Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

precision posted:

This isn't my favorite show - it's not even my favorite show this year (that would be Patriot)

You sound like you think I was coming off as a dick, and I'm not meaning to. I'm just trying to get you both to think a bit harder about what you're saying. It's much more rewarding to figure things out for yourself!

For starters, only one song was used in a way that was arguably about "empowerment" - it's pretty odd to base the entire argument against the song choices on that one incident. "Waiting For Something" is not a happy song.

You do come off a bit of a cock, as well you know.

I dont mind the use of contemporary music to punctuate the drama, I think it provides a pleasingly jarring juxtaposition to the austere context of the story, but I can definitely see how the Reservoir Dogs stroll at the end of the last episode might be a little on the nose to some people, though that at least reflected Offred's current state of mind, so it was cool to me.

What wasnt cool were the slow-motion histrionics at the stoning, that poo poo was just insulting to the intelligence.

The thing that irritated me the most, in this show that I really love, and irritated me more than anything from any show I've watched this year, was the constant burbling radio chatter whenever a goon was in view, god that wore out quick. Talk about not trusting your audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread