Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Bears picked a guy who loves to kiss tittiess and is unashamed to admit it.

Grade: A+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

why would you draft a slot receiver 8th

you realize he's not white steve smith right

I just don't understand how you have the #1 offense two years ago, get a 6'5" #1 WR back from injury, lose 9 more games & think "more offensive weapons" is the solution. Chiefs and Texans were trading 2018 1st rounders to get into this range and you think nah, slot receiver. Two of the top 3 secondary players fall to you in Lattimore & Hooker and you go with a backup running back. Every tight end and offensive lineman falls to you and you take a punt returner.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

seiferguy posted:

Unsurprisingly Seattle traded out, and has four 3rd round picks. I hope we get Kevin King.

Hoping for King or Lamp with that first pick tomorrow

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/ShannonCFB/status/857714062070882308

https://twitter.com/ShannonCFB/status/857772302821412865

https://twitter.com/ShannonCFB/status/857790303230668801

https://twitter.com/ShannonCFB/status/857790758602059781

https://twitter.com/ShannonCFB/status/857791216863367168

https://twitter.com/ShannonCFB/status/857794511489159168

https://twitter.com/ShannonCFB/status/857795099991920640

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm allowing myself to feel a brief moment of hope about the 9ers new management, which I'm sure I will come to regret this season.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

xbilkis posted:

The Bears picked a guy who loves to kiss tittiess and is unashamed to admit it.

Grade: A+

As soon as that tweet was posted I realized that the Bears went from making a dumb trade to absolutely fleecing the 49ers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I don't know how to feel

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets got the guy I wanted from the beginning that no one thought would be there at 6. Im pretty happy with Jamal Adams.

Only real tears are Positional Value tears and he'll have like the 2nd highest guarantee for a safety ever. Im cool with it though. Great talent. Great leader.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I did think of one way I wouldn't mind seeing Mahomes on the field this year: designated Hail Mary guy.

I never understood why teams with a rocket armed backup wouldn't put him in for that. It isn't like the defense doesn't know what you're going to do in hail mary situations and it isn't like being in a rhythm helps those plays.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Giants really hate New Jersey talent

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Browns:

Pick 1: Myles Garrett. I have no idea why this was a question but thank goodness. B

Pick 2: Peppers. Meh. Drug poo poo but who knows for sure if he's good or not I guess or maybe something I dunno. C

I'd have preferred OJ Howard at 12 but then again the trade gives us two picks next year as well in the first so I am fine with this. A-

Overall: B

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
zimbomonkey please add this pick to the OP tia

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Not super exciting of a draft for the Titans, but a pretty good one that addressed two of the bigger needs, and last year's draft was that too and Conley ending up owning. I trust in Robinson.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm kinda tired of the Seahawks always trading out of the first, but if we can still get Kevin King early tomorrow then whatever.

lol Bears

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fellas,

what the gently caress

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

I don't know how to feel

He's a really good WR

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Every analyst out there loves the Fournette pick for the Jags. I'm conflicted about it, but a bit less now considering that the Jags will almost definitely be getting one of either Cam Robinson or Forrest Lamp tomorrow.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

R.D. Mangles posted:

fellas,

what the gently caress

At least you have NCAA Tournament Participants Northwestern to root for.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dolphins needed a pass rusher and the Internet says we took the best one available at the time. Draft played out exactly as Armando predicted yesterday.

I guess we made the correct move :shrug:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

At least you have NCAA Tournament Participants Northwestern to root for.

honestly between the cubs and northwestern i'm pretty sure i hit my quotient for sports team competence for a calendar year

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Already rumors of GB trading down again.

Not horribly opposed to it, since there's still 3-4 guys I'd have been happy with taking in the 1st that would still be available 5-10 picks down, but TT at some point you gotta take somebody jeesus.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Dolphins needed a pass rusher and the Internet says we took the best one available at the time. Draft played out exactly as Armando predicted yesterday.

I guess we made the correct move :shrug:

I hope he's good for you. I still hate Mizzou's DC for ruining his senior year.

e: Well last year in college I mean, think he was a RS Jr.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 28, 2017

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Gatts posted:

I'd have preferred OJ Howard at 12 but then again the trade gives us two picks next year as well in the first so I am fine with this. A-
WHAT

Goddamnit

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Kevin King will be available later, Seattle needs to grab Lamp or another OL at 34.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Christian McCaffrey, y'all.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I guess I'd be OK with the Bears deal if they absolutely think Trubisky is going to be the franchise QB. But why the gently caress bother with Mike Glennon? If you need a 1-year stopgap, go with Brian Hoyer or someone for half the price. Probably could have kept Alshon.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Round 1: John Ross III - Grade: C

Draft Grade: A

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
There are football cards that are made to order of every draft pick tonight.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Yeah as funny as it was to see the Niners fleece the Bears to move up one spot, the Browns really killed it in the first round this year. If it weren't for the fact that they're still the Browns and doomed to turn these smart moves into dismal, hilarious failure, I'd be really impressed.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah as funny as it was to see the Niners fleece the Bears to move up one spot, the Browns really killed it in the first round this year. If it weren't for the fact that they're still the Browns and doomed to turn these smart moves into dismal, hilarious failure, I'd be really impressed.

I am loving mind boggled at how many loving 1st round picks we've had over the last few years. How the hell are we not a 10 year dynasty with 10 Pro Bowlers and 3 HOF candidates already?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks continue to beast

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
TJ WATT ftw

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/49ers/status/857756512474857472

John Lynch threw the alley, and the 49ers social media manager threw down the emphatic dunk

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Someone please tell me how to feel about the Texans trading two firsts and a second for DeShaun Watson.

E: I guess Nuk Hopkins and JJ Watt thought this was cool, so good I guess?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Gatts posted:

I am loving mind boggled at how many loving 1st round picks we've had over the last few years. How the hell are we not a 10 year dynasty with 10 Pro Bowlers and 3 HOF candidates already?

The answer to this isn't nearly as elusive as you think.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Abugadu posted:

Already rumors of GB trading down again.

Not horribly opposed to it, since there's still 3-4 guys I'd have been happy with taking in the 1st that would still be available 5-10 picks down, but TT at some point you gotta take somebody jeesus.

Deep d draft that went o heavy. Why not grab more picks? Lots of good edge and cbs on the board yet.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Sab0921 posted:

Someone please tell me how to feel about the Texans trading two firsts and a second for DeShaun Watson.

It was a really stupid move made out of utter despair and desperation

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gatts posted:

2010-2011 was the last time the Browns had less than two first round picks in consecutive years.

The Browns have had more first round picks since the end of the 2014-2015 season than wins (including the preseason).

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 28, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sab0921 posted:

E: I guess Nuk Hopkins and JJ Watt thought this was cool, so good I guess?

Worried, but less worried than KC fans? Watson also probably won't be all that good, but his floor is higher than Mahomes.

We should both get used to these comparisons, because we'll be making them a lot over the next few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the only acceptable solutions for the bears at quarterback are:

1. get orton out of retirement
2. trade for trevor siemian
3. hold out for two years, draft clayton thorson

• Locked thread