Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

If you got the $400 pledge with the lifetime subscription you wouldn't have to worry about that.

when has any MMO had a lifetime subscription and lasted longer than the subscription was worth though? never mind the near certainty it'll go F2P

you're better than lethality, don't stoop to his level of spending big people money on dead-before-arrival games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Good Dumplings posted:

when has any MMO had a lifetime subscription and lasted longer than the subscription was worth though? never mind the near certainty it'll go F2P

you're better than lethality, don't stoop to his level of spending big people money on dead-before-arrival games

Does Star Trek Online count?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

If you got the $400 pledge with the lifetime subscription you wouldn't have to worry about that.

holy motherfuckin poo poo, is that a thing? imagine the horror and turmoil once this becomes FTP in like 3 months after they officially release it

off topic: theres this thing called revelation online with flying anime toons. installing atm

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 11:23 on May 3, 2017

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Does Star Trek Online count?

does it still do subscription only or is there some kind of plex/F2P system? I don't recall it being pure subscription

like for this $400 cash fire to be worth it the game would have to be subscription-only for 2.5 years, no plex and no free mode. and assuming you would've subscribed that whole time, since some goons just sub/unsub when they want to take a break from a game

Mr. Pickles posted:

holy motherfuckin poo poo, is that a thing? imagine the horror and turmoil once this becomes FTP in like 3 months after they officially release it

off topic: theres this thing called revelation online with flying anime toons. installing atm

it's been a thing for the past 10 years or so yeah, most games expecting to fold/go free in like a year do lifetime subscriptions. also :h5:, RO is p. cool outside of the horrifying endgame grind

Good Dumplings fucked around with this message at 11:20 on May 3, 2017

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Good Dumplings posted:

when has any MMO had a lifetime subscription and lasted longer than the subscription was worth though?

afaik the lotro lifetime subs are still getting value for their money, and will continue to do so for a good long while. that one may be "f2p" now but in reality its still a sub game, if not one with mandatory not-so-micro transactions

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Good Dumplings posted:

does it still do subscription only or is there some kind of plex/F2P system? I don't recall it being pure subscription

like for this $400 cash fire to be worth it the game would have to be subscription-only for 2.5 years, no plex and no free mode. and assuming you would've subscribed that whole time, since some goons just sub/unsub when they want to take a break from a game

it's been a thing for the past 10 years or so yeah, most games expecting to fold/go free in like a year do lifetime subscriptions. also :h5:, RO is p. cool outside of the horrifying endgame grind

Well I did the math really quick, STO was released in February 2010. If you ordered the lifetime sub when it was discounted at $249.99 you had 17 months to enjoy the full length of the costs of regular sub of $14.95 a month. July 2011 is the point the lifetime sub paid for itself. It didn't hit F2P until January 2012.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Well I did the math really quick, STO was released in February 2010. If you ordered the lifetime sub when it was discounted at $249.99 you had 17 months to enjoy the full length of the costs of regular sub of $14.95 a month. July 2011 is the point the lifetime sub paid for itself. It didn't hit F2P until January 2012.

those are really bad odds but they're nonzero, so I'll take it

Alex please tell me there's no larger tiers. failing that please tell me you're not going to spend more than $400 on a MMO kickstarter by a known pyramid schemer

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If noted heralds of ruin like Alexander and Lethality weren't enough to convince you that this is a great investment, knowing that the CEO is literally a MLM scammer will. Also the staff being composed of nothing but artists and designers from a failed MMO that died before its first trimester. Also that they are loving lacking a massive number of programmers, both from a gameplay and networking perspective.

Its foolproof. Give them all your money!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Holy poo poo its like designing 101

Designer "Lets do this and this and that! Its going to be great!"

Artist "I can picture it now, its going to be great! Look how awesome it'll look!"

Engineer/Programmer "Holy poo poo you guys hold on what you are asking for is impossible!"

Good CEO/PM "OK, lets tone things down a little before we let PR get a hold of it. Cant let expectations get out of control"

Bad CEO/PM "No business in selling reality, we selling dreams. Go hog wild!"

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
The biggest red flag with this is that UE4 is an engine ->>not built by default for mmo-scale things<<-

It requires:
1. Rewrite of client netcode interfaces to phase characters in/out in an mmo context, instead of loading ALL things on game load
2. Custom server (the default UE4 server even in-cluster has trouble with > 200 clients), since the precision is so high because it's made for shooter games, not cell-movement MMOs.
3. Rewrite of client level streaming and coordinate system to allow for less precision and more space.

