Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I've long since moved away but in my MTG days I played in weekly tournaments in a store that was literally a block away from a maximum security prison. The store owner really only cared about baseball cards but hosted Magic tournaments because it was the only thing that brought in money; the clientele was mostly teenagers, but there was this one regular who looked exactly like Jay of Jay and Silent Bob and sometimes brought his wife and infant daughter along. We had occasional visits from a scalper who never played, just hawked overpriced cards or tried to pick up anything interesting that people got out of packs, and then there was the guy who ran the tournaments, who I think used to favorably seed himself and loudly talked about buying himself a Black Lotus for his birthday.

It was interesting times. These days my options are basically "board game shop that doesn't do RPGs or wargames," "go halfway across town to the tiny little place which nominally hosts tabletop stuff but has nowhere to sit" or "take an hour and a half bus ride and then walk another 30 minutes to the place that actually has regular gaming." Which is kind of weird given this is a much bigger city than the one that had the shop I mentioned before.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread