Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

As a kid, I really loved point-and-click adventures but I never had the patience to see them through. I think Kings Quest 5 was the only one I finished without a guide?

GOG Has some killer stuff on sale, so I'm going to take the IZ on an adventure through the past by playing some of the best adventure/mystery games ever made.

Planned playthrough order:

The first Cthulu game. I dont think I need to explain who Lovecraft is or whatever. I wont be playing the sequel (Prisoner of Ice) due to a crippling bug where the ISO being mounted forces the game to see your entire HD as a cdrom and refuses to write saves.

The Gabriel Knight series was one of the better-written and more serious entries of the early point-and-click genre. This also takes place where in New Orleans where I grew up so I'm excited to see how that plays out

Sequel to GK. This one came on CD and has that weird Sega CD era FMV gameplay that I cant wait to dive into.

Ill leave it at this for now. If I actually manage to finish these three in a reasonable time and there is interest I'll do GK3 and (HOPEFULLY) Policenauts/Snatcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The music/voice acting in this first Cthulhu game are amazing

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Can't take screens so here's my first session notes

Thoughts so far

Obviously its an old game but only a couple of things are really annoying: theres a button to skip dialogue once youve heard it spoken (the first version didnt have voice acting) so the text is on a really long delay but sometimes when you skip it it skips the entire rest of the conversation and you cant get people to repeat stuff

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 27, 2017

• Locked thread