Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

So it took over four hours, and three of those hours were commercials. But Drew Pearson knocked it out of the park.

https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/status/858131172978720769

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Hooray the Packers drafted the corner they were going to draft anyway! And got an extra 4th out of it!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://youtu.be/0ttzrNFSEPw?t=326

^ lol

Also, Chiefs got Tanoh Kpassagnon(DE) and traded up to get Karemm Hunt(RB). I don't watch college football so.... is that good?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles doubled down on CB

alright by me

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Roger Goodell wiped a booger on a handicapped girl. This was a good night.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/858136468207882241

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Jags got some o-line help and another pass rusher, so that was good. Hopefully they are good players and not dog poo poo!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

^ lol

Also, Chiefs got Tanoh Kpassagnon(DE) and traded up to get Karemm Hunt(RB). I don't watch college football so.... is that good?

Can't claim to have watched him at all since he's an FCS school guy but I'm reading Kpassagnon is a physical freak who's kind of a project. Big, his frame has room to put on more weight, explosive, doesn't have a whole lot of technique. He's smart (accounting/finance double major) so he's already gotten some dumb 'does he care enough about football?' takes.

Hunt I remember kinda liking, but just for running through MAC defenses which a lot of people seem to do. According to the nfl.com stuff he's a zone blocking runner with good vision who can catch the ball, so if that's true he seems like a good fit.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 29, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
The Dallas Cowboys are the greatest team in the history of ever and I am drunk with power and life is wonderful and when should I expect the firing line:shepface:

Seriously though, so far I've got very little to complain about with the Cowboys. Their little gamble on DE 1st round, secondary 2nd round appears to have paid off.:shrug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Quick update on what the 49ers have done with the #2 overall pick, the pick they wanted to use to draft Solomon Thomas

- Solomon Thomas
- 111 overall
- 229 overall (from New Orleans, by trading Chicago's #67)

- 2018 2nd round pick (from New Orleans, by trading Chicago's #67)
- 2018 3rd round pick (from Chicago)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh good, Mahomes is going to wear #4. I'm sure will temper Kansas City fans expectations and help give them patience to let him sit without screaming for him every time Alex throws 2 yards down the field on third and 8.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Lynch has had a masterful draft so far I'm quite proud of the concussed former safety

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

So it took over four hours, and three of those hours were commercials. But Drew Pearson knocked it out of the park.

https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/status/858131172978720769

That is amazing. It made me like the Cowboys for a second.

Seahawks draft: :shrug:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami clearly doesn't mind linebackers who aren't coverage dudes evidenced by our 2nd rounder and Lawrence Timmons

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh and we got a guy at bottom of the third that we were considering moving up into the second round to grab

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Happy with cowboys draft so far.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Giants are betting a 3rd that McAdoo can pull off the Aaron Rodgers experiment again, I guess. Hope it works out.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami clearly doesn't mind linebackers who aren't coverage dudes evidenced by our 2nd rounder and Lawrence Timmons

Bit worried about that guy, but Tankersley in the third is A-OK

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Doltos posted:

Lynch has had a masterful draft so far I'm quite proud of the concussed former safety

I fully expected him to be an unmitigated disaster and him actually being good so far is uncomfortable for me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers drafted two offensive lineman, and had a guy who's nickname was Lights Out announce the pick of a guy named Lamp.

Today was good.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I love Kenny Stills jumping in to set the new kid straight.

https://twitter.com/kstills/status/858134740859269120

Edit: he deleted and reposted.

Brain Curry fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 29, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Bit worried about that guy, but Tankersley in the third is A-OK

He's got fantastic athletic ability but he plays a little slower. Maybe coaching up will free him to showcase some more?

I love our 3rd

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chromatic posted:

^ lol

Hunt was really good at Toledo and I couldn't tell you too much about Tanoh, but he looks like a freak.

I'm a bit surprised that Dorsey also used his 2nd round pick to future proof the roster. They must not count on Allen Bailey being around for long.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

LiquidFriend posted:

Hunt was really good at Toledo and I couldn't tell you too much about Tanoh, but he looks like a freak.

