Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Being in an area that is packed with major colleges and universities, I have a smorgasbord of FLGS. I only really ever regularly go to one though, as it's the easiest to get to and also the nicest. I've been fortunate to make a number of friends in that store, actually, and found a surprisingly well-adjusted group of nerds during the last season of Adventurer's League, and I play with some of them outside the store now.

It's a well lit, sizeable place, with about 60% of its space devoted to comics and graphic novels, with a decent sized play area in the back. The rest is an even split between board games, RPGs (and accessories) and miniature games (minus 40k, weirdly. Theres another store nearby that pretty much dominates that scene). They host an FNM, plus a Saturday board game night, adventurers league, and a smattering of other things including comic making events and a monthly "queers in comics and gaming" night which I think is cool. They strive to make it as inclusive as possible and have a pretty diverse staff who are all pretty knowledgeable in their chosen hobbies.

They also do a pretty good job at running out the harmful weirdos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread