Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
I recently started the book and read about three chapters, which were quite short. I had no idea there was a series until I googled the title. Just got done with all the episodes and I have to say, episode three messed me up the most. You all know why.

I'm not sure if I should finish the book or wait for season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

I want to know more about the war, how congress was eliminated. Maybe they could do a whole season based on the plot to kill congress.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

Would this be a good show to recommend to a femmenist?

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

I don't think the showrunners assume that the audience are stupid, rather that they're doing the absolute most to ensure that the audience takes away one specific message (based on the scene or storyline), which seems a bit egregious and unnecessary given the source material and themes at hand here.

They're also pretty inconsistent with how strictly Offred is held to the handmaid rules inside or outside the Waterford residence but that just might be sloppy mistakes or things done for plot convenience.

One of the main things I hate about some shows is that they dumb down their plot line because they don't think the audience will get it. I didn't feel this way for this series.

• Locked thread