I'm a bit surprised that Dorsey also used his 2nd round pick to future proof the roster. They must not count on Allen Bailey being around for long.

They lost Howard and Poe in the last 2 months and Bailey is really inconsistent against the run.

I'm really surprised Dorsey hasn't even made an attempt at ILB, which is a far bigger need than RB. Maybe they have a ton of faith on DJ coming back strong.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Oh good, Mahomes is going to wear #4. I'm sure will temper Kansas City fans expectations and help give them patience to let him sit without screaming for him every time Alex throws 2 yards down the field on third and 8.

I may or may not be one of those people

edit: sry for double post

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Joe Mixon is a Bengal............

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I liked Cunningham a lot. I think D'onta is cool but I dunno when we have a big nothing at RT. We have no draft next year so I hope we find some miracle tackle somewhere else.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seahawks traded down, and had four 3rd round picks, and two 2nd round picks. Used them to draft 2 dt's, 2 db's, 1 OL, and 1WR. Outside of WR those were by far the biggest positions of need for the team. Malik and Pocic, DT and OL, were the highest selections and both look like they have a ton of upside.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Apparently we got the 2 best ball hawking CBs in the draft 👍

We need a RB...but I mean, man, Desmond King and Shaq Griffen are still out there..

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Shinjobi posted:

Seriously though, so far I've got very little to complain about with the Cowboys. Their little gamble on DE 1st round, secondary 2nd round appears to have paid off.:shrug:

Taco Charlton is very cool and good and Cowboys fans will appreciate him.

Plus, he loves tacos. And who doesn't enjoy eating tacos? Communists, that's who.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Joe Mixon is a Bengal............

If it makes you feel any better half the teams in your division have huge pieces of poo poo in them.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chromatic posted:

They lost Howard and Poe in the last 2 months and Bailey is really inconsistent against the run.

I'm really surprised Dorsey hasn't even made an attempt at ILB, which is a far bigger need than RB. Maybe they have a ton of faith on DJ coming back strong.
This really wasn't a great ILB class.

After Reuben Foster, it was a lot of, "man, eh. I don't know how well this player really projects in what they run."

Howard was already replaced by Chris Jones and they just swapped NT's basically.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 29, 2017

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

PrinceRandom posted:

I liked Cunningham a lot. I think D'onta is cool but I dunno when we have a big nothing at RT. We have no draft next year so I hope we find some miracle tackle somewhere else.

I thought the OL was a glaring area of need, considering the Texans haven't got anyone in free agency?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Spoeank posted:

I fully expected him to be an unmitigated disaster and him actually being good so far is uncomfortable for me.

The better he is, the more likely it is that Jed works to undermine/drive him away in some weirdo power/dominance play.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Two players from Temple were selected before the first player from Texas.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chromatic posted:

Maybe March is the heir to DJs spot.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Maybe March is the heir to DJs spot.
Man are we hosed if that's the case.

I think they were planning to go ILB but the best choices came off the board before they ever picked again. They will sign Hodges after the draft and try again next year.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
so yeah the Chargers haven't done anything that i've expected them to. WR in the first and then a pair of guards in the next two rounds.. it's a little odd, I really thought they'd address defense at some point, since safety is still a gaping hole and they could always use another pass rusher.

My guess is that the FO thinks their defense being terrible last year had to do with scheme and injury and that the switch to Bradley's 4-3 will pay immediate dividends. Either that or they're trying to be the poor man's version of the Cowboys, just grinding out the ball for 30-35 minutes a game and trusting what talent they do have on D to not lose it for them when the offense is not on the field. It's weird.

Like, i'm happy they finally decided to address how lovely the interior of the offensive line has been for years, it just isn't how I expected them to go about it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dolphins needed a pass rusher, LB and CB going into this draft.

We drafted a pass rusher, LB and CB so far.

Maybe they will be good!!

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Dolphins biggest need is QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

milk milk lemonade posted:

Dolphins biggest need is QB

that's probably not true!, but I appreciate your opinion!

• Locked thread