Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

frogge posted:

I heard 18-24 hours. The only thing I'm unsure on is whether I want to leave it on the counter or in the fridge while it steeps.

I do about 18 hours, counter top

If you fall in love (you will) get yourself a toddy it makes the draining so much easier its worth having as a unitasker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_AKGvPcDQo

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i use and aeropress and i'm pretty sure i'm putting in waaay too much ground coffee, but hey, guess what, the coffee is loving delicious and coffee in general is loving great.

1/2+1/2 plus a lil sugar

yum.

i'm literally drinking it right now!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

My buddy has an aero I've been meaning to try out.

It won't be too weird to show up at his place with my grinder and some beans would it?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

paul_soccer10 posted:

coffee thread

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I hated coffee until my second year of university gave me three straight 8 am classes.

No sugar. Just enough cream or milk to make it cool it enough to drink right away

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 29, 2017

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Coffee in my cup and coffee up my butt ✨👌✨

I am READY FOR ANYTHING

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

I hated coffee until my second year of university gave me three straight 8 am classes.

No sugar. Just enough cream or milk to make it cool it enough to drink right away

I dislike coffee but sometimes I have to get up early and I am tired. It is not fair to everyone else on the road to drive while tired so I slam some black coffee and sing sea shanties.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Cats shouldn't drink coffee imo garflied

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jeff smisek posted:

Cats shouldn't drink coffee imo garflied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_LJtG2gXSc

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Away all Goats posted:

You could be a degenerate like my dad and put an ice cube in it.

Also anyone who acts like keurigs are the worst thing ever is just a snob. The only bad part is the environmental stuff from the cups but :shrug: sometimes it's worth it just to have one cup and not use instant or carry one of those aeropress things around.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Switching to aeropress helped me cut down to just 2 mugs each morning. But if I'm on a long drive I still go through buckets of gas station joe.

SeXReX posted:

It won't be too weird to show up at his place with my grinder and some beans would it?

Of course not.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Oh no. There's a simple cold brew technique.

I cannot have this knowledge.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

rear end posted:

Sorry about your prepubescent taste buds.

that's not what I meant, something awful user rear end. It's relying on a stimulant to be awake which is bad.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

You could be a degenerate like my dad and put an ice cube in it.

Also anyone who acts like keurigs are the worst thing ever is just a snob. The only bad part is the environmental stuff from the cups but :shrug: sometimes it's worth it just to have one cup and not use instant or carry one of those aeropress things around.

Leaving the water to sit in the tank makes it lose oxygen and as a result brew janky coffee if you're going to make those kind of sacrifices in the name of convenience just gently caress off to the mcdonalds drive through for some mccafe

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Do they sell coffee carafes that pour a steady stream no matter how fast you pour? I have to be careful to not pour too fast or else the stream seems to latch onto the bottom of the carafe and spill.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

SeXReX posted:

Leaving the water to sit in the tank makes it lose oxygen and as a result brew janky coffee if you're going to make those kind of sacrifices in the name of convenience just gently caress off to the mcdonalds drive through for some mccafe

"Lose oxygen" come on, if you think you can taste a difference in oxygen levels it's purely in your head because you want to justify paying for your ultra rare beans harvested from a sacred volcano that only monks are allowed to harvest and ground with the finest diamond blades or whatever. Also you know you can just empty/refill the tank every day right?

Plus have you ever seen a mcdonalds drivethrough at breakfast times? I could brew like 10 mugs of keurig coffee in the time it would take me to even get to the speaker thing.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

If I'm emptying and refilling the tank every day it's not more convenient than using my kettle and pour over in the slightest

Though i guess since you can't taste three difference between fresh and stale water your taste buds wouldn't know the difference between coffee and hot water ran through rabbit pellets

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

SeXReX posted:

If I'm emptying and refilling the tank every day it's not more convenient than using my kettle and pour over in the slightest

Though i guess since you can't taste three difference between fresh and stale water your taste buds wouldn't know the difference between coffee and hot water ran through rabbit pellets

Maybe if you only drink one or two cups a day. I've had days where I have to refill the whole thing by the end of the day and that's just when I'm using it - sharing it with family or friends makes it even more likely.

I still say your "oxygen" stuff is snobby bullshit like the people who claim to taste apricot and vanilla notes or whatever in beer. It's coffee, who gives a poo poo. Give me folgers crystals or the most expensive cup of coffee you can buy, I'll enjoy both.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I'm not a coffee snob but Folgers crystals are really really bad.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I use instant espresso powder sometimes yeah

To add to frosting or baked goods why would you loving drink that crap cup it makes unless you hate yourself

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Never said it's as good as non-instant coffee, just that I am still capable of enjoying it, just like I am still capable of enjoying a steel reserve despite almost every other beer tasting better.

Again, it's just coffee. It doesn't always have to be some luxurious experience, sometimes you just don't care. At least even instant coffee is somewhat better than the stuff they serve on airplanes (though I rarely turn that down either).

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good morning, :coffee:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

If you're drinking coffee just for the caffeine take loving nodoze its easier and faster and you can accurately dose yourself

If you're drinking beer just for the buzz drink vodka through a straw so it never has to touch your tongue

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I tried a pourover method with a Chemex the other day when I got coffee and it was insanely good, not bitter in the least and I was actually able to taste the coffee.

Jokes aside there's something to be said for how you prepare coffee. Drip machines don't even compare.

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I really like Community Coffee atm and drink lots of it :kiddo:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

SeXReX posted:

If you're drinking coffee just for the caffeine take loving nodoze its easier and faster and you can accurately dose yourself

I don't really drink it for caffeine. I feel very little effect from it anymore and can easily go without it, I just like having it as an excuse to take a bunch of breaks from work and go sit in the coffee lounge. It's just something to do, but also I start to get antsy if I don't have something on hand to drink for extended periods of time whether it's coffee or water or whatever.

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

Organic Kosher Blue Mountain Mocha from the Swiss Alps

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

10kapp posted:

Organic Kosher Blue Mountain Mocha from the Swiss Alps

umm excuse me the blue mountains are in jamaica

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

ElectricSheep posted:

I tried a pourover method with a Chemex the other day when I got coffee and it was insanely good, not bitter in the least and I was actually able to taste the coffee.

Jokes aside there's something to be said for how you prepare coffee. Drip machines don't even compare.

Youre telling me coffee doesn't have to come with a rainbow oil slick floating on top and taste like a battery terminal?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

SeXReX posted:

Youre telling me coffee doesn't have to come with a rainbow oil slick floating on top and taste like a battery terminal?

You might as well just drink water if you're going to leave out the best parts.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I don't understand the demand for convenience with coffee. It's not that hard to make or get a hold of coffee so what does the small difference in time between using a keurig, aeropress or French press even matter? It's whatever taste you can appreciate best

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I get my coffee from a man inside a little coffee cart around the corner from where I work. I think he's Vietnamese and he gives me a jumbo size for the cost of a large.

Dunno how he brews his coffee but it's hot and wakes me up what more could you need

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

yeah I eat rear end posted:

umm excuse me the blue mountains are in jamaica

Organic Kosher Blue Mountain Mocha from Jamaica

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I drink instant coffee and like it a lot

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
the real blue mountains are in your heart

stump collector
May 28, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

I like coffee but only drink it on special occasions because I normally keep awake via self inflicted strikes to the nutsack.

:captainpop:

going to have to try this myself!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:sludgepal:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
honestly at this point i dont give a poo poo about quality, i just want as much caffeine as possible.

i have a keurig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Ex-wife took the Keurig and good riddance. Now I use an electric kettle and french press. Best drat coffee I've had in my own home. Going through a bag of Archer Farms organic coffee right now.

• Locked thread