Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
did you no victor cruz was an UDFA
yah
yeah
yes
smoke weed every day
View Results

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Post about the stupid UDFA's your stupid team signs here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
49ers signing OL Jon Toth and WR Kendrick Bourne.

Edit:

OL Jon Toth apparently not signed due to medical?
OL Darrell Williams Jr
OL JP Flynn
OL Erik Magnuson
OL Andrew Eide
QB Nick Mullins
LB Jimmie Gilbert
LB Donavin Newsom
DE Noble Nwachuckwu
RB Matt Breida
DB Lorenzo Jerome
DB Jihaad Pretlow
WR Kendrick Bourne
WR KD Cannon <----gently caress yeah
WR Victor Bolden
TE Cole Hikutini

Edit 2:
Roster is waaaaay over 90, some current 49ers are going to be unemployed real soon.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 1, 2017

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
Seahawks grab Darreus Rodgers, WR from USC. I have no memory of him doing anything noteworthy in college.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ah one of my favorite annual threads for some dumb rear end reason

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans sign:
DT Eli Ankou, UCLA
LB Dylan Cole, Missouri State
DB Malik Smith, SDSU (set off the Ross siren)
LB Avery Williams, Temple
WR Justin Hardee, Illinois

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bring me ben boulware right meow

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Falcons
Marcelis Branch, DB, Robert Morris

Jermaine Grace, LB, Miami

Andreas Knappe, OT, Connecticut

Deron Washington, S, Pittsburg St.

LOL, Taysom Hill is picked up by the Packers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

From my fingers to gods ears, boulware is a panther.

Sorry about your butts NFC south.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

From my fingers to gods ears, boulware is a panther.

Sorry about your butts NFC south.

This is my worst loving nightmare.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

This is my worst loving nightmare.

Most gentle oil check of your life. Just let it happen.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Colts’ reported UDFA signings below:

Offense:
Darrell Daniels, TE, Washington

Phillip Walker, QB, Temple

Dalton Crossan, RB, New Hampshire

Bug Howard, WR, North Carolina

Defense:
Special Teams:
Thomas Hennessy, LS, Duke

Camp bodies and a long snapper.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dolphins so far

quote:

After selecting seven players in the NFL Draft, the Dolphins - like the rest of the league - moved quickly Saturday evening to add undrafted players.

Here’s a running list of players reportedly heading to Miami (and check back often for updates):

UM receiver Malcolm Lewis. Overcame a gruesome ankle injury as a freshman and finished his UM career with 62 catches for 650 yards, a 10.5 average, and three touchdowns. Had 17 catches for 211 yards, a 12.4 average, and one touchdown last season.

Lewis also returned 21 kickoffs for 470 yards in his career, a 22.4 average.

He will compete with Leonte Carroo, Jakeem Grant, rookie seventh-rounder Isaiah Ford and former UM teammate Rashawn Scott and the undrafted Arkansas player detailed below, among others, for two roster spots.

This signing was confirmed, via text, by agent Malki Kawa.

Arkansas receiver Drew Morgan: The 6-foot Morgan had 65 catches for 739 yards (11.4 average) and three touchdowns last season.

In his career, he had 138 catches for 1763 yards, a 12.8 average, and 14 touchdowns.

Morgan returned four punts for 37 yards and three kickoffs for 58 yards as a senior. He announced his Dolphins signing on Twitter.

Pro Football Focus said Morgan’s catch rate of 72.2 percent when lined up in the slot (35.4 percent of snaps) ranked first in the SEC and his 2.12 yards per route run ranked seventh.

PFF’s assessment of him: “Morgan has a lot of the skills and tools needed to be a solid receiver in the NFL but there is one big issue. His upright running style is the root of all his negatives. He gets pushed around both at the line and in his routes because of how straight up he is, and it’s a big reason he can’t win contested catches. If he could figure out a way to fix that, he could easily develop into a big-time slot receiver and possibly even move outside to the “Z” receiver role. But even if he doesn’t fix that, his savvy route-running and quick footwork should allow him to provide competition and maybe even playing time in the slot as a rookie.”

