Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

MizPiz posted:

From CSPAM

it keeps getting better after that lol
[/quote]

Eh, this reads like an attempt at satire from someone who doesn't understand what satire is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I thought the soundtrack was pretty effective at anchoring - a reminder that this is our society about five minutes in the future, and not just some abstract hosed up setting.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Wizgot posted:

I recently started the book and read about three chapters, which were quite short. I had no idea there was a series until I googled the title. Just got done with all the episodes and I have to say, episode three messed me up the most. You all know why.

I'm not sure if I should finish the book or wait for season 2.

Season 1 finishes the story of the book, so you can just go ahead and read.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Any Toronto/Ontario goons know where the stoning scene was shot? It looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

I loved every episode of this season and I think Atwood's input all but guarantees the second season will be great as well.

Coronation Park in Oakville, apparently.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I want to know what the heck happened to the military.

Well, there was a war. Presumably most of the military stayed loyal to Gilead, which would probably nominally be the legal government, while some units (including the majority of Hawaiian and Alaskan troops) stayed loyal and fought.

I think there's some implication that nukes were used? It's not super clear.

• Locked thread