarab God? I'm not dependant on the enemy yard and it can be a bonus against some decks, but it might be a bit of a nonbo. I am very excited to play it with Muldrotha though.

• Locked thread