Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Weird situation, but I was sitting at a bar in a small crumbling mill-town in the Midwest, met a guy and told him stories about working in West Africa on a USAID gig and whatnot, and now he's all excited to try to do similar.

I already gave him a link to Devex.com (which is generally more white-collar managerial/expert jobs) since I think I've seen trades jobs there too, but is there any other jobs site he should be checking out for "welder needed on hydroelectric project in Tanzania" or "fabricator needed to train students at job-training site in Burma"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

okraslayer
May 21, 2017
Welding and other job related unions would be a good start as well. Usually a states capitol is where one can find a union office and then all he / she would need to do is sign up, pay a fee and put their name out there. A lot of that kind of work is who you know and not exactly what you know , they can train just about anyone on the job for many of the tasks. Ingalls ship hard in the USA has school offered that upon completion will look dam good on a resume and get you in the right networks to get a job in that area.

• Locked thread