Houston defensive end Cameron Malveaux. At 6-6 and 270 pounds, Malveaux had 17 tackles for loss with four sacks, five pass breakups and three fumble recoveries in his career, including seven tackles for loss last season.

Here is NFL.com’s assessment of him:

STRENGTHS: Looks the part of an NFL defensive end with broad shoulders, a large wingspan and a good overall weight distribution. Flashes good initial quickness off the snap, varying his rush. Quick enough to slice through gaps to disrupt on runs to the outside and accelerates smoothly, showing intriguing overall athleticism. Good effort in his lateral pursuit. Uses his length to rip down ballcarriers. Improved awareness of passing lanes as he gained experience, recording five tipped passes over his career. Voted a team captain in 2016. Good bloodlines. Uncle, Felman Malveaux Jr., played wide receiver for the Washington Redskins in 1997 and 1998 and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1999.

WEAKNESSES: Struggles with pad level and is too easily rooted out of position due to his lack of leverage and core strength making his less effective than his size would suggest as a run defender. Overly reliant on his initial burst to split gaps, showing little coordination between his hands and feet as a pass rusher recording just four sacks in 52 career games. Resorts to simply pushing and pulling with opponents, getting stuck at the line of scrimmage and rarely making impactful plays.

IN OUR VIEW: Malveaux will get a long look from every NFL team simply because of his measurables but the tape does not match up. He split time between defensive end and tight end in high school and if he shows the ability to catch the ball cleanly in pre-draft workouts, he could be asked to switch back to the offensive side of the ball at the next level.

UNLV cornerback Torry McTyer. He had three career interceptions, including two as a senior. Also returned 20 kickoffs last season for a 19.2 average.

Punter Matthew Haack. Finished 19th in the country with a 43.9 average last season but is a major longshot to unseat veteran Matt Darr.

Georgia cornerback/safety Maurice Smith. A grad transfer from Alabama, Smith had 50 tackles, sixth most on the Bulldogs, two interceptions and two forced fumbles in 11 games, all starts. He was a team captain.

Akron cornerback Larry Hope. He transferred from UM after one year and played two seasons with Akron, finishing with two career interceptions. He had 48 tackles and one pick last season.

Virginia offensive tackle Eric Smith. The 6-5, 300-pound Smith was a two-star prospect out of Decatur, Ga., in 2013 but developed well with the Cavaliers.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article147660184.html#storylink=cpy

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Another one

quote:

Defensive end/linebacker Praise Martin-Oguike. Highly productive player who last season had 7.5 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, two fumble recoveries, three forced fumbles and 54 tackles.

In his career, the 6-1, 255-pound Martin-Oguike had 17.5 sacks, 27.5 tackles for loss, 10 forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article147660184.html#storylink=cpy

great name

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Connor Harris on the Jets. I can live with that.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions signed Storm Norton. I am happy with the Lions.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

quote:

Michigan running back De’Veon Smith. Ran for 846 yards on 4.7 per carry last season with 10 touchdowns. Also caught 16 passes for 66

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Zifnab posted:

Seahawks grab Darreus Rodgers, WR from USC. I have no memory of him doing anything noteworthy in college.

He was injured for most of his time at USC, but he was healthy this year and was a very good​ #2 receiver next to Juju

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

No, the loving Patriots took Austin Carr

he is going to be so good on that team, though, mark my words.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

quote:

Mississippi receiver Damore’ea Stringfellow (confirmed by the player on Twitter). The 6-2 Stringfellow caught 46 passes for 716 yards, a 15.6 average, and six touchdowns last season. Had 102 career catches for 1478 yards, a 14.5 average, and 12 touchdowns.

Here is Lance Zierlein’s assessment of him on NFL.com: “Big receiver with average speed but an ability to track the ball and win it at the high point. Might not ever be dynamic enough to be a dangerous starting target, but he has the body control and competitiveness to work the second and third levels with some success. Improved route-running should improve his separation ability but average starter might be his ceiling. His best fit could be with a West Coast offense.”

