Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/abcinematk/status/857671506851241985

This poster is succinct and accurate.

Show is intense as hell, and all of the actors are great, Peggy and Rory especially. The end of that third episode :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Popular Human posted:

So when it says "new episodes every Wednesday", does that mean we'll get three more eps next week?

Probably be one episode per week for the next seven weeks. 10 episodes total.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Did they explain why Offred's best friend was also designated a hand maid when she clearly never had a child? Or do they indoctrinate the Marthas alongside the hand maids?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Given how valuable a fertile handmaid is, maybe The only reason Offglenn was not executed was because she was proven to have previously given birth to a healthy child?

As opposed to Offred's friend (her name was Moira I think?) who had no such history of childbirth and was then sent off to die instead of getting a second chance, so to speak.

Although honestly I'm hoping one-eye's story was incorrect and Moira did not meet such a fate. Not sure if that'd be better or worse for her, however...

Edit:

Le Saboteur posted:

Also the interrogator in episode 3 is a godawful actor. It's really jarring in a show with such a solid cast.

I actually liked it. He sounded uncomfortable and awkward, because the subject matter made him feel that way, especially addressing it to a room with nothing but women.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 29, 2017

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

veni veni veni posted:

Was that guy she ran over a man or a watermelon?

Cars do strange things to people when they run over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

That episode gave me Last of Us vibes and that was a good thing.

I couldn't tell because it happened so fast, was the husband and mute the only ones who made it onto the boat? I did see Zoe get shot up :(

• Locked thread