Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kierrie
Jun 7, 2010
I'm brewing some coffee right now, and reading this thread. Good coffee comes from good beans and good roasting, after that it's pretty hard to gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.

Snatch Duster posted:

ground up and in my freezer

Your brand of trolling is my go-to. Like, if my blood pressure is dangerously low, I'll hit up a few SD (tm) posts and bingo bango bongo lookit me I hate this planet

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.
If you grind your coffee and freeze it, I don't mind. You do, however, have to answer to god.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I'm brewing coffee. I almost forgot about it. Thanks thread :thumbsup:

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
On Sundays I like to make a pot of extra strong dark roast and then I chill it and keep it in a carafe in my fridge so I can drink it every day without having to brew more every day. Mix it w some almond milk in a travel mug!!!!!!! :coffeecup: #coffee-mug

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
:siren: Update: day two of coffee in my cup and coffee up my butt. :siren:

I am now UNSTOPPABLE. I am clairvoyant and prescient. I know what you're going to say before you say it and I can HEAR. TIME. It sounds like my heartbeat. Only it couldn't be my heartbeat because hearts shouldn't beat that fast. There is nothing left for anyone here to do. I have triumphed over time, space, and sleep. I am the final evolution, the über mensch, the finest of the fuckmen.

Peace

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

b-minus1 posted:

i have a keurig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOugNisFgVo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i walked around the corner to my local donut shoppe (thats how its spelled) and got a large coffee with splenda and 2 donut holes and a coconut topped white frosting donut

:discourse:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

black double americano run through twice in a small cup

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I normally just drink a cup a day of fancy-pants instant (Mt. Hagen kinda sorta smells like coffee which is better than folger's burnt dirt) because it's convienent and I add cream and fake sugar anyway so who cares.

BUT yesterday the coffee lady at the fancy-pants coffee shop in the grocery store caught me looking at coffee and used my politeness/crippling social anxiety to pressure me into buying some fresh roasted beans on sale and I coarse ground it and put it my Presto electric percolator and now I can taste the coffee in my cup even with cream and fake sugar and my leg won't stop jittering up and down and I've broken out in a sweat and I'm getting another cup

COFFEE

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
moka pot with illy. but being a poor, it's more like lavazza or cafe bustelo. gabbagol.

lol @ the keurig users. i like my coffee to taste like chemicals.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I spend hours hand selecting beans before artisinally roasting them in my 19th century french whirlypop. I then meticulously grind them with a $2000 Burr grinder before doing a Japanese iced pour over method. Then I put it up my butt.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I like coffee.

I drink coffee out of a stein sometimes and its p cool I feel like I'm a medieval loser instead of a regular loser which makes me feel good :)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i like my coffee like i like my men

thrown out of a moving vehicle when cold

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
in my experience 7/11 reliably has better coffee than starbucks. they dont have the crazyass mixed coffee drinks but their regular black coffee doesnt taste like poo poo whereas starbuckss usually will

breaking bad really hit the nail on the head there. bitterness is the enemy of rich coffee flavor

pro tip: you can tell if the coffee is good or bad just by smelling a waft of it. you dont have to take a sip or pour a cup. if you cant do this or dont understand it you are retarded

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
if you get coffee from mcdonald's anytime after noon I hope you enjoy 2 hour old coffee which will be served to you by me

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im going to need about a million more coffees

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I think my cold brew was too strong. I haven't had this much energy in a long time.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

COFFEE!!!!
:henget:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
So what kind of roasts does everybody like? I like dark roasts 'cause they're smoother, but I'm not super-picky.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

folgers

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

This thread is the man who pitches a fit after Angelo Badalamenti served him coffee

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
I bought 711 store brand coffee grounds and im making em in a French press

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I live by myself and am too cheap to keep using a Keurig so I just make instant at home.

So I'm like the opposite of Three Olives.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Pththya-lyi posted:

So what kind of roasts does everybody like? I like dark roasts 'cause they're smoother, but I'm not super-picky.

Hell yea dark roasts are the bomb

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

yeah I eat rear end posted:

umm excuse me the blue mountains are in jamaica

and very low price too!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

frogge posted:

I think my cold brew was too strong. I haven't had this much energy in a long time.

No that's the right strength. Good cold brew should need to bee watered down.

cnut
May 3, 2016

I like that coffee where they pick the beans out of some animal's poo poo to make it with.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I use a french press because its easy. i use non dairy creamer, but sometimes ill use a coconut creamer.

I like regular coffee with cream and sugar. i put an ice cube to cool it down.

Idk it seems some people complicate it

cnut
May 3, 2016

cnut posted:

I like that coffee where they pick the beans out of some animal's poo poo to make it with.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Idk it seems some people complicate it

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
why do Americans call milk cream?

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
we recently got a chemex and it loving owns

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Jukeboxblues posted:

why do Americans call milk cream?

Because many people put actual cream in their coffee rather than milk.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

I can understand why people get so anal about coffee. I used to ignore all that wank about temperature and brew time and poo poo.
Then I got an aeropress, and decided to actually loving follow the instructions in the included manual. Like, 85 degree Celsius water, stir for 10 seconds then plunger for 20-30 seconds.
And I got some silky smooth mouth orgasm bullshit.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Egbert Souse posted:

Ex-wife took the Keurig and good riddance. Now I use an electric kettle and french press. Best drat coffee I've had in my own home. Going through a bag of Archer Farms organic coffee right now.

archer farms is a target brand that has all the other major companies make coffee for them lol

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

There Bias Two posted:

Because many people put actual cream in their coffee rather than milk.

That's retarded

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

kierrie posted:

I'm brewing some coffee right now, and reading this thread. Good coffee comes from good beans and good roasting, after that it's pretty hard to gently caress up.

check your grind size privilege

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Jukeboxblues posted:

That's retarded

You should try it, it's not bad.

• Locked thread