Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

mcmagic posted:

Character issues and people still don't love drafting RB's very early.

Two RBs in the top 8 my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Doltos posted:

I always bring this up but once I got to do a video call with a professor of exercise science from Stanford and he ripped apart sports science

its bunkum

wow I never would have guessed from the impression I got from everyone I ever met that was majoring in it

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ehud posted:

Dolphins needed a pass rusher and the Internet says we took the best one available at the time. Draft played out exactly as Armando predicted yesterday.

I guess we made the correct move :shrug:

I would have strongly preferred Rubens Foster but we aren't aware of his medicals so maybe he was DQ'd.

I'll take any pass rusher though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah that was fully sick

John Lynch might know what he's doing after all!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I liked this part of the Tanier article that Kalli linked:

quote:

It can be tricky to figure out what direction the Chargers organization is heading in. For best results, do what the team's ownership does: Roll a six-sided die and consult the Chargers Random Decision Generator:

Roll 1: Move the organization from one of the most beautiful cities in the world into a rookie league baseball stadium on the outskirts of a city that will barely notice them.

Roll 2: Hire offense-oriented head coach Anthony Lynn while retaining coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, whose system is completely different.

Roll 3: Draft Pro Bowl-caliber pass-rusher to provide immediate help, then haggle over contract language until Thanksgiving.

Roll 4: Overpay for Russell Okung and write a book about it titled "The Curious Case of the Player with No Agent and the Franchise That Negotiates Against Itself."

Roll 5: Hire LaDainian Tomlinson to help the organization reconnect with a fanbase it just alienated.

Roll 6: Drafting defenders to fit Gus Bradley's vision is the new drafting defenders to fit John Pagano's vision!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

I always bring this up but once I got to do a video call with a professor of exercise science from Stanford and he ripped apart sports science

its bunkum

I was kidding, he's a Cook homer and I'm a Kamara homer

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Now that I'm sober, I... still am not thrilled about Watson

But it's disingenuous to say that the Brock trade was part of it. Brock was gone no matter what the Texans were doing after his halftime altercation with O'Brien

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

It's hard to get excited about a guy who's most discussed positives are "huge intangibles" and "proven winner"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He only lost three games in college :downs:

~the wind whispers Tebow's name in my ear~

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

Now that I'm sober, I... still am not thrilled about Watson

But it's disingenuous to say that the Brock trade was part of it. Brock was gone no matter what the Texans were doing after his halftime altercation with O'Brien

True but instead of cutting him they traded him along with a pick for nothing just to free up cap space for ~no one~

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

PrinceRandom posted:

It's hard to get excited about a guy who's most discussed positives are "huge intangibles" and "proven winner"

He has flaws but he isn't Manziel or Tebow, he clearly has ability.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Texans would have been better off leaving Brock as the 3rd string quarterback for the whole year and cutting him next off-season.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Waroduce posted:

I would have strongly preferred Rubens Foster but we aren't aware of his medicals so maybe he was DQ'd.

I'll take any pass rusher though

I don't think Miami is going to take headcase guys

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a screenshot of Mitch loving to kiss tiddies? He deleted it from his twitter

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Does anyone have a screenshot of Mitch loving to kiss tiddies? He deleted it from his twitter

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

I refuse to believe Twitter was around 6 years ago or that high schoolers were using it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/CMcCaffrey5/status/857984576429404163

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's so eandearingly simple, human and true as being a man that i approve of the Bears drafting him as a QB. Like what's to argue against kissing titties. There is no argument.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I liked this part of the Tanier article that Kalli linked:

Well that seems harsh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gatts posted:

It's so eandearingly simple, human and true as being a man that i approve of the Bears drafting him as a QB. Like what's to argue against kissing titties. There is no argument.

https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/857776488787173380

He already knows how to endear himself to Dumb Bears fans.

Keep in mind. This dude was like 3 or 4 when Payton died lmao.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

TheChirurgeon posted:

True but instead of cutting him they traded him along with a pick for nothing just to free up cap space for ~no one~

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Last year the Giants had Conklin and Leonard Floyd snaked from underneath them and had to settle on Apple. This year apparently the same thing happened.

