Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

What's the hot take on coffee enemas ?

Asking for a friend

The new trend is to first insert coffee beans up your rear end to ferment them before extraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

It took me forever to find a plastic cone for drip coffee. Because all of them now are mesh, attached to pots, both, or some other really stupid thing since drip coffee is having a comeback. The cheapest one I could find offline was like $24 at Walmart and it had a pot and mesh. I finally found one at Goodwill and now I have something to make coffee with better than the mason jars I was using for when guests come over.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

If you put anything other than honey (and maybe some vanilla ice cream if you're doing coffee as a desert) into your coffee then you should stop.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ElectricSheep posted:

I tried a pourover method with a Chemex the other day when I got coffee and it was insanely good, not bitter in the least and I was actually able to taste the coffee.

Jokes aside there's something to be said for how you prepare coffee. Drip machines don't even compare.

What's the difference between pourover and a good drip? They seem like they're essentially physically identical.

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
I wish you could get whole decaf coffee beans. I really like grinding beans up with my handheld coffee gadget but I try not to have more than two real coffees per day.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Fairly passive posted:

I wish you could get whole decaf coffee beans. I really like grinding beans up with my handheld coffee gadget but I try not to have more than two real coffees per day.

there is no such thing, the reason its alays grinds is cause its dirt someone whos piss smells like coffee pissed on

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
If I smell coffee or even think about my aeropress I have to take a dump, it's truly magical

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

If I smell coffee or even think about my aeropress I have to take a dump, it's truly magical

So it's like Pavlovian conditioning at this point.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Enjoy

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

thanks a lot guys >:/

I was thinking about getting a second aeropress to store at my desk at work but that would also require an electric kettle and I know people would end up hounding me to let them use it, so I'm kinda on the fence

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Fairly passive posted:

You can they sell them at costco. Also at Trader joes, but those taste like poo poo.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

thanks a lot guys >:/

I was thinking about getting a second aeropress to store at my desk at work but that would also require an electric kettle and I know people would end up hounding me to let them use it, so I'm kinda on the fence

If your work already supplies coffee in the break room then don't get a second one. If they don't you get to be the 'cool guy' that has coffee until management decides they'd like to supply it to their office drones.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

SeXReX posted:

anyone else regularly drink with coffee that your piss smells like coffee instead of piss?

This + honey nut Cheerios is a delightful experience

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The cheerio thing legit can be diabetes :siren:

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Nah I just eat mad Cheerios and drink coffee sometimes

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

That's good. Just wanted to get it out there :tipshat:

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Appreciated, the 'beetus isn't a laughing matter. I am always really thirsty and I was worried it was due to being Diabetic but apparently I'm just a thirsty boy.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Exact same. I drink a load of water, same diagnosis.
It's the way forward.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Appreciated, the 'beetus isn't a laughing matter. I am always really thirsty and I was worried it was due to being Diabetic but apparently I'm just a thirsty boy.
quench your thirst with a 2-liter of mountain dew. staying hydrated is staying healthy

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I'll have a crab juice thanks

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.

scrubs season six posted:

What's the difference between pourover and a good drip? They seem like they're essentially physically identical.

pourover doesn't need additional electricity. As long as you get hot water somehow. Great for camping.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Don't even THINK about talking to me until I've had my morning coffee heh heh

*SLLLUUURRRRPPPP*

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Is honey and coffee really a thing, or are those the ramblings of a mad man up there? ^^

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

ElGroucho posted:

Is honey and coffee really a thing, or are those the ramblings of a mad man up there? ^^

It's not uncommon in France and Spain.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Honey and coffee doesn't sound like a bad combination necessarily.

I've tried lemon coffee and I'm not a huge fan of that. Lemon and coffee don't mix very well.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
anybody looking for better decaf alternatives this rooibos tea is pretty tasty https://redespresso.com

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I've used honey before, but only when I run out of demerera sugar. It adds quite a noticeable taste to it I'm not a fan of.

One thing I liked though was tossing some walnuts in with the beans when I ground them.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

ElGroucho posted:

!? It's good.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Grevling posted:

Honey and coffee doesn't sound like a bad combination necessarily.

I've tried lemon coffee and I'm not a huge fan of that. Lemon and coffee don't mix very well.

lemon is good for when you add booze to coffee cause it tends to even stuff out more

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i've been using a stove top percolator, it's the best way to get that weird kind of burnt but simultaneously kind of watery gas station coffee taste at home

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

iSheep posted:

Don't even THINK about talking to me until I've had my morning coffee heh heh

*SLLLUUURRRRPPPP*

https://youtu.be/x5h2_eIzoYU

Blont even bloff bluh bluhhhhhhh

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
McDonald's coffee sucks poo poo

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Dunkin donuts coffee is just water and caramel coloring that they serve at 210 degrees so your taste buds will die on the first sip and you won't notice it's not really coffee

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Prince Reggie K posted:

pourover doesn't need additional electricity. As long as you get hot water somehow. Great for camping.

Yeah I think I can deal with the 12 cents of extra electricity cost.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Best place to get coffee on the road?
IMO McD's is trash and Sonic is good. Pilot/Love's travel centers always have coffee on tap but it's honestly low quality.
Twice Daily's are legit if you can find them. Thornton's is a good bet if you're in middle o' fuckin nowhere.

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

:coffeepal:

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

theres a will theres moe posted:

McDonald's coffee sucks poo poo

theres a will theres moe posted:

Dunkin donuts coffee is just water and caramel coloring that they serve at 210 degrees so your taste buds will die on the first sip and you won't notice it's not really coffee

I agree with both of these statements but still drink at least 2 Dunkin Donuts coffees a day and usually one McDonald's (I don't care what happens to me anymore)

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

The real reason to do pourover is that you don't have to do stuff like clean a coffee machine or deal with mold or roach infestations cause gently caress all of that when it's 6am and youre already going through caffeine withdrawals

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im drinking 2 day old tim hortons black coffee heated up in a microwave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED
I like my coffee like I like my women

Pale & sweet :3:

• Locked thread