You need SE for these things if you want them to not gently caress up in an MMO context.

Blade & Soul was UE3, and they just said gently caress it we're instancing every map with zone loads, and running several "channels" aka servers to handle it.

This is gonna be a train wreck and I can't wait!

e: Source, I'm an ECPE, and have been working with UE4 for 2 years, and am pretty drat familiar with the internals :tinfoil:

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 3, 2017

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

they could go full retardstar citizen and post a devblog at some point saying "gently caress it, we gun use that money to modify the game engine from scratch to suit our needs for YOUR DREAM GAME", then even proceed to swap to another engine, or some poo poo. since the SC guys already did it, its bound to happen again.

excuse the tech jargon

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Pickles posted:

they could go full retardstar citizen and post a devblog at some point saying "gently caress it, we gun use that money to modify the game engine from scratch to suit our needs for YOUR DREAM GAME", then even proceed to swap to another engine, or some poo poo. since the SC guys already did it, its bound to happen again.

excuse the tech jargon

The UE4 client is good for an MMO, don't get me wrong, but you have to rip out the netcode that was designed for a shooter game :smith:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

this should be on the top of their to-do list :P

Good Dumplings posted:

:h5:, RO is p. cool outside of the horrifying endgame grind

if the flight model is anything like the archeage glider gameplay, this should be fun

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 3, 2017

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Pickles posted:

this should be on the top of their to-do list :P

In an MMO context, the first thing you should be doing - and this is touted repeatedly by every successful MMO team ever in their dev blogs:

write a hurricane proof server architecture and netcode suite

The netcode / server arch is the foundation upon which you build your MMO house. If the foundation sucks, the whole McMansion, though flashy, will just crumble

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

well I don't follow devblogs but what you are saying is 20/20

i m just over here laughing at this kickstarter

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I see three problems:

1) There isn't really anything new or novel this game is doing to make it stand point from a number of poop tier MMO startups. The classes are generic, the ideas are pretty generic, I don't really see a "hook"

2) "Flagging" PVP is just PVE. The incentives to PVP have to be absolutely overwhelming or 99% of players will avoid it. You have to force people into conflict against their will, al-la ArcheAge oceans by really using a carrot on the stick. Otherwise people will just choose safety. This is a prime reason why PVP in Black Desert fails.

3) UE4, as FireWhizzle has already pointed out, is really really good for making games pretty, but really bad for supporting large numbers of players in the same area. The alternative is heavy instancing, which makes MMOs intrinsically flawed and bad, or switching to a different engine. Gutting the netcode with such a small team and small budget is unlikely.

Having said that, it's a serious MMO famine atm so I will follow it anyway :wooper:

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Don't worry my man I am not worried about it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

FireWhizzle posted:

In an MMO context, the first thing you should be doing - and this is touted repeatedly by every successful MMO team ever in their dev blogs:

write a hurricane proof server architecture and netcode suite

The netcode / server arch is the foundation upon which you build your MMO house. If the foundation sucks, the whole McMansion, though flashy, will just crumble

I agree whole-heartedly with this, and I believe this is one of the things that actually has kept World of Warcraft popular for so long. Its netcode is pretty good in just about any environment. Playing on low ping? High ping? loving dial up? You're mostly fine (except for capital cities on dial up, I guess). They even have movement partially clientside somehow without speed hacks being an issue, so you don't get jittery lag-step animations like most MMOs, everything stays fluid on your screen so you don't really notice it unless you have like a full second of lag.

It makes it just "feel" better than most MMOs, even though it is old as poo poo at this point.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Oops

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Zaodai posted:

I agree whole-heartedly with this, and I believe this is one of the things that actually has kept World of Warcraft popular for so long. Its netcode is pretty good in just about any environment. Playing on low ping? High ping? loving dial up? You're mostly fine (except for capital cities on dial up, I guess). They even have movement partially clientside somehow without speed hacks being an issue, so you don't get jittery lag-step animations like most MMOs, everything stays fluid on your screen so you don't really notice it unless you have like a full second of lag.

It makes it just "feel" better than most MMOs, even though it is old as poo poo at this point.

This also translates into PVE and PVP as well: I stand by the opinion that after being out for 14 years, WoW still has some of the most fluid combat animations I've ever seen in an MMO. It makes it a joy to play, visually.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Zaodai posted:

in the mmo genre is seems there were ever only2 options to choose from: wow themepark or eve sandbox

excluding everyones nostalgia weakspot of course, be it UO, MUDs or whatever

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Mr. Pickles posted:

in the mmo genre is seems there were ever only2 options to choose from: wow themepark or eve sandbox

excluding everyones nostalgia weakspot of course, be it UO, MUDs or whatever

No.