Jordan Raanan posted:

Just like that, in a span of 30 or so minutes, the top of their draft board crumbled. Tight end O.J. Howard was selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the 19th overall pick. Offensive tackle Garett Bolles went to the Denver Broncos at No. 20. Linebacker Jarrad Davis landed with the Detroit Lions at 21. Back-to-back-to-back, three players the Giants coveted were gone.

At No. 23, they discussed the pick and dipped into the next level of prospects for Ole Miss tight end Evan Engram, ahead of Vanderbilt linebacker Zach Cunningham, who had his supporters in the room. It wasn’t ideal, even if general manager Jerry Reese provided his usual assessment of how the first round developed.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

:same:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Is there any chance of Cooper Kupp or Chris Godwin falling to the Ravens on 2nd round?

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 28, 2017

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is fine.

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/858012438117142528

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
johney ross

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The gently caress is going on over there?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/857776488787173380

He already knows how to endear himself to Dumb Bears fans.

Keep in mind. This dude was like 3 or 4 when Payton died lmao.

What was he supposed to say? "Yeah uhhh I sure loved Mushin Muhammad, that dude balled out."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

double post

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lmao Pace is about to fire the hell out of Fox after this year unless a miracle playoff season for Fox happens.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bigass Moth posted:

What was he supposed to say? "Yeah uhhh I sure loved Mushin Muhammad, that dude balled out."

Kyle Orton

Also, while I know we all poo poo hard on taking RBs early, I really like McCaffrey. I was always super impressed with him whenever I saw him out on the field

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Sex Cannon

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diva Cupcake posted:

Last year the Giants had Conklin and Leonard Floyd snaked from underneath them and had to settle on Apple. This year apparently the same thing happened.

Just like that Reese sat on his hands and didn't do anything to get talent he really wanted, again

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

quote:

As soon as Jacksonville submits the pick, Gettleman calls for all the assistant coaches to enter and the doors to be shut.

There are only three teams ahead of the Panthers, and it's time to narrow down the options for No. 8.

Gettleman tells the room three players are in discussion - LSU safety Jamal Adams, Alabama tight end O.J. Howard and Stanford running back Christian McCaffrey.

Before the draft began, rumors circulated that the Chargers were very interested in McCaffrey. This, coupled with how close the Panthers are to being on the clock, creates tension and silence in the room.

The Chargers submit their pick. It's Clemson wide receiver Mike Williams.

Before he can even breathe a sigh of relief, Gettleman tells the room, "We're going to go with McCaffrey."

The phone rings. Gettleman's executive administrator tells the room a team is interested in acquiring Carolina's pick. She is quickly instructed to tell them there will be no trade.

http://m.panthers.com/news/article-2/Inside-the-war-room-How-Carolina-arrived-at-McCaffrey/0970fc7e-fce2-4b19-bf5a-d6f21d1ef3bd

:suicide:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Imagine Cam throwing to Howard

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Doltos posted:

Just like that Reese sat on his hands and didn't do anything to get talent he really wanted, again
I'm actually kind of amazed at this fact. Reese has never traded down in 11 years?

quote:

His streaks remain intact. He has never traded (up or down) in the first round, and has never traded down in 72 times on the clock in his 11 drafts as general manager.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Why is this a problem? You guys have one of the 5 best TE's in the sport... McCaffrey could be really good.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

why would he not at least see what the trade was?

Actually it was probably the Chiefs so I'm glad they didn't move up 19 picks.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Keep in mind that Raanan was all over twitter claiming to have an inside look into the Giants plans before the draft and insisted repeatedly that they'd never draft Engram or Njoku.

He got played and is really bitter over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

mastershakeman posted:

I refuse to believe Twitter was around 6 years ago or that high schoolers were using it

I remember a Sprint commercial mentioning Twitter in like 2009-10.

I've seen Twitter accounts that were registered in 07 :stare:

• Locked thread