Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

COMRADES posted:

It's hilarious that as soon as you do anything to gently caress with rich people the hammer drops brutally but lol scam poor people for years and years and years and nothing happens to you.

Scamming poor people is how most manage to get rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

What is capitalism

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

And circle gets the square.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

get that OUT of my face posted:

aw, no fyre festival next year :(

What are we waiting for? There's clearly a void to be filled.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

my favorite thing pointed out about the fyre festival was that there were 300 people staffing the whole thing. your average major league baseball game has way more than 300 people working in the stadium every game

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

my favorite thing pointed out about the fyre festival was that there were 300 people staffing the whole thing. your average major league baseball game has way more than 300 people working in the stadium every game

I feel like there's a huge attendance difference between FF and an MLB game? More people require more staff

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

quote:

What are we waiting for? There's clearly a void to be filled.

A WatR Fest!

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I also think they played a game with the advertised price vs what people really paid.

Like sure they said they had 1000000000 dollar tickets but i bet they told everyone we ll give you a discount.

The fact they didnt rent the stage pay the bands, pocketed the money and let the thing go down in flames, is a great source of comedy.

But its hard to prove criminal intent vs incompetence, Thats why the altered documents are what he is getting charged with.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Blue Train posted:

Those are some goony mfs

http://i.imgur.com/5WmsgD8.mp4

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Lamebot posted:

Don't you guys also have anti-speech laws criminalizing discussion of said camps? lol

Sort of. They make it illegal for doctors who work in the camps to speak about conditions in those camps for "national security" reasons

hosed up either way

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Syd Midnight posted:

Well it's about time. Guitars that double as synth triggers have been around since the 60s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtUrpzkfeuI

never caught on but you could bypass the analog synth and use it as a midi controller with a little modification

Jerry Garcia had a midi controller built into a few of his guitars, and used a separate controller before that.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Can't wait to see the dude's face when he hears the JaRuling.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Is there an exception to the "don't snitch" principle for taking down rich white guys?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ruleyork/status/871033819880620037

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It's happening again!

This time for a $75 pizza

https://twitter.com/chipshannon/status/906612198520352768

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Ahaha yesssss

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

hahahahaha

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Who's dumb enough to pay money for a cheese pizza?

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Who's dumb enough to pay $75 for cheese pizza in Brooklyn? I could have gorged myself on amazing pizza for days and not spent that much and I'm a dumb tourist.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'm very excited to see the pizza fest

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The same guy pulled the same exact poo poo LAST YEAR with an African food festival that was also a disaster

http://gothamist.com/2016/08/15/nyc_african_food_fest_fubar.php

More on pizza fest here

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
All food festivals are a scam. pay an entrance fee to come into this fenced off area so you can pay more money to buy some food like some kind of got dang idiot

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Here's a consumerist article about it:

https://consumerist.com/2017/09/12/people-paid-75-to-receive-sad-cold-tiny-slices-at-fyre-festival-of-pizza/

People Paid $75 To Receive Sad, Cold, Tiny Slices At ‘Fyre Festival Of Pizza’

quote:

When you pay in advance for tickets to a food festival, you expect an event that serves large quantities of said food, right? Yet people who bought tickets to pizza and burger festivals held in Brooklyn on Saturday found tiny and cold slices of pizza, warm drinks, and a long wait before they could even get to that subpar food.

The festival, Gothamist recounts, was promoted as “a day-long celebration of the dough, cheese, tasty sauces and delicious toppings” of pizza.

That’s not what festival-goers found after they waited for over an hour for admission, even if they had $75 “VIP” tickets. One VIP guest told Gothamist that he got seven slivers of cold cheese pizza and cold onion pizza that were equal to maybe one normal slice. That’s better than no pizza at all, but not worth the $150 that he paid for two tickets.

“3pm start and they haven’t even open[ed] yet,” one festival-goer posted on the event’s Facebook page at 3:38 P.M. “Vendors aren’t set up, people lined up around the corner for an hour. Poorly run event.”

What Burgers?

Worse, the organizers also sold tickets to a “burger festival” on the same site at the same time. Yet people there for burgers said that they had a lengthy wait… and weren’t allowed to pick up a few slivers of pizza in the interim.