Pre-CU SWG was a diamond in the rough, and there was nothing like it out there. And there hasn't been since.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

u know I'm right :P

Eve seemed more appealing to me at the time so I didn't play SWG (i dont care for the franchise that much). I remember people comparing matrix online with the good old SWG quite favorably though, perhaps that title was the only one to ever come close

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Matrix Online was a hilarious shitheap. I don't know how anyone played that on release. Then again, I didn't play SWG, so if there was a favorable comparison I wouldn't know it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
My entire experience with The Matrix Online was travelling on the subway in game with my then college roommate, trying to find the best combination of sunglasses versus leather trenchcoat.

I'm not sure if there was an actual game beyond that.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

On release, the combat was this weird turn based rock-paper-scissors system. Not an abstracted one like the weapon triangle from Fire Emblem or something, but actual Rock Paper Scissors against the various enemies. I think it went standard tab-targeted later? I couldn't really get into it. It was cool as a premise but it felt very much like a mid 90's MMO.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I think the Matrix Online was from the era of EQ engine McMMOs from SOE.

Essentially they took the EQ engine and modded it for all their games and just kept printing hoping one would stick. SWG iirc was partially an EQ McMMO with heavy modding. I haven't ripped up SWG's game files so idk

Zaodai posted:

So WoW is in it's own special realm here to be fair. WoW is one of the few client-trusted MMOs, but they have a really loving good warden subprogram to track sketchy activity, and a warden on the server side that scans user data for things that look out of whack. They are able to do this for a few reasons, primarily that trusting a client in WoW, then having that client do something bad can't really permanently gently caress up the game, since the game is designed in a certain way. That and they have very good tools for tracing/removing illicit game states. Other online games that have much more at stake - e.g. BDO, can't really do this because of the node-war/crystal destroy system to name a few. Thus, BDO had issues with it's double-handshake-ball-tug-reacharound secure netcode at first, essentially DDOSing themselves into the ground before removing some of the constant updates like karma pings.

In fact, here is blizzard watching the state of the servers at all times. I guarantee there is a set of these with a maintenance-QA staff approving autoban requests:

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 3, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bookmarking a kickstarter trainwreck thread.

Maximum lols if you gave these people money.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

FireWhizzle posted:

I think the Matrix Online was from the era of EQ engine McMMOs from SOE.

Essentially they took the EQ engine and modded it for all their games and just kept printing hoping one would stick. SWG iirc was partially an EQ McMMO with heavy modding. I haven't ripped up SWG's game files so idk

So WoW is in it's own special realm here to be fair. WoW is one of the few client-trusted MMOs, but they have a really loving good warden subprogram to track sketchy activity, and a warden on the server side that scans user data for things that look out of whack. They are able to do this for a few reasons, primarily that trusting a client in WoW, then having that client do something bad can't really permanently gently caress up the game, since the game is designed in a certain way. That and they have very good tools for tracing/removing illicit game states. Other online games that have much more at stake - e.g. BDO, can't really do this because of the node-war/crystal destroy system to name a few. Thus, BDO had issues with it's double-handshake-ball-tug-reacharound secure netcode at first, essentially DDOSing themselves into the ground before removing some of the constant updates like karma pings.

In fact, here is blizzard watching the state of the servers at all times. I guarantee there is a set of these with a maintenance-QA staff approving autoban requests:

Yeah, but it was in that realm on its own over a decade ago. Other people could approximate their system. They're not running lost tech from the Dark Age of Technology. It would be more expensive, of that I have no doubt. But it contributes to one of the reasons there hasn't been a true "WoW-killer" despite all the new MMOs that have puffed out their chest and made that claim before being kicked off a bridge.

I've played WoW since Vanilla Beta, and I can recall precisely one time I've seen a hacker first hand. And he mysteriously disappeared (I am assuming banned, but cannot confirm) within like two hours, for using a speed hack on his priest in battlegrounds.

