Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I liked that they subverted our expectation that an outdoorsman hunter rural shitkicker would be on the side of Gilead and rat them out.

"It's hosed up."

It makes sense to me. A New England outdoorsman type might also be really libertarian, and horrified by Gilead for those reasons. "Live Free or Die" and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I don't think Gilead is genociding black people. They're more cultural supremacists...they "tolerate" nonwhite people as long as they conform absolutely to white values.

The reference is probably more Stolen Generation. There will be black handmaids, but their children are raised by white people and retain no black identity. It's cultural genocide.

Though they're obviously in the regular-genocide business with Jews, Muslims, gay people, etc. So it's not like they're above that.

• Locked thread