Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That big wolf brawl actually looked kinda fun.

This game doesn't seem bad, just kinda inconsequential. The people making it seem to be trying a lot harder than I'd have expected for a sporting goods/gun nut tie-in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
I didn't know leopards could build traps. This game teaches you all sorts of interesting animal facts.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
It's an old abandoned sawmill. Who is paying for the electricity?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

EasilyConfused posted:

It's an old abandoned sawmill. Who is paying for the electricity?
The Mountain Lion Electrician Union.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Can't wait to see the literal Revolver Ocelots.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Be careful what you wish for. In a game with radio-jamming baboons, getting grenades would probably mean that the animals could throw them back.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Freemason leopards.

This game takes place in a world where the CO2 levels got so high that vegetation grows super fast and rich. This supports a huge prey population to allow for huge predator populations. The massively reduced O2 levels in the atmosphere make running super hard, which means all cats have become social animals to hunt effectively.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
I wonder if the snakebite venom sequence was intended to drain your health a lot faster at first. It seems really weird that they'd have so many friggin health packs just strewn out across the trail when your health goes down maybe a tick per second.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
"Don't stop to shoot, keep running!"
and
"Keep fighting!"

are a great pair of lines, actual context aside.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Back in action!

Luke, I'm cummin'!

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
Man, the game was THIS close to giving you an infinite supply of TNT, and then it threw it all away so you could open a door. What a wasted opportunity.

Incidentally, have you noticed that 99% of all missions in this game involve chasing after our lamebrain brother? This guy's the Princess Peach of big-game hunters.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
You didn't interrupt the leopards' hunt, you conserved it!

Just like how the progress TNT conserved the infinitely spawning lions.

Conserved the poo poo out of them.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Fish Noise posted:

You didn't interrupt the leopards' hunt, you conserved it!

Just like how the progress TNT conserved the infinitely spawning lions.

Conserved the poo poo out of them.

I like how everything within a thirty foot radius of the TNT dies instantly and anything outside the radius is unaffected.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Cabela's games are very good.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Good thing that partially broken ice was capable of taking all those high powered rifle shots. At least the pile of dead wolves would have kept the brother safe from hypothermia.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Today we finish our conservation efforts by...

ALL OF THEM!

Good poo poo. Shame it's not an annual series.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

SelenicMartian posted:

Shame it's not an annual series.
Permanent conservation, you say? What a concept!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
What I don't get is why don't they just call it Animal Genocide Simulator. Does the game count your kills?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

No, although it's got fabulous achievements
http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CabelasDangerousHunts2013/achievements/

The plot is basically this but with bigger mosquitoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZvT3MHpffk

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
For all the poo poo we (deservedly) gave the game, it seems like a solid budget title.

It was a budget game right?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
The reason it's not an annual series is Cauldron got bought out to work on fixing the dogshit release of Day Z Standalone.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Fish Noise posted:

Permanent conservation, you say? What a concept!

Is there a way to achieve global, permanent conservation? Perhaps through some sort of poison gas cloud or climate catastrophe?

Cabela's needs to make an RTS or turn based strategy game where the goal is to exterminate every living thing, because I don't think total conservation can be achieved through an fps. You just can't stack the wolf corpses high enough, no matter how fast your Cabela's Man can shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Cathode Raymond posted:

Cabela's needs to make an RTS or turn based strategy game where the goal is to exterminate every living thing, because I don't think total conservation can be achieved through an fps. You just can't stack the wolf corpses high enough, no matter how fast your Cabela's Man can shoot.
I think more conservation can still be accomplished in the FPS realm, the trick is to be less conservative about the conservation.
This game had one instance of explosives and we all saw how effective they were for conservation. Consider: More explosives! Flamethrowers!
This game's story is very personal, but look at how much conservation two brothers could accomplish. Consider: Multiplayer!

The path is clear: An early-access survival-crafter!

• Locked thread