It's not that people couldn't make an MMO that truly surpasses WoW. It's that everybody wants to do it on the cheap. That's why I laugh at this game for having a paltry $750k as their funding goal. A $750k MMO is going to be poo poo. There are bootleg chinese knockoff MMOs with bigger budgets than that.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
New Thread Title: Ashes of Creation - $750k Dollar Menu McMMO FOR LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

FireWhizzle posted:

The biggest red flag with this is that UE4 is an engine ->>not built by default for mmo-scale things<<-

It requires:
1. Rewrite of client netcode interfaces to phase characters in/out in an mmo context, instead of loading ALL things on game load
2. Custom server (the default UE4 server even in-cluster has trouble with > 200 clients), since the precision is so high because it's made for shooter games, not cell-movement MMOs.
3. Rewrite of client level streaming and coordinate system to allow for less precision and more space.

You need SE for these things if you want them to not gently caress up in an MMO context.

Blade & Soul was UE3, and they just said gently caress it we're instancing every map with zone loads, and running several "channels" aka servers to handle it.

This is gonna be a train wreck and I can't wait!

e: Source, I'm an ECPE, and have been working with UE4 for 2 years, and am pretty drat familiar with the internals :tinfoil:

:same:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

big nipples big life posted:

Bookmarking a kickstarter trainwreck thread.

Maximum lols if you gave these people money.

$750K and rising of money that fools deserve to be parted from.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Kickstarter Campaign posted:

Ashes of Creation

Ashes of Creation is a new MMORPG that aims to bring the Massive back to Massively Multiplayer. It takes everything we love about the genre and brings it boldly into the future as a truly next generation title. We’ve all wanted a world that lives and breathes and reacts, where our decisions matter, where the world changes because of what we’ve done. Ashes of Creation is that game: The rebirth of the MMORPG.

Why Kickstarter?

We’ve got private backing that will allow us to produce a core viable product. Without you though, that’s what it will remain, minimally viable. What Kickstarter will allow us to do is expand our scope and give our team flexibility and room to breathe. To really give us the opportunity to create *exactly* what we want. Crowdfunding also allows us to connect directly with the players most invested in our success. We need your voices to help grow this community, and to keep us accountable to those who matter most, the players. Come help us bring MMOs into the future, and make the game I know all of us want to play. From the ashes, MMOs will rise again!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios/description

Kickstarter FAQ posted:

How can you build an MMO for $750k!?

This project is primarily self funded, and we’re dedicated to staying true to our vision and not being compromised. The core product can be delivered with our current capital and the crowdfunding goal. Going forward, we are dedicated to keeping our vision consistent with our philosophies and adding features whenever possible.

Unreal engine has helped greatly with this! Out of the box, UE4 is a graphically stunning engine, but most importantly UE4 provides us as the developers, the ability to modify the engine at the source code level. This has been a great help for us, since leveraging technology like this can save companies a lot of money in a big way.

We are beyond elated that you are reading this and share our vision! We believe the MMO genre can offer so much more, and be so much better to its players. We have a lot invested in the product, money, time, and a ton of effort with late nights. We have a ton of experience on our team with MMOs and we know how to tackle each hurdle.

What do the different alpha and beta phases mean?

We’ll be doing continual testing of our game until launch, alpha and beta are included in this plan. Alpha 1 will be our very first “closed” test, followed by Alpha 2, Beta 1 and Beta 2. They will take place in that order, but exact dates of each test aren’t available at this time. Alpha 2 will remain active in a persistent state till launch, then will become our Public Test Server. (If you have a key from our weekly drawings, those keys give access to our weekend NDA Alpha starting in Q4 2017)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios/faqs

Ashes of Creation Official Site FAQ posted:

Does the Unreal Engine work well with large scale users and MMOs?

Unreal Engine 4 is designed to create small, fully-functional projects right out of the box. Since an MMO is a literal culmination of every extreme in game design, one might, quite understandably, balk at the idea of using UE4 for such a project. Fortunately, UE4 is easily modified at a source code level to allow for custom or extensive divergences from the default, small project functionality. We have identified what we need to change – most notably, the network communication and level loading code – in order to get the gaming experience that is expected of a modern MMO
https://www.ashesofcreation.com/faq/

Steven_AoC posted:

Hey guys! I have read some of the posts about our referral program, as well as concern over my income from Multi-Level Marketing. I am personally one who strongly believes in transparency and want to be as involved in the community as possible! So I will give some input to this discussion. When I was 15 I started a Marketing business, trying to sell nutritional drinks using commercials on AM talk radio stations. This became very successful very quick, and when I turned 18 I decided to start working for a company called XanGo. I wasn't the "CEO" of XanGo as some people are saying, nor did I help create the company... I was just a normal sign up, and I created a website that, I used my marketing company to help promote and sell their juice and vitamins with.. By the time I was 20, I was selling a lot of the juice and vitamins, and rose to be one of the top sellers of the company. About 7 years ago I moved into investments and real estate, which is the source of a majority of my success. Many people consider the MLM industry to be a pyramid scheme, but there are actually good MLMs out there, that can provide people with good incomes. I was lucky to find a good one that had great products, and that allowed me at a young age to become successful enough to begin investing and buying real estate.