A co-founder of the venue, an outdoor event space called Hangry Garden, told Gothamist that he hadn’t worked with the festival organizers before, but that the event seemed legit.

“We’d never worked with these guys before but we saw the response they got on Facebook, which was tremendous, 30,000 interested people. We didn’t think this was going to be a subpar event,” he told the site. Then the organizers said they wouldn’t be able to pay the full fee, and other things didn’t seem right as the event date approached.

Hangry Garden made a Facebook post denying any involvement in the disaster that was about to happen.

There were some other things that didn’t add up on the tickets, as well. For example, food festivals like this usually name the vendors on the site or on the ticket purchase site, since that benefits the festival and raises the profile of the pizzeria. This festival didn’t.

“The Fyre Festival of pizza”

While this isn’t the same as the 100% fake food festivals that we’ve warned readers about in the past since there was some food served, attendees say it definitely wasn’t as advertised.

Guests made inevitable comparisons to the Fyre Festival, an event that was supposed to be a high-end music festival experience with luxury accommodations and gourmet food, but ended with guests who had paid hundreds or thousands of dollars in disaster relief tents picking at slices of cheese on bread.

Disappointed festival-goers are now organizing on a Facebook group for pizza and burger justice. There’s talk of a lawsuit, but one ticket vendor has been simply refunding customers.

Gothamist speculates that the festival organizer may have been behind a similarly terrible African food festival last year.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Youre just not a legend mannnnn

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

quote:

"It was my girlfriend's birthday so I got the VIP tickets, so I spent $150 total for the two tickets," Burke told Gothamist. "There's three pop-up tents to my left, one where they're taking cold pizzas out of delivery boxes and cutting them. Those pictures don't do it justice, because they look like they're normal-sized plates but they're actually cake-sized, like what you'd use for cake at a children's birthday party. They're small, tiny little slivers of pizza."

lmao I only wish this guy had been scammed out of more. $150 for pizza. Way to blame your girlfriend too, dick.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

This "news" is literally months old.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is this the pizzagate everybody talked about?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
what kind of idiot pays $75 for a pizza festival. Just go to your local place and buy a pie for $20 jesus christ

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Navin Johnson posted:

This "news" is literally months old.

Weird because I'm pretty sure the pizza festival was this past weekend.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Paying $75 to be herded into the only place in New York where delicious pizza isn't *exploding brain image*

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i support anyone who defrauds people who are willing to pay $75 for a pizza festival.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 12, 2017

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Someone should have set up a lawn chair outside the fence line and ordered dominos to taunt the idiots.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
This is the guy who keeps scamming dumb New Yorkers:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ishmael-osekre-2172016/

Education lists Columbia AND Harvard. He knows what he's doing.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 12, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
that guy owns

post on instagram/facebook about x food event of the year, charge $100, technically deliver something pocket $99 and laugh all the way to the bank as you repeat it next month

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Xaris posted:

that guy owns

post on instagram/facebook about x food event of the year, charge $100, technically deliver something pocket $99 and laugh all the way to the bank as you repeat it next month

Best part is he's probably legally in the clear and will be doing more events. It's not a scam in the legal sense since pizza WAS provided and all info was vague on purpose. No one can stop someone from charging a bunch of money for a small slice of lovely pizza. People are just too dumb to buy $150 tickets with no info on them and which don't say exact things like "this ticket will grant you 10 free slices and also get you X Y and Z at the event". They just see VIP access! and throw money at it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

fruit on the bottom posted:

Weird because I'm pretty sure the pizza festival was this past weekend.

Sometimes when you rush to be an insufferable rear end in a top hat you trip yourself up.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Rad Russian posted:

This is the guy who keeps scamming dumb New Yorkers:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ishmael-osekre-2172016/

Education lists Columbia AND Harvard. He knows what he's doing.

He learned how to scam people based on false pretenses and perceived notions of grandeur from the best.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Just gonna post real quick bout my $400 sunglasses and VIP passes to the pizza parking lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Just gonna post real quick bout my $400 sunglasses and VIP passes to the pizza parking lot

How was the cold slice of totino's? Did it pair well with the warm pepsi?

• Locked thread