Northwestern Oklahoma State defensive end Joby Saint Fleur, a small school prospect, announced he is joining the Dolphins.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Nooo Raiders just signed the dog stomper

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh man could you imagine how insufferable it would be if the Patriots had successful twin receivers?

https://twitter.com/nfl_cfb/status/858497314285002755

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers UDFA signings:

TE Sean Culkin - Missouri
C Dillon Deboer – Florida Atlantic
CB Michael Davis – BYU
RB Austin Ekeler – Western State
LB Nigel Harris – South Florida
QB Eli Jenkins – Jacksonville State
K Younghoe Koo – Georgia Southern
LB Mike Moore – Kansas State
LB James Onwualu – Notre Dame
WR Andre Patton – Rutgers
WR Artavis Scott – Clemson
CB Brandon Stewart – Kansa
CB Brad Watson – Wake Forest
WR Dontre Wilson – Ohio State
T Mason Zandi – South Carolina

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

fsif posted:

Oh man could you imagine how insufferable it would be if the Patriots had successful twin receivers?

Drink every time an announcer says "double trouble"

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

a neat cape posted:

I'm glad he's got a home.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

R.D. Mangles posted:

No, the loving Patriots took Austin Carr

he is going to be so good on that team, though, mark my words.

oh for fucks sake

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Chargers UDFA signings:

TE Sean Culkin - Missouri

Looks like he should be a good tight end (as in looks the part), more willing to block than a bunch of other Mizzou TEs but not some road grader or anything. Always disappointed in production, although part of that might have been Mizzou's ridiculously inaccurate quarterbacks for most of his college career. He had injury problems almost every year.

e: For any New England fans who might be curious about DT Josh Augusta:

Big, large man. He was playing at 350 toward the end of last year, although I think he's slimmed down some. Really good athlete for his size, Mizzou used him as a short yardage running back a few times which was always this hilarious 1 or 2 yard run where the entire defense jumped on his back and he wouldn't go down then eventually the refs would call forward progress. As a DT he flashes and makes plays now and then that make you go 'holy poo poo,' but his motor is a big question mark.

So decently talented guy who might not want it enough for Belichick.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 30, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ehud posted:

• Northwestern Oklahoma State defensive end Joby Saint Fleur, a small school prospect, announced he is joining the Dolphins.

This is incredibly funny to me

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders sign noted piece of poo poo Ishmael Zamora

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Blitz7x posted:

Raiders sign noted piece of poo poo Ishmael Zamora

I think you'll find that the evidence of that was sketchy at best; a simple polygraph will show that he did not commit any crimes. Furthermore, I have it on good authority that he enjoys dining at P.F. Chang's and does not engage in protests related to the national anthem.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

Texans sign:
DT Eli Ankou, UCLA
LB Dylan Cole, Missouri State
DB Malik Smith, SDSU (set off the Ross siren)
LB Avery Williams, Temple
WR Justin Hardee, Illinois

We also signed Edge rusher Joe Mathis, who PFF had as 46 on their big board.

Insert lol pff here

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pff had mccaffery rated as their number 1 rb. Therefore they're infallible in their rankings thank you very much.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

BlindSite posted:

Pff had mccaffery rated as their number 1 rb. Therefore they're infallible in their rankings thank you very much.

You're probably in the wrong thread but I appreciate the amount of alcohol you must be drinking right now so onward Carolina soldier

pff rated this post as a sixth rounder but i think they're going to be surprised in a few years

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 30, 2017

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

a neat cape posted:

Chargers UDFA signings:

Extremely dangerous google search term warning.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I know they're just camp bodies but lol at the Bengals signing Tyler O'Connor anyway

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Bears got a 322 lb. dude named Rashaad Coward. Terrible name, but may be a decent backup to Goldman.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

fsif posted:

I dunno, I think it'd be cool as hell for that family to be able to watch one team and root for both of their kids :3:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm shocked Gehrig Dieter didn't end up in New England

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Austin Appleby is on an NFL team

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Raku posted:

Austin Appleby is on an NFL team

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

fsif posted:

It would be a bit awkward if they only kept one.

• Locked thread