The referral program, is a system I designed for two purposes;
  1. It is a way to promote organic growth, growth that capitlizes on the social nature of our gaming community. Many companies in the gaming industry must spend millions to promote their game on websites, emailing campaigns, facebook, banner ads, magazines, commercials etc... All of that money goes to media.. Media that doesn't care about the game, just wants to reach a bottom line for revenue (in my opinion). Meanwhile this money that is being spent, could have been used on developing the game! So I wanted to find a way, to break that mold. By focusing on the social bonds of our community.
  2. Since I wanted to focus on using the community itself to drive growth for our game, it only seemed fair to share with the community in that growth. So I created a rewards system, that would allow for players to do 3 things; Play for free, Get unique virtual goods, and be rewarded with real cash. This stems from my desire to be inclusive in this development. If not for the referral program, this money would be going to corporations instead, and I just dont see why they should take something that the community is responsible for anyways!
Just to be clear.

Our referral system works the opposite of a pyramid. If you refer someone who spends $15 to play our game, you are rewarded with $2.25.

If they refer someone who spends $15 to play our game, they now only spend $12.75, which means you are now only rewarded with $1.91

This actually acts the opposite of a pyramid. And is not Multi-Level Marketing, because by definition it is only a single level.

Hope this clears this up for many of you, I am happy to chat more about any questions you have :)

Most importantly please remember, Ashes of Creation is a complete passion of mine, it is something I wake up and go to sleep thinking about non stop... My time as a gamer for 25 years is leading the designs in the game... Features I know resonate with so many others, and the team I have brought together can get it done, and done right.

<3
https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/68mbea/ashes_of_creation_kickerstater_begins_today_at/dh196tt/

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 3, 2017

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Hahaha holy poo poo, no wonder I saw so many referral links in the Kickstarter comments. :lol:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

So they'll pay you at some point in the future.

Also if your referrals get enough people you get paid 0 dollars.

Also they totally won't pretend that all your referrals signed up a bunch of people as a way to not pay you.

You'll definitely be able to track how many referrals your OWN referrals signed up to make sure this isn't happening.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Ashes of Creation: The Team posted:

Jeffrey Bard – Lead Game Designer

I’m the resident bard, a jack-of-all trades who wears a bunch of hats (even that one, sitting on your head, right now). I write lore and fix our internet when it needs fixing, troubleshoot the untroubleshootable, and make sure that our game actually runs when it doesn’t want to. But primarily, I’m working on making Ashes of Creation. I’ve been doing most of the scripting to get our core systems up and running, as well as carefully curating our lore and storylines. Game design is something I’ve been doing in one way or another since I was six, when I ran my first Dungeons and Dragons campaign. I’m all grown up now though, having worked on some amazing projects with some amazing people. That trend continues with Ashes of Creation and this group we have here at Intrepid Studios – the talent is off the charts, and I’m already amazed at everything we’ve built so far. I cannot wait to share this project with the world.

Jason Crawford – Technical Director

As Technical Director and principal engineer at Intrepid Studios, I am charged with overseeing the studio’s software development pipeline and the technical design of Ashes of Creation. With over 15 years in the entertainment software industry, I bring vast experience and leadership working in publishing, game design, quality assurance, software engineering, and e-commerce across a multitude of successful indie and major AAA game titles. I am passionate about role-playing games in general and am a regular player of MMOs, single-player JRPGs, and numerous variants of pen-and-paper RPGs. I also enjoy listening to and composing music, working on and customizing my car, building LEGO sets, collecting comic books and manga, and watching vintage and modern Japanese animation.

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 3, 2017

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
1 network engineer is the price for my 200bux

*sneers scrooge-mcduckly*

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
*sets a milkcrate down and squats on it* *warms hands over the tire fire*

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
There are true believers on their forums with great quotes like this:

quote:

Good lord, is this nonsense still going on?
Seriously, you people are nuts.
Accusing them of fraud based on zero evidence and pure speculation.

Get some fresh tinfoil, ya nutbars!

This is a reply to people continuing to ask where the engineers and programmers are on their team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ignorance is bliss, right up until you realize the house you're in is actually on fire like everybody was saying.