Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So what was that scene? Is he helping other people escape now or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I feel like this could definitely spring out of one of those Calvinist New England Christian sects where they decide that they must have been saved by Jesus because they are rich and everyone else must be damned because they are poor and also do gross things like have sex with each other.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ego-bot posted:

There have also been some black guards walking around. It's kind of hard to picture a reactionary rightwing government that's not racist, but I guess Fred Phelps was a civil rights lawyer.

A lot of racists claim they have no problem with black people, they just want them to be in their own country.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That was weird.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe they are recruiting guys who aren't all the successful. If someone is living a mediocre life, it's easy to get them if you say "This world is doomed but I'm going to make it better. You'll be near the top in my new society, and you can recruit other people." If that person is already rich and powerful, they aren't going to want to risk changing things.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The bible doesn't say "here is Dr. Epstein, my fertility doctor, he will create some embryos for us and then we'll implant them in a surrogate." it specifically says that Jacob bones Rachel's handmaid, so that's what they do in Gilead.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Well this is clearly a TV show and not a miniseries, so I'm guessing they have to stretch everything out. I don't know how far along in the book we are or whatever, but they still have to fill at least another season. They can't end everything now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What kind of spill is it? I don't think MOPP4 protects against nuclear.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

withak posted:

A wizard did it.

I guess I'll just check it out with my wizard eyes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It was kind of sad when Mrs. Waterford brought up scrabble and the guy brings up the law and she says "I know, I helped write it." But she's terrible, so that wore off pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I found out that Elizabeth Moss is a scientologist, gross.

• Locked thread