Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So I gotta ask, does the story have some cathartic moments to keep it from being 100% depressing or is it a slog through the depths of humanity all the way through? I don't need to see Offred pick up a gun and start mowing down every man she sees(though I wouldn't be opposed to it either) but a few good moments would be enough to get me through the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just got to a pretty good scene this weeks episode, and yeah I think my fears were unfounded.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I liked the Aunt's scene in this episode. As cruel and terrible as she is, she really does believe in and take pride in the system and is pretty upset that the disfigured handmaids are forced to sit out and not be honored at the dinner (an entire tray of dessert!) None of the characters are just cartoonishly evil for the sake of evil and it makes the story a lot more terrifying as a result.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I don't take personal offense at someone not liking something I like or "watching TV wrong" and neither should you. Not everyone is going to like everything you like, and that's ok.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
You must have autism if you do not agree with my opinions and prefer books to the clearly superior televison format. There's simply no other explanation for someone not sharing my objectively correct opinions.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

FourLeaf posted:

This is so strange. I thought I was implying that each form of media has pros and cons, and making a blanket statement about books being better didn't make much sense. But apparently I was the person saying one is inherently superior all along

I was referring to Precision's post equating not liking the way television handles characterization to a learning disability there at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Jesus that brothel was terrifying. That bit about them collecting women like ceo's, journalists, and professors made me feel sick. I can agree that it's getting pretty male centric, but I think they're just trying to give everyone an episode of development right now. I think it'll get better once we get a bit further in.

• Locked thread